Sign in to follow this  
Pi$$ed As A Mattress

Norwich Interested In......

Gary Hooper. Norwich Interested In Danny Graham. Norwich Interested In Kei Kamara. Norwich Interested In Ricky Van Wolfswinkel. Norwich Interested In ....... Norwich need to be a little more proactive in signing some of these guys. Our Premiership status wont be safe even if we were Interested in Lionel Messi. Please sign someone soon !!!!!

Gary Hooper. Norwich Interested In Danny Graham. Norwich Interested In Kei Kamara. Norwich Interested In Ricky Van Wolfswinkel. Norwich Interested In ....... Norwich need to be a little more proactive in signing some of these guys. Our Premiership status wont be safe even if we were Interested in Lionel Messi. Please sign someone soon !!!!!

What is it that you think they are doing exactly?

If only signing players was as simple as some of the posters on this forum.

[quote user="Pissed As A Mattress"]Gary Hooper. Norwich Interested In Danny Graham. Norwich Interested In Kei Kamara. Norwich Interested In Ricky Van Wolfswinkel. Norwich Interested In ....... Norwich need to be a little more proactive in signing some of these guys. Our Premiership status wont be safe even if we were Interested in Lionel Messi. Please sign someone soon !!!!![/quote]

I''m DMing you McNally'' email address. Thank god you''ve come up with this advice before its to late and the sooner you let the powers that be know the sooner we''ll be sorted.Clearly they''ve madethe mistake of making offers and  waiting for answers when they should have been abducting the players using force of arms 

Perhaps you could diarise for future windows and send them a little reminder so that they don''t spend most of it playing cards and discussing the weather as they clearly have this time. You might just have saved the club with your searing insight.Thank you.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]

What is it that you think they are doing exactly?

If only signing players was as simple as some of the posters on this forum.

[/quote]But it is easy to sign players. On football manager I can do it in under 2 minutes....... Oh wait, its not the same!

"I''m DMing you McNally'' email address. Thank god you''ve come up with this advice before its to late and the sooner you let the powers that be know the sooner we''ll be sorted.Clearly they''ve madethe mistake of making offers and waiting for answers when they should have been abducting the players using force of arms

Perhaps you could diarise for future windows and send them a little reminder so that they don''t spend most of it playing cards and discussing the weather as they clearly have this time. You might just have saved the club with your searing insight.Thank you."

Dear Beausant, do I detect a note of sarcasm? (grins)

Gets you down, don''t it.

Oh great!

Another thread about not having yet signed a striker with lots of original, never before expressed thoughts by the OP.

Just what the world needs. Or maybe just what the impatient folk who can''t distinguish between computer game and real life or between quantity and quality need.

What is this obsession with relegation? Do you really think that the existing squad can''t win four more games this season? If we sign no one we, will stay up.

I am amazed at those fans who think they care more and know more than McNally and Hughton.

[quote user="ron obvious"]"I''m DMing you McNally'' email address. Thank god you''ve come up with this advice before its to late and the sooner you let the powers that be know the sooner we''ll be sorted.Clearly they''ve madethe mistake of making offers and waiting for answers when they should have been abducting the players using force of arms Perhaps you could diarise for future windows and send them a little reminder so that they don''t spend most of it playing cards and discussing the weather as they clearly have this time. You might just have saved the club with your searing insight.Thank you." Dear Beausant, do I detect a note of sarcasm? (grins) Gets you down, don''t it.[/quote]

No, of course not ron. I normally live for these new and stunning insights, it''s just that I''m on a bad period this week so getting a little grumpy.....[:P]

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="ron obvious"]"I''m DMing you McNally'' email address. Thank god you''ve come up with this advice before its to late and the sooner you let the powers that be know the sooner we''ll be sorted.Clearly they''ve madethe mistake of making offers and waiting for answers when they should have been abducting the players using force of arms Perhaps you could diarise for future windows and send them a little reminder so that they don''t spend most of it playing cards and discussing the weather as they clearly have this time. You might just have saved the club with your searing insight.Thank you." Dear Beausant, do I detect a note of sarcasm? (grins) Gets you down, don''t it.[/quote]

No, of course not ron. I normally live for these new and stunning insights, it''s just that I''m on a bad period this week so getting a little grumpy.....[:P]

[/quote]

So that''s you down as a sexist bully then![:P]

Sleepless nights perhaps?

We all know that this is all done to protect Mr.M''s win bonus,that he has promised to donate to the "co-operative"

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"]Oh great! Another thread about not having yet signed a striker with lots of original, never before expressed thoughts by the OP. Just what the world needs. Or maybe just what the impatient folk who can''t distinguish between computer game and real life or between quantity and quality need.

What is this obsession with relegation? Do you really think that the existing squad can''t win four more games this season? If we sign no one we, will stay up.

