Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for The Academy with the Pink un Pickers Week 24

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

Norwich to win.

Not following the crowd [|-)], I always go for the Norwich game

[/quote]nana what''s great about this is that everybody gets to make there pick and nobody judges them for it. or make silly underhand remarks.following the crowd as you put it also helps the picker as it if more people think a reuslt will happen then it probably will.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

No Purple, I won''t be selecting early. I have to saya your current temptation is my delight, but that''s okay, there''s lots of other chocolates in the box for me.

[/quote]

Yankee, I wouldn''t dream of depriving you of your delight! Seriously, there are now odds for a game in Malta which I like as much as Maccabi Tel Aviv, so please take the latter, unless you''ve found something even more luscious in the mean time.

Valetta to win at home against Hamrun Spartans.

The home/away statistics are not that convincing, with 4-3-2 and 13/7 for Valetta and 3-1-6 and 16/23 for Hamrun Spartans. But recent form argues for a home win.

Good luck to all!

This week it''s the FA Cup for me

Middlesbrough to win at home against Aldershot

Good luck everyone, especially Yankee

Off to Belgium this week...Zulte-Waregem to beat Lierse.Second and at home against third from bottom and away (obviously).Zulte-Waregem haven''t lost for some time and Lierse haven''t won for a while.The reverse fixture saw a 4-1 win for Zulte-Waregem at Lierse.

Can i have Arsenal away win please.All the very best to Yankee and all who sale with him. :-)

Evening all and especially to Yankee. Can only echo others sentiments regarding Ardee, who I never had the pleasure of meeting.

MMMK - BARCELONA -v- Osasuna HOME WIN

MM - RANGERS -v- Montrose HOME WIN

Good Luck everyone ⚽😜

Thanks to everyone for your input. Although there are a lot of attractive selections on paper I must confess I have spent much of my time looking at weather predictions on internet sites. I''ve looked at locations from London to Glasgow as well as on the continent. Obviously, there are some locations that will get sun and others won''t but, regardless, it will be very cold and windy in most places. Obviously, countries such as Spain, Portugal and Italy and Greece offered better weather, but some of the highly favoured teams there were on very short odds.

A lot of you have not been deterred from selecting FA Cup games, however, the conditions will add to the unpredictability one always sees. Further, there is always the question of how many regulars the Premiership teams will sit, particularly given the full schedule of Premiership games this coming Tuesday/ Wednesday. Manchester United and Norwich were the short-list teams I was most concerned about in that regard, although I chose both because I don''t think they will want to disappoint in front of fairly good turnouts. A good few of you were in support of Middlesbrough ( I tossed and turned on this one because they are injury-riddled at the moment ) so I''ve gone with it.

So, Nutty, here''s what I decided to go with:

Norwich to beat Luton ( newyorkcan, city-till-i-die,vindo, ncfcstar, Banana, Beauseant,Mister Chops, Statto28, jellytot, NWC, Slim )

Maccabi Tel Aviv to beat Hapoel Akko ( my selection )

Middlesbrough to beat Aldershot ( First Wazzock, Graham Humphrey, NorfolkChance, Excited Canary, Hughesy )

Manchester United to beat Fulham ( Twidio )

Liverpool to beat Oldham  ( snake-eyes )

Real Madrid to beat Getafe ( Nutty Nigel )

In the event of postponements, and should you still have an opportunity to adjust the bet, I am listing in order those that can be substituted ( in order of preference ):

Barcelona to beat Osasuna

Juventus to beat Genoa

Porto to beat Gil Vicente

Plenty to choose from this week but I''m going to stay clear of cup shocks and plump for Barcelona to win at home.

Good luck one and all.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

Thanks to everyone for your input. Although there are a lot of attractive selections on paper I must confess I have spent much of my time looking at weather predictions on internet sites. I''ve looked at locations from London to Glasgow as well as on the continent. Obviously, there are some locations that will get sun and others won''t but, regardless, it will be very cold and windy in most places. Obviously, countries such as Spain, Portugal and Italy and Greece offered better weather, but some of the highly favoured teams there were on very short odds.

A lot of you have not been deterred from selecting FA Cup games, however, the conditions will add to the unpredictability one always sees. Further, there is always the question of how many regulars the Premiership teams will sit, particularly given the full schedule of Premiership games this coming Tuesday/ Wednesday. Manchester United and Norwich were the short-list teams I was most concerned about in that regard, although I chose both because I don''t think they will want to disappoint in front of fairly good turnouts. A good few of you were in support of Middlesbrough ( I tossed and turned on this one because they are injury-riddled at the moment ) so I''ve gone with it.

