Sign in to follow this  
Mr Brownstone

FAO of the Morons Tweeting McNally

Well said no doubt it is some of the gormless posters off here ,

What must other club supporters think when they read it.

I know what I would be thinking !!

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]

STOP IT!

You''re embarrassing the whole county!

[/quote]

Except that, no-one forced McNally to start tweeting as NCFC CEO. This may come as a surprise to some but it isn''t - yet - illegal not to use twitter. And even if you don''t "do" twitter "(which I don''t) you only have to take the occasional peak to know it is an open invitation to idiocy. Added to which, McNally''s twitter style, which is rather combative, was bound to lead to the kind of idiocy and stroppiness displayed there.

I asked him for his score prediction to give him a break. He only said he hopes we win, I was hoping for a 10-0 prediction...

It is amazing some of the tweets he gets though.

[quote user="Wings of a Sparrow"]That is the danger with making yourself available to great unwashed.[/quote]

If I was being really picky, I would say it should be ''to the great unwashed''.

Made me laugh WoaS though (the sentiment, not the missing word!)!

I really can''t be arsed to look - what sort of garbage are people saying to him? It really is pretty patheric, our club has always been ''approachable'' for want of a better word, and I''d rather it stayed that way.

I think his ''rather combative'' style, Purple, is probably because of the 140 character thing. He quotes the question and then is usually only able to put one or two words in way of response. This often comes across as more blunt than I''m sure he''d put it either in person, email or letter.

Branston - my favourite at the moment is the moaning about the Camp signing. Some ''tweets'' say we should have been signing a "better" standard of keeper to keep progressing. Then when pointed out that Camp is probably a short term option to cover Ruddy''s injury they then start moaning about paying "first team wages" to three keepers obviously without any knowledge of what we''re paying any of them!

It''s a tricky one for McNally; I like that he interacts with the fans, but at the same time I feel it may be better left to be done at club level - an official club twitter account and that''s it. Would hopefully cut out the more personal stuff both ways.

I find it ironic that McN has this written on his Twit account, "The views expressed by me on twitter are my own. Any NCFC customer service query will be answered by the next working day".

LOL he can''t he manage a score prediction.

I''m not being funny, but it''s some peoples opinions against others. What I don''t want to see is our Chief Executive retweeting all the while and especially about such a touchy subject... it''s almost as if he is taking the piss rather than admitting that we do in fact need a striker.
"We need a striker, why haven''t we got one yet?" - RETWEET HAHAHAHA...
The whole twitter culture is cancerous and the way in which it is being employed by Mcnally doesn''t amuse me in the slightest.

[quote user="Aggy"]

I think his ''rather combative'' style, Purple, is probably because of the 140 character thing. He quotes the question and then is usually only able to put one or two words in way of response. This often comes across as more blunt than I''m sure he''d put it either in person, email or letter. Branston - my favourite at the moment is the moaning about the Camp signing. Some ''tweets'' say we should have been signing a "better" standard of keeper to keep progressing. Then when pointed out that Camp is probably a short term option to cover Ruddy''s injury they then start moaning about paying "first team wages" to three keepers obviously without any knowledge of what we''re paying any of them! It''s a tricky one for McNally; I like that he interacts with the fans, but at the same time I feel it may be better left to be done at club level - an official club twitter account and that''s it. Would hopefully cut out the more personal stuff both ways.[/quote]

Aggy, that may well be true, but doesn''t alter the fact that this is how he comes across in public worldwide. He may (I stress "may"!) be as cuddly as the most adorable koala in private or in person, but this is how most NCFC fans see him. And, to be honest, I doubt his twitter persona really is that different. I suspect he is quite deliberately using twitter to carry on cultivating a hardman image. This was established right at the start of the new regime, that is was going to be ostentatiously ruthless in contrast to the supposed softness of the old regime.

But is that really an issue Purple? If he were being downright rude and offensive then that''s obviously not ok. However, I don''t think he is. He may come across as slightly rude every now and then, but that''s because of the character limit. The rest of his ''image making'' is fine by me. He doesn''t need to be nice, as long as he''s doing well for the club.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]The important issue here is surely that it''s FAO the Morons, not FAO of the Morons.

[/quote]

It''s a fair cop.

[/quote]

[:^)]

[quote user="Aggy"]But is that really an issue Purple? If he were being downright rude and offensive then that''s obviously not ok. However, I don''t think he is. He may come across as slightly rude every now and then, but that''s because of the character limit. The rest of his ''image making'' is fine by me. He doesn''t need to be nice, as long as he''s doing well for the club.[/quote]

Aggy, it isn''t an issue for me at all. That wasn''t the point I was making originally. He can be outstandingly rude as far as I am concerned. I have always judged him (and Doncaster before) entirely on actions rather than words.

If he doesn''t want to answer those tweets he doesn''t have to, I suspect he receives a lot more questions than he replies to! Therefore I feel he may be cherry picking certain questions for his amusement. I feel some of the questions are from similar people who call canary all.

Why wasn''t Croft playing today....he left at the start of the season! Classic