Sign in to follow this  
Jacko

Ricky van Wolfswinkel

I agree Renskay, Just been trawling through their forum and found a lot of them discussing Norwich''s bid and what''s interesting is that they believe that Wolfie is right to leave if their manager continues to play 4-3-3. They''re saying that Wolfie is best suited to playing upfront with another striker and not as a lone man up top. (Must mean our gaffer is looking to partner Holt surely?)

They seem to believe that we are paying them 5million euro''s (35%) of the fee. I wonder if Nowich can agree a deal with the other parties who own stakes in Wolfie to pay it in installments? That may be how we can afford to pay it off? Anyone know any more on this?

[quote user="Michael Bates"]I agree Renskay, Just been trawling through their forum and found a lot of them discussing Norwich''s bid and what''s interesting is that they believe that Wolfie is right to leave if their manager continues to play 4-3-3. They''re saying that Wolfie is best suited to playing upfront with another striker and not as a lone man up top. (Must mean our gaffer is looking to partner Holt surely?)

They seem to believe that we are paying them 5million euro''s (35%) of the fee. I wonder if Nowich can agree a deal with the other parties who own stakes in Wolfie to pay it in installments? That may be how we can afford to pay it off? Anyone know any more on this?[/quote]That''s what I want to confirm. If in England, the club must have 100% ownership or if the 35% are enough...basically this means that if you need to have 100%, do you have cash to pay 14 million euros?Regarding the guys saying that he is no good to play in 4-3-3...those guys are crazy...he is good alright, the problem is the Board, the club president, everything is going by the drain...

[quote user="Baracouda"]How many other clubs in Portugal are similar position?[/quote]didn''t understand the question? similar to what?

From a SL forum:

Reportedly tomorrow Ricky is on his way to Norwich. Between € 13-15m. (We have only 35% of the pass - received 4.5 M) One of the best signings of the era and now godinho vai. If anything, it is admission of failure of the "project" (ever existed?) godinho. ''s time ...

Terrible translation, but I think you get the gist!

[quote user="ron obvious"]From a SL forum:

Reportedly tomorrow Ricky is on his way to Norwich. Between € 13-15m. (We have only 35% of the pass - received 4.5 M) One of the best signings of the era and now godinho vai. If anything, it is admission of failure of the "project" (ever existed?) godinho. ''s time ...

Terrible translation, but I think you get the gist![/quote]Consta que Ricky amanhã está a caminho do Norwich. Entre 13-15M€. (temos só 35% do passe - recebemos 4,5M)Uma das boas contratações da era godinho e já vai.Se qualquer coisa, é admissão do falhanço do "projecto" (alguma vez existiu?) godinho.Está na horaTells about Ricky going to Norwich tomorrow. between 13 to 15 m euros.One of the good assignment in Godinho (the president) era and he''s already going/or leaving (the club)If anything, is to admit the failure of Godinho''s project (if it really existed?)It''s on time ( a mention to sack the board)

[quote user="Baracouda"]Similar to Sporting financially.[/quote]You have some clubs.The most stronger financial are Porto and Benfica (due to champions receipt). Braga is also financially strong but on a lower level. I don''t know whats the avg salary there, but I believe wolfwinkel here in Portugal a monthly salary of 50K euros. around that.I remember a few years to see the salary paper of Reese (liverppol) and the guy received a huge amount...per week... :p

Thank you for your insights Polen. I really do hope we sign RvW at Norwich. The big question for you Polen, after watching lots of RvW, do you think he will prove to be a good signing for us? What can we expect from him? From the little I have seen of him in Europa League he holds the ball up well and has a good finish on him.

hmm Euro expert on Talksport says Fiorentina are in pole position to land him.....

Guess we can probably double his salary in that case. Just that if anyone else in the EPL does want him they would quite easily triple it.

Yup and thats why all these players want to come here, not cos its the best leauge but because its the money.

For me the German League is the best in the world but the wages are no where near as high unless your at Bayern, maybe Dortmund aswell.

[quote user="Michael Bates"]Thank you for your insights Polen. I really do hope we sign RvW at Norwich. The big question for you Polen, after watching lots of RvW, do you think he will prove to be a good signing for us? What can we expect from him? From the little I have seen of him in Europa League he holds the ball up well and has a good finish on him.[/quote]I''m going to be honest. the best strength he has is to be an all around striker. is not a missile running like Tevez, he doesnt have the technique of Van persie but is above average in a lot of atributes.As i mentioned in other topic, he needs to improve is aerial game in terms of attcking the ball and the headshot and to gain more muscle mass to support the physical game in the UK.you need to be patient because remember that he came from Netherlands were 4 guys defend and 6 guys attack and playing in a mid table team.then he came to portugal were Sporting has the obligation to win each game so the opposite defense defends tight pretty much the time.and now going to a different championship...he will need time to adapt.he''s a very smart player.  he combines very well with the player next to him like pass & go(dont know the word), he has good instincts. retains well the ball and hes good playing outside the box, going from the middle to the sidelines.Unfortunately Sporting is having two terrible seasons (6 coaches in 2 latest seasons). horrible team play. he basically plays alone in the front because we are playing with 2 wide wingers but the midfielders dont approach the area to compensate, so a lot of time he receives the ball and the closest guy is like 20 meters away from him...

