Sign in to follow this  
Derby Canary

Austerity has arrived at Carrow Road!

[quote user="Wiz"]

Newcastle want to stay up. . .I''m not so sure we do.

[/quote]

My inside source tells me that at the most recent board meeting they decided that in light of TV revenue being increased next season from £40 million to £70 plus million that. the policy going forward should clearly be relegation.[:P]

Wiz i really do not know what goes through that head of yours sometimes.

Sissoko landed a six and a half year deal from Newcastle. That''s a big commitment from the club on a player unproven in the Premier League.Old chinese proverb says: man who splash most might be trying to swim better but most probably is sinking.

[quote user="Zak Burger"]Sissoko landed a six and a half year deal from Newcastle. That''s a big commitment from the club on a player unproven in the Premier League.Old chinese proverb says: man who splash most might be trying to swim better but most probably is sinking.[/quote]

Old Norfolk proverb say - "Keeps yer hands in yer pocket, boieee, then no carpers ken fall out"

Reality is that with Clubs having ''worked Holt out'' and with him getting less mobile by the week, no other forwards with the speed/control to exploit breakaways, we are just not scoring!Opposition are able to take greater risks pressing forward + maintaining a high line in the knowledge that they can deal with any sudden breakaway thereby creating further pressure on our midfield/defence.I''m afraid that if the Premiership is ''where we want to be'' this comes with a certain need to take calculated risks. I do not advocate getting tied into a high/long term wage commitment, this has been the ruination of many a Club and will undoubtedly be the demise of QPR if they are not careful. But obtaining players who can be effective in this league do not come cheap (transfer fee wise) but players from abroad (including Scotland!) do not always demand the ridiculous salaries that are currently being demanded by homegrown ''talent''.In my opinion we do not have one striker on our books that can be regarded as true Premiership class, and we may live to regret this opportunity that may be a long time representing itself.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Wiz"]

[/quote]

My inside source tells me that at the most recent board meeting they decided that in light of TV revenue being increased next season from £40 million to £70 plus million that. the policy going forward should clearly be relegation.[:P]

[/quote]Warm air, mostly.

Derby Canary wrote the following post at 25/01/2013 7:39 PM:

"... I''m afraid that if the Premiership is ''where we want to be'' this comes with a certain need to take calculated risks..."

I think you''ll find that''s what they''re doing. Their calculations are probably different to yours.

Guess whose assessment I reckon is the more accurate?

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Wiz"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Is this the chap?

OTBC

So how many of you now recommend that we should"proceed with caution" and perhaps put off recruitment of striker etc until the Summer?Maybe with us only able to muster a couple of shots against non league opposition you can see reality I promise you with the present lot there is only one way we are heading!

[quote user="Derby Canary"]Reality is that with Clubs having ''worked Holt out'' and with him getting less mobile by the week, no other forwards with the speed/control to exploit breakaways, we are just not scoring!Opposition are able to take greater risks pressing forward + maintaining a high line in the knowledge that they can deal with any sudden breakaway thereby creating further pressure on our midfield/defence.I''m afraid that if the Premiership is ''where we want to be'' this comes with a certain need to take calculated risks. I do not advocate getting tied into a high/long term wage commitment, this has been the ruination of many a Club and will undoubtedly be the demise of QPR if they are not careful. But obtaining players who can be effective in this league do not come cheap (transfer fee wise) but players from abroad (including Scotland!) do not always demand the ridiculous salaries that are currently being demanded by homegrown ''talent''.In my opinion we do not have one striker on our books that can be regarded as true Premiership class, and we may live to regret this opportunity that may be a long time representing itself.[/quote]So how many of you now recommend that we should"proceed with caution"

and perhaps put off recruitment of striker etc until the Summer?Maybe

with us only able to muster a couple of shots against non league

opposition you can see reality I promise you with the present lot there

is only one way we are heading!