Sign in to follow this  
GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

lets all laugh at Lambert!!...

Lets go back to league 1 and never have the Lambert era! He was superb for us and did to us excatly the same as he did to Colchester and walk out when he was offered more money, and also the chance to bring a top 10 premiership team from the brink of relegation back up again. It isn''t working out for him at the minute but just lay off him. Without him we would be in the Championship most likely and Lambert would still have moved on to a different team!   

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

out of 2 cups in 4 days to lower league opposition. Presumably more sleepless nights and death threats from Villa fans to follow??

karma''s a bitch ain''t it?!?

[/quote]

I''d seriously consider waiting before laughing as Lambert could very well still have the last laugh. We''re currently in free fall and are in for a tough game tomorrow, a game in which we will struggle to come out of with any credit regardless of result. The way it''s shaping up is that it''s going to be close between us and villa, and it could be that one of us is occupying 18th and the other 17th come may. I''ll wait to have a wry smile.

For me its more laughing at Villa than Lambert. He did a fantastic job with us and once he''s left Villa I will be wishing him all the success in the world, until then however I can''t say I''m not finding this hilarious.

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

out of 2 cups in 4 days to lower league opposition. Presumably more sleepless nights and death threats from Villa fans to follow??

[/quote] I''d seriously consider waiting before laughing as Lambert could very well still have the last laugh. We''re currently in free fall and are in for a tough game tomorrow, a game in which we will struggle to come out of with any credit regardless of result. The way it''s shaping up is that it''s going to be close between us and villa, and it could be that one of us is occupying 18th and the other 17th come may. I''ll wait to have a wry smile.[/quote]

Are we in free fall? The games that we should of got points out from (whats expected of us) would be West Ham and Newcastle. (I would say Albion but they''ve been great this season and were up to 5th or 6th when we played them) all the rest nobody would predict anything else than us to lose, and thats the same for our next prem game at spurs. Although I admit we would have like to get some points off the bigger teams, when i look at it individually, I get so p*ssed off at posters having a go to such a degree that its the end of our season and we''ll be relegated before long. - of course we won''t.

Before the season started I predicted that we''d finish 14th, (I predicted 12th last season and won quite a bit of £££-although i do realise thats basically luck) if we buy the quality of striker that we bid for (Hooper or Wolfswinkle) I think we could possibly be looking at getting into the top half.

Can''t do that. He got us to where we are.

His downfall is to think the grass greener elsewhere.

Perhaps Villa didn''t want the distraction of the FA Cup just like all the self appointed Royalty on here

[quote user="school boy error"]For me its more laughing at Villa than Lambert. He did a fantastic job with us and once he''s left Villa I will be wishing him all the success in the world, until then however I can''t say I''m not finding this hilarious.[/quote]

Yes for me too, I have just got off the phone after asking

My Villa supporting Nephew is he still laughing at us

[quote user="school boy error"]For me its more laughing at Villa than Lambert. He did a fantastic job with us and once he''s left Villa I will be wishing him all the success in the world, until then however I can''t say I''m not finding this hilarious.[/quote]

My Villa supporting Nephew is he still laughing at us

[quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="school boy error"]For me its more laughing at Villa than Lambert. He did a fantastic job with us and once he''s left Villa I will be wishing him all the success in the world, until then however I can''t say I''m not finding this hilarious.[/quote]

My Villa supporting Nephew is he still laughing at us[/quote]My Villa supporting in-law just texted me to er thank me very much for the services of Mr Lambert. That wasn''t exactly what he said but you get the gist? [:D] Have replied to the effect "presume congratulations are in order, you only text when you''re winning"Those without a family or workmate Villa connection will never understand what they''re like, they think it''s all about Lambert...

Do we need this thread everytime his team loses? Or can we grow up?

