Sign in to follow this  
Northern Canary

Get into them

I just saw on another site that Charlton has said we should be more ugly. I agree.
i think we need to get more stuck in, win more tackles and headers. I know we are playing nice football and on our way to Europe but i would rather we dug in and got a few yellow cards but hopefully some good results as well.

any thoughts?

Said so all along !.........   the quickest route from A to B ... is a straight line ! ........     anyone see the Real Madrid game last night ?   .... their tackles  were ferocious..... and effectively  they never let the oppo rest on the ball for a second ! ...... THAT is the way we should play ....   as it is , we stand off  far too much  ... allowing them time to pass   

I don''t care if we play awful football for the rest of the season if we stay up.

As for getting ugly (you know whats coming) a team with the Doc and Safri couldn''t get much uglier!  Maybe we should sign Luke Chadwick.

[quote]I don''t care if we play awful football for the rest of the season if we stay up. As for getting ugly (you know whats coming) a team with the Doc and Safri couldn''t get much uglier! Maybe we should s...[/quote]

Mate, The Doc is like a slightly better looking version of Brad Pitt - what are you on about? When he controls the ball and delicately plays it up to the strikers its the most elegant site Carrow Road has ever seen.

[quote]Said so all along !......... the quickest route from A to B ... is a straight line ! ........ anyone see the Real Madrid game last night ? .... their tackles were ferocious..... and effective...[/quote]

i agree!

Also, our defenders always sit to deep, and our full backs are always too far in towards the middle, its as if we  have 4 centre backs..........

I know this is agreeing with my own point. but i think the opposition has way too much time on the ball, they seem to stroke it around for most of the game in the final third (towards our goal). They have too much space and time to build attacks. Is this a midfield problem?