[quote user="City penguin"]Yup and thats why all these players want to come here, not cos its the best leauge but because its the money.

For me the German League is the best in the world but the wages are no where near as high unless your at Bayern, maybe Dortmund aswell.[/quote]In Sporting the top salary is around 120k euros monthly and we are suppose to fight for the Champions League entrance...that''s the main problem the clubs have here in Portugal. to pay for a competitive salary. ah, and don''t forget that the taxes are almost 50%...

[quote user="Michael Bates"]what is MGTS saying? Newcastle and Fiorentina? :([/quote]basically it''s a newspapper boxline saying: lion''s auction includes Fiorentina and newcastle.believe I''ve mentioned that previously, (we also include tottenham) but the rumours of some people in the forum is that some of these clubs are just an agent game to increase the bid and the salary conditions (and also the agent comission of course).the feedback I had from a private message in the forum was that he was going to sign for (and I quote) the canaries.But again, this is information that people receive from all around (some are more reliable than others).That''s why I''ve came here in first place. To know if you guys knew/know anything from your side...

Ah right I see. Well if either of those teams bid the same as Norwich, then we have no chance unfortunately. Newcastle are a bigger club than us in the EPL and Fiorentina are a big club in Italy... However if we are the only ones stumping up the money then hopefully he will sign for us. Thanks for your info and help. If you har anything else, please do post on here :) (I''m awaiting acceptance to join your forum!)

I''d be shocked if we spent anything like €15 million, which is £12.8 million.

To me that wouldn''t make sense even if we did have the money. It''s 3-4 times our record fee. Surely with the players we have it would be more advantageous to buy more players with that much money, even if it''s 2 really good ones.

Still, what do I know. If we do sign him some poo will come out of me.

[quote user="Michael Bates"]Ah right I see. Well if either of those teams bid the same as Norwich, then we have no chance unfortunately. Newcastle are a bigger club than us in the EPL and Fiorentina are a big club in Italy... However if we are the only ones stumping up the money then hopefully he will sign for us. Thanks for your info and help. If you har anything else, please do post on here :) (I''m awaiting acceptance to join your forum!)[/quote]whats the nick please, so i can try to accelerate the clearance with a admin or mod.

[quote user="Alan_Grey"]I''d be shocked if we spent anything like €15 million, which is £12.8 million.

To me that wouldn''t make sense even if we did have the money. It''s 3-4 times our record fee. Surely with the players we have it would be more advantageous to buy more players with that much money, even if it''s 2 really good ones.

Still, what do I know. If we do sign him some poo will come out of me.[/quote]Thats what I mentioned in my forum.the capability (without offense) of paying 13M euros...but again, united gave 7.5 M pounds for a portuguese player called Bebe and we in Portugal were" WTF?", this guy is a sh*tty player...

Has he signed yet?

Has he signed yet?

Has he signed yet?

Has he signed yet?

Has he signed yet?

I still think its highly unlikely we''ll get RVW...

The original tweet says something along the lines of "the bid is the second to be rejected, but it''s not necessarily the final bid from Norwich". I think. Might still be legs in this yet, but I''m still pessimistic.

Personally not sure that £12m couldn''t be spent more wisely, but then I''ve never seen vW play... Will be an interesting couple of days, for sure.

From what Polen has written in Portuguese (which I read), he is almost certainly genuine, so other contributors shouldn''t be doubting his credentials.

The block of Portuguese text he provided contains no errors (so has not been put through Google Translate or its ilk) and has been personalised both to the thread and to the transfer rumours.

Obrigado, Mario!

I''ve seen him play JB for Utrecht. He tore the defence apart sometimes... This would be a top signing I assure you! Technically gifted and he would work fantastic in a tandem with Holt imo. But I am pessimistic just as you are...I''m thinking along the lines of the last window, where we got hooked up with Mr Kane... just before the window closed...

Good morning.

Any news there?

Don''t you guys know journalists or a son of the club staff?? that can provide intel about this?

here it''s on a standby, as you already know, there was a primary offer that was refused.

Don''t believe we are going to sell bellow the 10M pounds (12 million euros), mainly because of the Fund which has 65% of the player.

PS - As i mentioned since the first post. I came here with the best intentions. In order to know if you had reliable informations from your side regarding this business.

It was just to confirm the rumours (and some are more than that) we had on our side.

PS2 - First: He is a very good player. made 24 yesterday. has good skills. 2 years ago we paid 4.5 M pounds. it was a very good deal for us. But I understand the risk of paying 10M £ nowadays. If it was the other way around, I would be very sceptic about this.