Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for The Academy with the Pink un Pickers Week 24

Greetings PUPs and welcome to week 24 of our Rays Funds For The Academy season. This week is real treat for us all with our good friend and legendary PUP Yankee Canary in charge and making the final selections. Yankee’s record of four wins when making the final selections shows just how good he is. And of course he was our first ever PUPs League winner. His enthusiasm never wanes and a quick look at the current league table sees Yankee right up there with 87% having selected every week.

But it’s not just the picking or the wins. Yankee brings much more to the threads. He maybe in New Jersey but every week he’s right beside me on this thread with support and suggestions to help us all. Yankee is a very shrewd man who picks up on things very quickly. Sometimes things that he has worked out for himself that I have been reluctant to post. Arrdee used to say Yankee was the shrewdest poster on this forum and as usual Arrdee was right. So to conclude this introduction I’m going to say thank you Yankee for your continual support. It’s greatly appreciated.

I’d love Yankee to get x5 by his name on Ray’s signature. But to do that he will need all you PUPs to be on top form with your selections. Don’t forget for the game to be considered it must be listed on Bet365. And once again this week beware of the weather. The leagues most likely to be affected are the lower leagues. The premier leagues usually manage to get their games played.

A quick update on our funds. The donations are still trickling in and we are just £15 short for the funds needed to complete this season. Then we can review where we are in the summer and make a combined decision on our future.

So now Ill hand the thread over to Yankee Canary. Remember theres no pressure because we are all going to be doing our best to help you get x5 by your name in the Rays Funds Hall of Fame. We all stand together with the single aim of raising money for our great clubs academy.

Good luck all you PUPs... Take it away Clyde ... the Rays Funds Thread is yours....... [:)]........

As always I leave you with Rays signature which now reads : -

Carve their names with pride.Yankee,4,Fellas,3,P''boro,2,Mr Chops,2,NewYork, Inch High,3, Blahblahblah, NCFC_Shaun, 1st Wazzock,3, Fonejacker,3, Norfolkbroadslim, Norfolkchance1, Scooby,3, Trent Canary, Cosmic Twin, Graham Humphrey, Leedscanary, NcfcStar, Herman, Delia’s Devonshire Dirtbox, Lappinitup, Statto, Mandie Moo, Mr Bump, Kathy, Til1010 yes Norfolkchance1 £1897 for the Academy,so far.

Thanks for the kind words Nutty. All of the PUPS know that any appreciation should be always flying in your direction so, to this week I prepared a little thing that I know you would appreciate in particular, however, it''s a small reminder ( particularly for some of our newer PUPS ) where this thread came from:

Arrdee’s Trust

He and I watched  many games together

But I never knew where he stood

Arrdee and I watched Bunny Larkin play

But I never saw Bunny like Arrdee would

We spent our boyhoods at a similar time

When the H-Bomb hung heavy on youth

I thought of myself as an honest young man

I know now Arrdee had the corner on truth

We all know truth has many versions

Which vary over time and style

But one truth that Arrdee shared with us

It’s better to live our lives with a smile

It’s four quick years since Arrdee left us

He generously donated this thread

Like so many, I never met the great man

But I was seduced in all that I read

He entrusted this thread to his great friend

So we are linked to the club in weekly fun

Arrdee knew whether we won or lost

As Canaries together our race was run

In memory of Ray Ducker, Entrusted to his great friend, Eddie

Hiya

Lazio to beat Chievo at home please-with a record like that it doesn''t look like you need me to wish you "good luck" Yankee, but i will-"good luck Yankee Canary".

That was very nice Yankee, really enjoyed reading that :)

As for my pick this week, after trying to be clever and failing in the previous two weeks I think i''ll go back to basics and back to Barcelona. They hose Osasuna who sit in 18th place, Barcelona of course lost their last game, so I expect them to bounce back and thrash the visitors this week, although Osasuna haven''t conceded too many on the road, compared to the other bottom half teams, they have lost on six occasions on the road whereas Barca have won 8 out of their 9 home matches, drawing the other.

Barcelona vs Osasuna- Home win.

Good luck :)

Wonderful words Yankee, sentiments I''m sure we all share.

To Serie A this week and

Juventus (Top 8-1-2 24-7 at home) vs Genoa (3rd bottom 2-2-6 7-13 away) - Home Win

Best of luck Yankee, and all you PUPs

I''m going for a home win for Barcelona v. Osasuna.

Barcelona are W8 D1 L0 F29 A7 amd Osasuna are W1 D2 L6 F6 A13

Good Luck, YankeeCanary!

I can''t see beyond a glorious HOME win for Norwich in the FA Cup this week please.

Best of luck to all, especially Yankee

Good morning to you Nutty,very good luck to you Yankee and to all you other PUPs out there.

Off to Spain and a HOME WIN please for BARCELONA v Osasuna.

Good luck Yankee, I don''t usually do this, but come it''s got to be:Norwich to beat LutonGood luck Yankee and all you Pups.

I''m going to Spain with Tilly, Ginger Pele and Cosmic this weekend[H][B][<:o)] But I''m on my own in the capital where I expect Real Madrid to see off Getafe. Real are W7 D2 L0 F28 A8 at home while Getafe are W3 D2 L5 F12 A17 away. Looks a banker to me.

Best of luck Yankee... what am I saying? As if the master needs luck! [;)]

Thanks Yankee. Sometimes it''s worth reminding ourselves of the friendship and spirit amongst City fans this tread creates, and the people responsible for it. Long may it continue.I''m going to take a chance with the weather again this week and head up to Scotland where Rangers (9-1-0-31-6) entertain Montrose (4-1-4-17-21) .Rangers v Montrose.......Home win.Good Luck Yankee. [Y]

Right, who is going to be the lucky recipient of the Blake curse this week? And it''s going to be Reading who I believe will have too much for Sheffield Utd.
I seem to remember you should have picked some weeks back Yankee, but were thwarted by Hurricane Sandy, Til1010 stepped in, covered himself in glory, and we''ve heard nothing else since. So time to put the record straight. We''re all rootin'' for you! Come on Yankee!

Lovely words Yankee and I echo Lappinitup''s sentiments also[:)]

Heading to Greece this week with this offering:

PAOK Salonika 6-2-0 (12-3) -v-  Xanthi 0-4-5 (3-11)  HOME WIN

Good Luck Yankee and all you Lovely PUPs[:D]

NORWICH CITY to beat Luton Town (1-0 in the 92nd minute with an offside goal off Grant Holt''s hand after we play 6-4-0 for the first 75 minutes etc etc)

Tempted by Maccabi Tel Aviv but waiting for odds for three other possibles. I take it you won''t be picking too early tomorrow, Yankee!

No Purple, I won''t be selecting early. I have to saya your current temptation is my delight, but that''s okay, there''s lots of other chocolates in the box for me.