Sign in to follow this  
Jacko

Ricky van Wolfswinkel

Totally agree Joanna - I''m not running us down when I say this but I believe players often have a vague idea of which clubs like them or not, and unfortunately if the likes of Spurs supporting Gary Hooper know''s he''s in with a chance of joining his boyhood team, with bigger wages and European football, then there''ll be NOTHING we can do to compete with that - ''early bid in'' or not, the players probably already aware - what part of that do some City fans not understand?!. But hey ho, it''s McNally and Hughton''s fault! And did I mention Delia''s? ;)

OTBC

New York Canaries on twitter has just posted an argentinian tweet that says Maxi Urruti of Newell''s Old Boys (an Argentinian team, he is a forward) is heading to Sporting Lisbon on loan for the rest of the season. It may be something or nothing, but is this in preparation for RVW''s departure?

you need to understand that it''s not that easy to negotiate with so many sides.

it envolves the club, the agent, the player, in this case a Fund...

also, remember that portuguese football culture is a little bit different.

here we don''t have the custom of saying: "Yes, we have an offer for X player or we made a bid for Y player"

You only know the business via normal lines, when the business was already done 5 hours ago :p

We have a simbolical phrase here in portugal: In football, what today is true...tomorrow is a lie...

[quote user="shefcanary"]New York Canaries on twitter has just posted an argentinian tweet that says Maxi Urruti of Newell''s Old Boys (an Argentinian team, he is a forward) is heading to Sporting Lisbon on loan for the rest of the season. It may be something or nothing, but is this in preparation for RVW''s departure?[/quote]

it is not suppose to.

because currently we are looking for another striker. If Ricky leaves we need to search 2 strikers.

currently we only have RvW for that position.

ps- that argentine guy is shitty player...to come, is only for the comission of some guys in the club staff.

@baavin: So, Van Wolfswinkel was meant to travel to the UK today. Didn''t happen, still in Lisbon. Can''t tell what is happening. #SportingCP #NCFC

I''ve posted in our forum, and I believe this escaped a lot of us...RvW "card" (don''t know the correct name) belongs:50% - Ireland "XXX" Fund which is held in partnership by Jorge Mendes (the famous agent) and Peter Kenyon (Chelsea guy).35% - Sporting Clube Portugal (please dont right Sporting Lisbon)15% - ESAF - a fund created by the club itself in partnership with a PT bank (called BES)So, as per my understanding, you need to have 100% according to PL rules. So you need to negociate with these 3 entities

[quote user="Javier''s Deaf Translator"]So lisbon only owns 10%?[/quote?? didn''t understood...The club (Sporting Portugal) holds 35% of the "card"/pass/economic rights

[quote user="Javiers Deaf Translator"]So lisbon only owns 10%?[/quote]

No. Not if those figures are right. The clubs owns 35 per cent or possibly 42.5 per cent, taking the half share of the 15 per cent into account.

Just read too in their media that Sporting has signed another striker because they think RVW may well be leaving.

Let hope DM has been working on this and it does happen, sounds rather tricky though with the three parties that are involved.

I just dont want to get my hopes up but I cant help it..... think we called all get disappointed though :<

The news is correct. at least the newspapers give the deal already done.The issue is that we need another striker. We only had RvW, so 1 out. 1 in. It is still missing another one...Regarding the percentage, as mentioned, is 35%. The fund is basically supported by the bank so the club will see 0 from the 15%.Thats why the constant news related to England, thanks to Peter Kenyon.Bear in mind that, and don''t take this offensively, for RvW the move is good under 3 perspectives:Salary which maybe 2 times more.It''s Premier League for God sakeNorwich can be a step for clubs with more "cash" and that fight for titles or at least Champions qualifications.PS - where is my friend Desert Fox? I would like to address him some few words...

I understand you done a deal with Porto about a loan agreement for lending players, is this aimed at clearing some debt and making up numbers from Porto?.

I agree with what you said Polen.

Salary should be more, (whats he on at sporting?). EPL will be a big draw and yes he may see signing for us as somewhere to start his career in England. Think many NCFC fans will agree if we were to sign him it may only be for a couple of years if he performs to what he is capable of.

For me he would be my No1 target out of anyone we have been linked with and I would not mind if he was our only outfield signing of the window.

Sorry polen, mistook the ''don''t right sporting Lisbon'' as it is not sporting lisbon... saying that my math was still horribly wrong!!

And no one here will take offence to that. Most of us understand that players may be coming to us for first team football to show their talents for the bigger teams, as it were.

But, often the players end up loving it here and refuse big clubs (I say often but hucks is the most recent one I remember! )

[quote user="Baracouda"]I understand you done a deal with Porto about a loan agreement for lending players, is this aimed at clearing some debt and making up numbers from Porto?.[/quote] Nop. Mainly we are lowering our pants and giving our #$" to them...it''s one more stupid decision of the board.They are smart and know that we have good values in the club, so they basically fish here...and we let them.In the current squad, they have 4 ex- Sporting players.The worst is that they are our rivals.Incredible, hein.

yes, I thought it was weird, I understood it was quite a passionate rivalry, like most rivalries in big cities. Was interested what was going on there.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]Seen some Tweets tonight about Fenerbahce entering the race for him.[/quote]

The source for this Fenerbahce story seems to be a guy on twitter who has Hulk, Wolfwinkel, Robinho and Ayew all on the verge of signing a 3 1/2 year contract with them. Not sure how reliable (@SIR__11) is or if he is a journo.

Polen is from Sporting''s forum, has nearly 4000 posts there. He''s a fan of them, and come here for to discuss the ''Wolf'' and swap news stories. He''s very welcome here :)

It''s be very easy to go onto a Sporting forum and copy a username to make yourself seem legitimate! Reminds me too much of that French imposter last year...

Either way, he isn''t doing any harm.