I am amazed at those fans who think they care more and know more than McNally and Hughton.[/quote]

Based on the way we are playing and if we don''t strengthen and the other teams in the relegation mix do then, yes, there is a distinct possibility we won''t win another four league games this season. You may be happy to take that gamble. I wouldn''t be and it is fairly clear Hughton and the directors are not prepared to either. Caring doesn''t come into it.

CH said in his press conference that he is the same as every other manager on limited means. They sort out a list of players they would like to sign, and then contact the various clubs to find out if they are available. There could be perhaps even 20 or 30 such enquiries, and if they are discouraged then the approach ends there. In some cases, a few, they take things further.

Sometimes, however, the clubs they contacted, or more likely the players agents, try to make something out of it later, perhaps to initiate an auction.

Meanwhile with the few being actively pursued, there are further conversations and perhaps bids. This all takes time, as the other club wants to wait to see if better offers come, and perhaps to begin to think and approach replacements.

If you watched CH in his press conference, he was not prepared to talk about any particular possible deals, even to say that one seems to be a lost cause. So we may infer that behind the scenes all sorts of things are going on. We may or may not be delighted with the eventual outcome, but I believe him in at leaqst two respects, - firstly that a lot of work is involved and secondly that to sign any really good player in January requires a deep pocket and plenty of drawing power, - we have little.

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

So that''s you down as a sexist bully then![:P]

Sleepless nights perhaps?

We all know that this is all done to protect Mr.M''s win bonus,that he has promised to donate to the "co-operative"

[/quote]

Or a trans sexist bully! No sleepless nights, that''s the beauty of being grandparents!

I think Mr M is sorting out an organisation to deal with all this money for the the Academy. FONCY would be a nice name, don''t you think?

To get players you have to meet the asking price ono not insult their club, if you were selling a car for 2000 i bid you half, i know your answer two words one is off. Interest will not keep us in the premier league. As for Hooper seems Spurs might think he is worth a punt, if he keeps us in the prem he is worth ever penny, sometimes you have to speculate to accumulate.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"]Oh great! Another thread about not having yet signed a striker with lots of original, never before expressed thoughts by the OP. Just what the world needs. Or maybe just what the impatient folk who can''t distinguish between computer game and real life or between quantity and quality need.

I am amazed at those fans who think they care more and know more than McNally and Hughton.[/quote]

Based on the way we are playing and if we don''t strengthen and the other teams in the relegation mix do then, yes, there is a distinct possibility we won''t win another four league games this season. You may be happy to take that gamble. I wouldn''t be and it is fairly clear Hughton and the directors are not prepared to either. Caring doesn''t come into it.

[/quote]

Anything''s possible Purple but that is a lot of ifs and seems rather irrationally desperate for someone as level headed as you. You know we will be ok because there are at least four clubs worse than us and/or too far behind us. I would like some good signings to strengthen the team and excite the fans.

This is not the brink of the apocalypse some are suggesting.

[quote user="First Wazzock"]I''m rather interested in Sophie Howard, but there is very little chance of me signing her. [;)][/quote]

I''d like to date Kylie Minogue.....But, ''I should be so lucky''....

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[/quote] Anything''s possible Purple but that is a lot of ifs and seems rather irrationally desperate for someone as level headed as you. You know we will be ok because there are at least four clubs worse than us and/or too far behind us. I would like some good signings to strengthen the team and excite the fans. This is not the brink of the apocalypse some are suggesting.[/quote]

Cambridge, I am not mad keen on statistics in football, but so far this season we have won 26.08 per cent of our 23 games. If that ratio continues for the last 15 we will win 3.98 games. OK, let us be generous and round that up to four. I don''t think it is irrationally desperate, given our current form, which is quite a way below a win ratio of 26.08 per cent, to regard that as rather on the tight side, given your safety criterion. So, no, I don''t KNOW that we will be safe. I think it is your certainty that is irrational.

It''s simply too great a risk not to strengthen up front if we wish to have a realistic chance of winning four games. We shall have to pay the premium associated with dealing in the January window. Or, alternatively, be comfortable with the very real risk of Championship football and the squandering of Lambert''s legacy.

[quote user="Beauseant"]I think Mr M is sorting out an organisation to deal with all this money for the the Academy. FONCY would be a nice name, don''t you think?[/quote]It''s okay, though I''m a bit tired of Ralph Malph and Pottsy Webber always being overlooked.

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

[quote user="First Wazzock"]I''m rather interested in Sophie Howard, but there is very little chance of me signing her. [;)][/quote]

I''d like to date Kylie Minogue.....But, ''I should be so lucky''....

[/quote]

I always fancied Kim Wilde... but then again so do all ''the Kids in America''...