Sign in to follow this  
Mister Chops

Besart Berisha

A friend of mine told me we''re looking at this lad...http://soccernet.espn.go.com/player/_/id/167571/besart-berisha?cc=5739Quick and good in the air, looking to return closer to Europe after struggling to settle in Australia despite scoring "for fun" (or indeed, money).27 goals in 42 games is a very good record even if it is "A" League where Theo keeps clean sheets sometimes.Anyway, it''s probably b*ll*cks.

My brother lives out there,loves his football and reckons there are only a handful of top quality players, Berisha being one.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]A friend of mine told me we''re looking at this lad...

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/player/_/id/167571/besart-berisha?cc=5739

Quick and good in the air, looking to return closer to Europe after struggling to settle in Australia despite scoring "for fun" (or indeed, money).

27 goals in 42 games is a very good record even if it is "A" League where Theo keeps clean sheets sometimes.

Anyway, it''s probably b*ll*cks.

[/quote]

Sorry, but the guy has far too few letters in his surname.

Enquiries happen for players all the time, just a lot of them surface around the windows because it''s easy news for the press!

Now old Bor has a nephew out there down under and he reckons this lad is dynamite and would be good enough to replace Morison and Jackson all in one.  What your mate didn''t tell you is Berisha covers more kilometres per match than any other player, and he regularly runs at least 24km per match which is unheard of in this day and age for a forward player.

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]Now old Bor has a nephew out there down under and he reckons this lad is dynamite and would be good enough to replace Morison and Jackson all in one.  What your mate didn''t tell you is Berisha covers more kilometres per match than any other player, and he regularly runs at least 24km per match which is unheard of in this day and age for a forward player.[/quote]Blimey Bor, how much is that in miles? You youngsters babble on about them kilo thingabobs us old ''uns don''t understand. [:^)]

Long time listener first time caller, living in NZ I have seen a lot of this guy play.  He is not the man for us, a serial diver and simulator, he would real bring bad karma to the club.  He won the fA-league final last year with an absolute joke of a dive and has not looked the same again.  He did score a lot for Brisbane, BUT the were head and shoulders the best team.  please look elsewhere

[quote user="elryano"]

Long time listener first time caller, living in NZ I have seen a lot of this guy play.  He is not the man for us, a serial diver and simulator, he would real bring bad karma to the club.  He won the fA-league final last year with an absolute joke of a dive and has not looked the same again.  He did score a lot for Brisbane, BUT the were head and shoulders the best team.  please look elsewhere

[/quote]

http://www.transfermarkt.com/en/daniel-chima-chukwu/leistungsdaten/spieler_146561.html

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]

Now old Bor has a nephew out there down under and he reckons this lad is dynamite and would be good enough to replace Morison and Jackson all in one.  What your mate didn''t tell you is Berisha covers more kilometres per match than any other player, and he regularly runs at least 24km per match which is unheard of in this day and age for a forward player.

[/quote]You''re telling us he regularly runs 24km per match?  That''s 15 miles.  Does he make his own way to the ground or something?

I''m a Brisbane Roar fan and whilst I do think Berisha is a quality finisher, I don''t think he is good for Norwich as he is a poacher rather than a striker who gets involved in play. Berisha was great last season when he got lots of service into the box or through balls but as the roar has been struggling  (despite having highest possesion in league) he has looked rather isolated in matches. Given the fact he probably will have less service at Norwich I really don''t think he is any better than Morison and Jackson. He isn''t especially pacy, but works very hard and makes some intelligent runs but he is caught offside a fair bit.If we are looking at a roar player I''d suggest Theoklitos...