So, Nutty, here''s what I decided to go with:

Norwich to beat Luton ( newyorkcan, city-till-i-die,vindo, ncfcstar, Banana, Beauseant,Mister Chops, Statto28, jellytot, NWC, Slim )

Maccabi Tel Aviv to beat Hapoel Akko ( my selection )

Middlesbrough to beat Aldershot ( First Wazzock, Graham Humphrey, NorfolkChance, Excited Canary, Hughesy )

Manchester United to beat Fulham ( Twidio )

Liverpool to beat Oldham  ( snake-eyes )

Real Madrid to beat Getafe ( Nutty Nigel )

In the event of postponements, and should you still have an opportunity to adjust the bet, I am listing in order those that can be substituted ( in order of preference ):

Barcelona to beat Osasuna

Juventus to beat Genoa

Porto to beat Gil Vicente

[/quote]

Thank you Yankee. Thoroughly professional as always. I appreciate the thought you have put in and I''m confident that all the games will go ahead. However, because you have been so thoughtful to include reserve picks, I''m going to put the bet on in the morning just in case. Back to the selections, not only do I think they have an outstanding chance of success but they will also provide some real excitement for us PUPs throughout the weekend.

This thread is immense.

Everyone contributing this week for our friend Yankee to get the x5. Sorry I haven''t had a selection, been really busy dodging snow all week! Although my record is very poor since Xmas - I need to find some form before my picks at the end of Feb,

I''ll start by napping Norwich to beat Luton today

Good luck Clyde

Leedscanary

Good luck all and Clyde.

Sorry (again) for being late, I really need to stop doing this! :(

Norwich to win please.

Best of lick

It''s all looking good for your six Yankee so I''ve placed the bet with Bet365 and the potential payout is £38.16. Here are the details : -

Bet Details

Date/Time

Stake

Return

Maccabi Tel Aviv @ 1/7
Norwich @ 4/11
Middlesbrough @ 1/3
Man Utd @ 2/7
Liverpool @ 1/4
Real Madrid @ 1/7
6 Folds, 1 bet * £10.00

26/01/2013 11:35:28

Total for this period

Maccabi Tel Aviv, Norwich and Middlebrough get us underway at 3pm followed by Manchester United at 5:30. All things being well we will still be in the hunt tomorrow when Real Madrid kick off ay 11am and finally Liverpool at 4pm.

Good luck every one. I''ll see some of you in the Nelson after the game when we can raise a glass to Yankee[B]

As we all know, the cup matches will always have unpredictability present but, I have to say, there were some real banana skins outs there today even in other fixtures. Nutty, I suspect our stats this week may be competing for the worst of the season. Let me just say to some of the youngsters out there that the last time Luton beat us 1-0 in the FA Cup that I was heartbroken,  and the Norwich team on that day had nothing to apologise for. They were magnificent, a third level team and would have played today''s outfit off the park. In a way, it''s sad to say I don''t feel that same sadness anymore.

P.S: For Kathy....great pick today Kathy. I should have listened but it wouldn''t have made much difference I fear.

Unlucky Yankee, you couldn''t really ignore Norwich with all the support it had, and we certainly shouldn''t have lost. But such is life, unfortunately. Think we should ask Hughton to refund this weeks bet?

Yes there were some strange results today and the stats will look bad Yankee. I think 11 on City and that''s the only game to let the bet down so far. Norwich were a let down in more than one way this weekend. It''s disappointing. Norwich have embarassed us today and let down the the PUPs on here. But we will be back willing them to win on Wednesday and back trying to help the academy next weekend. Greavesie was right - football is a funny old game.

So here are those dreaded stats! 45 of us picked this weekend with just 20 successful (44%). Between us we gave Yankee 18 selections of which 11 won (61%0. When the week''s banker goes down, and Norwich had 13 pickers by it''s name, we don''t win. Unlucky Yankee, you''re the best we have but not a miracle worker!

The Norwich and Rangers results meant we got a new leader in our PUPs league with Sports Desk Pete going top with Mr Bump and Til1010 right on his tail. Here''s the latest PUPs league showing those of us with at least 50% correct from at least half the available weeks : -

Sports Desk Pete131493%
Mr. Bump222492%
Til 1010222492%
Beauseant212488%
PurpleCanary 212488%
Yankee Canary212488%
Herman141688%
Swindon192286%
Hissing Sid202483%
Jed Exodus202483%
Newyorkcanary202483%
Norfolkbroadslim202483%