Sign in to follow this  
I am a Banana

Would a loan deal be a better option?

It always happens that players prices are way over the top in January as teams ''panic'' buy to make sure they get the necessary player to push for the title or avoid relegation, but were almost an inbetweener. Not going for the title, and should already have just enough to keep us in the league.

So instead of buying Hooper for £8m or RVW for £10+m, both would almost certainly be much cheaper in the summer, should we look to get a ''quick fix'' and bring in a striker on loan?

I can''t think of any names off the top of my head, but there must be a few (can be from anywhere) who would love to play a few games just to ensure we stay up.

Good thinking.

I bet CH never thought of that, tell him to phone fergie and get RVP over and we will borrow him for the rest of the season.

I heard Messi was looking for half a season in EPL so let''s borrow him too.

Well now you silly banana maybe you could come up with a few names of proven Premiership strikers who would be made available by their clubs to come here ?

The only name that I know who is apparently available on loan and is a great player is Guidetti. I would certainly take him if I knew we were going to get another quality striker in the summer

Get one domestic player and a foreign one, one that is young and wants to prove himself, and another who has done it in the past but maybe need another chance?

[quote user="I am a Banana"]Would a loan deal be a better option?[/quote]I don''t know.  Which players are we talking about?Oh.  You don''t know any.Loan players certainly helped us stay in the Championship... oh, hang on.

Fi[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="I am a Banana"]Would a loan deal be a better option?[/quote]I don''t know.  Which players are we talking about?Oh.  You don''t know any.Loan players certainly helped us stay in the Championship... oh, hang on.[/quote]

A bit harsh Chops. Surely its worth at least a quick phone call to Spurs.......!!!

I understand the OPs question.

A few years back, Big Sam was known for getting January loans with the likes of Djorkaeff and Okocha. After successful loan spells that helped keep Bolton up in the 2nd half of the season, they went on to sign permanent contracts. I think Dugarry had the same impact in the latter part of one particular season at Birmingham after a loan spell, so this does have credibility.

Whether that happens so regularly now, I don''t know. The professional scouts will know better than us and I''m sure there are players out there to who a loan arrangement suits them and helps them to potentially get their foot into the Premiership.

Clealy we need quality also, so it''s a tricky one.

In theory a loan would be much better. However, prices in January are more expensive because clubs know they can charge more - so they''re not going to let players go out on loan and miss out on an inflated transfer fee!

As such, the only loanees we are likely to get in are those of a similar ilk to Kane - ie; a bit of a gamble. Could be young and ooze class and quality. Alternatively they might be, well, distinctly average.

The only way you''re likely to loan anyone with proven quality during January is if they play for a club who needs to get them off the wage bill and will loan them out for a small fee if they don''t get a transfer bid for the same player.

i dont write on here much but i am always looking on here and can never understand why as in this case a person gets slagged off for what ever he has writen surely if you dont agree why not just say no i dont think its a good idea instead of all the sarcasm on here?

[quote user="bigkev 1974"]i dont write on here much but i am always looking on here and can never understand why as in this case a person gets slagged off for what ever he has writen surely if you dont agree why not just say no i dont think its a good idea instead of all the sarcasm on here?[/quote]

Its because banana has history..................

On the subject of loans - Kane has not really had the chance to shine  yet.    People more or less wrote him off before he got here - because he wasn''t the big money signing they wanted.   I think he is here for a reason and still has the chance to show his worth........