Pfft lololol

[/quote] I''d seriously consider waiting before laughing as Lambert could very well still have the last laugh. We''re currently in free fall and are in for a tough game tomorrow, a game in which we will struggle to come out of with any credit regardless of result. The way it''s shaping up is that it''s going to be close between us and villa, and it could be that one of us is occupying 18th and the other 17th come may. I''ll wait to have a wry smile.[/quote]

You what? They''re not even a league team

Regardless of what Villa fans think the more important issue for Paul Lambert is what Randy Lerner thinks. There have been reports in recent days that Lambert is there for the long term, even if Villa is relegated. However, to lose out in two tournaments in days where the expectation would be to see future revenue flowing in can quickly change the thinking of people like Lerner.  

[quote user="I am a Banana"]Lets go back to league 1 and never have the Lambert era! He was superb for us and did to us excatly the same as he did to Colchester and walk out when he was offered more money, and also the chance to bring a top 10 premiership team from the brink of relegation back up again. [/quote]Yeah.Erm...Let''s all laugh at Lambert!!

surely a *cough* "big club" like Villa aren''t judging their or Lamberts success this season in comparison to what we do??

It''s the manner in which he left that''s the problem. Always best to leave on good terms.

Can you imagine Hughton leaving the way Lambert did? I know I can''t.

[quote user="Chunky Norwich"][quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

You what? They''re not even a league team

[/quote]

And that''s the sort of arrogance that will see us get beat.

BeatEN.

And why is it arrogant to assume the game won''t be "tough"? A trip to Old Trafford or the Etihad is "tough". Going to Stoke is a "tough" game. I could even see going to Millwall or Leeds as "tough" in their own way. But a Premiership side? Against a Conference side? At home? If that''s "tough" then I dread to hear what you think about Spurs on Wednesday!

Exactly! He says he would not have done anything differently but if he''d sat down with Chris Lakey and said something like:

"I''ve had a great time at Norwich and you''ll always have a special place in my affections but now I need a new challenge and I''m moving on".

Then none of these threads would exist. We would be saddened but would understand and feel appreciated.

But Lambert is a graceless and self obsessed man who is not well advised. So he left like a thief in the night and left all this avoidable bitterness and schadenfreude.

I find it hard to feel sorry for him much as I respect him as a manager and revere him as the man who saved my club

[quote user="I am a Banana"]Lets go back to league 1 and never have the Lambert era! He was superb for us and did to us excatly the same as he did to Colchester and walk out when he was offered more money, and also the chance to bring a top 10 premiership team from the brink of relegation back up again. It isn''t working out for him at the minute but just lay off him. Without him we would be in the Championship most likely and Lambert would still have moved on to a different team!   [/quote]Spot on.

Lincoln I think you are the most negative poster on this site. You never have anything good to say about our club and you aren''t happy unless you''re moaning. In fact I can''t even remember you on this site when we were p our 10 match unbeaten run. Hmm, funny that

I think we are all grateful for his time as manager here and I would tell him that if I ever met him. But he chose to be manager of Villa and did it in an unpleasant way, so feck him and more importantly feck Villa and their fans. They wanted him and let everyone know it. Now they don''t want him and frankly that is hilarious.

Lambert has resorted to simply deffing the local press at the post match pressie. Think he''s lost it, you''d have thought they''d get at least a "got to pick the lads up and go again on tuesday" out of him, apparently he''s just blanked their questions....Still why would such a big club even need their local press behind them eh?

I feel sorry for him in ways, but he''s getting what he deserved in a way. He got very lucky with us, him and Norwich were a good fit. Obviously things aren''t great at Villa so working his magic isn''t happening as quickly as it did here - but we had a very, very good team considering we were in league one, and that helped him massively.

There''s no doubt he''s a decent manager, but he does have his flaws. I''m surprised Villa''s defence is still as leaky as it is. But anyhow, this obsession with posting about him has to stop - lets get behind Hoots and make sure we don''t become a shock loss too

Early days yet, but all about set pieces with them at the moment. If teams keep targeting their weakness at set pieces and/or they lose Benteke then they''ll struggle. I''m sure they''re happy they can concentrate on the League now in a way though...right?

Why is everyone banging on about Lambert''s lack of loyalty. When he was our manager he did everything he could to ensure we stayed in the Premiership.... AND HE STILL IS !