Sign in to follow this  
unique

Televised Cup Games

Whilst I can understand the insignificant ESPN selecting the Leeds v Spurs cup match, less so the ManU one, I can''t for the life of me fathom why ITV have picked Stoke v Man City as their initial offering this weekend.

When the FA Cup is struggling as never before against the onslaught of the Premier League, surely it would be in the interests of ITV to show either the Norwich or Wigan game, in the faint hope of a cup shock?

Watching a turgid Stoke trying to batter Man City''s second string into submission is as far away from entertainment that you can think of. It''s a shame that ITV can''t be stripped of FA Cup coverage on this decision alone.

Totally agree with this. ITV have a dreadful record. We can all remember the dark days of their live Premier games. Poor game selection, awful presenters.

Well I for one shan''t bother watching that - not an inspiring fixture at the best of times let alone when there''s plenty of other Cup games to choose from.Boring, but somewhat predictable ITV choice.What great free to air channels we have for football - ITV who continually mess up their coverage & presentation on the one hand and, the non sport broadcaster commonly known as BBC, on the other.

I stopped being cynical for five minutes and confidently predicted our game would be shown live. FAIL in the modern parlance. So now i owe the PUPS a tenner.:-) I will sort this out soon nutty

BTW it is on 5live sports extra for anybody interested.

Well, sod Stoke Vs City for a laugh. If I had of managed to get a ticket for our game I''d be in Norwich today... as it stands I''ll have to be in the firstrow watching on instead. 

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

I know this doesn''t help anyone in the UK but, just for information, the Norwich game is being shown live on TV here in the USA.

[/quote]
Only on earth does it make sense to show a game in the US that would get more viewing figures in the UK... I mean... just... what? lol Still, at least that means I get to watch it. Thank you America! [:D]

Really bizarre choice of games today for the FA cup. Why on earth have they gone for two prem clashes when the latter rounds are going to be filled with such clashes. The 4th round tends to be where all the potential giant killers drop out or turn a big team over, why they haven''t put us or Wigan on TV i really don''t know.

Anyway, we really need a win today, get back to winning ways. Holt needs a goal too.

ITV just seem to be obssessed with the ''Big 5/6'' and that is it.  Televised games this round involving Man City, Man Utd, Tottenham, Liverpool, Chelsea.  Who was shown in the last round?  Think the only exception to this rule was Newcastle at Brighton.

[quote user="unique"]Whilst I can understand the insignificant ESPN selecting the Leeds v Spurs cup match, less so the ManU one, I can''t for the life of me fathom why ITV have picked Stoke v Man City as their initial offering this weekend. When the FA Cup is struggling as never before against the onslaught of the Premier League, surely it would be in the interests of ITV to show either the Norwich or Wigan game, in the faint hope of a cup shock? Watching a turgid Stoke trying to batter Man City''s second string into submission is as far away from entertainment that you can think of. It''s a shame that ITV can''t be stripped of FA Cup coverage on this decision alone.[/quote]

Totall agree. Turgid is the word. Pullis'' gang just get worse from a entertainment point of view. Utter tripe.

Totally agree, a Luton fan just texted in saying he''s gutted the their game isn''t being shown.

If it was at their place, it hands on would have been. But why just because it''s at Carrow Road does it make it less appealing than Man City?! If I was a neutral, I''d love to watch a potential underdog story. Man City vs Stoke sounds like the most boring tie available, and yet it gets shown. Ludicrous!

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

I know this doesn''t help anyone in the UK but, just for information, the Norwich game is being shown live on TV here in the USA.

[/quote]

And in the Caribbean. Fox Sports Plus.[:D]

OTBC

probably Brighton v Gooners would be the natural pick, but Brighton were on last round so should been us or Wigan for the shock possibility.  we complain about MOTD, but ITV are shite compared to that.

Itv are driven by viewer numbers and advertising revenue, and the simple fact is that man city are a bigger draw than we are. Obviously plenty of people would tune in to see us and Luton, but surely not as many as man city. Casual football fans are sheep, following whoever is flavour of the month.

ITV think that more people will watch Manchester City than Norwich City ... that''s why they are on the box

An interesting question for me though is would they be screening Norwich City V Manchester City if Stoke had drawn Luton instead? 

ITV executives must be crying over their prawn sandwiches.......missed out on the opportunity of showing live the biggest upset in the cup for nigh on 24 years........

I bet they show the Luton game live in the next round......