Sign in to follow this  
Jacko

Ricky van Wolfswinkel

Looks like an instinctive 6 yard box poacher.  Also a good penalty taker but that won''t help us much.  Lots of the clipped goals look like the pass made the goal, allthough the finishes are super sharp no doubt.  Will he get that much space in the Premier and cope with tight marking and physically aggresive defenders?

[quote user="priceyrice"][quote user="shefcanary"]So we are having to negotiate with five people here - the three owners of the player, his agent and the player himself.  Christ, fat chance of getting that sorted before next Thursday especially as its will beb done across the Bay of Biscay![/quote] No, I believe you still just deal with the club who has the player, despite just having 35% ownership. Think of it more like a floating charge over a business, the lender has rights to any profit from the sale of the good (equitable ownership) but has no say over how the item is dealt with (legal ownership).[/quote]

Thanks PR. That helps my understanding.

And for Wolfie home is just a short plane trip away, twice a day to Schipol. Coming back you even land before you set off!

KLM might be interested in a little sponsorship here.

Thanks Priceyrice, still some chance - let''s see what McNasty''s deadline brings on Monday morning then!  And agree with Brian, he won''t be scoring many penalties here if he signs!! [;)]

I love the way every player we have been linked with has been fully appraised in each thread......we have some mighty good scouts on this message board......Facts compiled from Wiki, Youtube, recent preformances on FM 2013 and if the player is from anywhere other than EFL.

Some on here should be working for City''s scouting network.

[quote user="Indy"]

I love the way every player we have been linked with has been fully appraised in each thread......we have some mighty good scouts on this message board......Facts compiled from Wiki, Youtube, recent preformances on FM 2013 and if the player is from anywhere other than EFL.

Some on here should be working for City''s scouting network.

[/quote]

Killjoy [:D]

Indy, the club is cleverly sussing out the potential of the Pink Un scouts by pitching in for ever more unlikely names, and so far we''ve not been flummoxed.

Started off with Hooper and Graham, then Kei Kamara, and now Ricky van Wolfswinkel.

Should mean the next one will be a Togo youth international with a triple-barrelled name plying his trade in Ecuador.

Do you mean, Ivor Skord-Manyagol? 17 years old, 7ft, scores for fun in the box?

Born 27/1/89

6'' 1" tall

league stats:

2012 - 13 Sporting CP                    15 apps           5 goals

2011 - 12 Sporting CP                    21+4 apps       14 goals

2010 - 11 Utrecht                            26+3 apps       15 goals

2009 - 10 Utrecht                            27+4 apps        7 goals

2008 - 09 Vitese                             29+3 apps         8 goals

2007 - 08  Vitese                                + 1 apps        0 goals

Cost Sporting  5.4m Euros @ roughly 80p per Euro = £4.3m

I would wet my panties if we got Skord-Manyagol here!! Guaranteed to be a big hit and future hall of fame player if he comes, but the 25 million CFA Francs asking price by Kotoko FC might just be a stumbling block!

Have you seen his stats on Wiki! Played 42 games and scored 178 goals…..

I’m signing him tonight on FM 2013 to see how he would fit into this Norwich team!

Let you know tomorrow if he worth signing, Let’s be aving you.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]Daniel Chima [ap][/quote]

Are you trying to suggest something........

Maybe we can finally afford a player of his calibre. One question though. How are any of the fans going to afford getting his name printed on a shirt?!

I''m going to start saving now, incase we sign him in the summer

So where does this one stand?

Reading some ramblings in the Portugese and Dutch press, Norwich seem to have offered €7M + a conditional €3M (assuming staying up?). This is close to M£8.5. Norwich requested a yes/no on Sunday 27th.

Sporting Lisbon have also widely advertised he is for sale with a starting price of €13M = M£11

Apparently this has alerted PSG and Newcastle who are now reported to be also interested in him.

Squeaky Norwich unfortunately are out of their finacial depth here, onto plan ''E'' I think!

[&]

I have a feeling we won''t get him and it will probably be bloody Newcastle who are greedily buying everyone at the moment! I actually wish this news about Wolfswinkel had never got out out as I will be gutted when/if it doesnt happen [:''(]

I admire our ambition and to stay in this league you need ambition. He is many steps up form holty and a better player than hooper.

RVW is a player who can lift our team to another level and bring in a better calibre of player, hooper at 8 mill plus with the wages he wants I always thought was too much.

Lets see what happens what is clear is we have done a lot of research into improving our striking options. With this calibre of player we will need to add a higher quality to our providers hence a new winger and probably creative midfielder too.

But that is what is exciting, you should always improve on what you have. Tis move would push us to that mid table secure level and pushing further.

[quote user="Hog"]I have a feeling we won''t get him and it will probably be bloody Newcastle who are greedily buying everyone at the moment! I actually wish this news about Wolfswinkel had never got out out as I will be gutted when/if it doesnt happen [:''(][/quote]

I fear the same Hog. Out in the open again rather to fast for my liking, gives others a chance and even though Newcastle have spent a lot so far this Jan I still would not be surprised if they got him seeing they were linked with him in the summer.

I don''t think our being ''out in the open'' matters all that much. I can''t imagine the other clubs being unaware of his existence or price.

If you think about it, this is a form of egomania (like conspiracy theories), which overstates the importance of our club in the eyes of others.

If they want him, they''ll bid, if not, they won''t bid.

Ron you are right, the work has gone on, as has been said this search and discussions have been going on for a long time. there is a belief all the strikers we publicly have shown an interest would also fit our team ethic etc.

Lets see, but this certainly is a calibre above the strikers we have recently talked about and would show what calibre of players we cmn build around and certainly that we are now ready to build a premiership squad of some clout.

Agreed, Smooth. If reports are correct, he is a cut above Hooper, Graham et al - & you''re right, that is the way we need to go; better to get one player at a time like that rather than any number of Simon Lappins (bless him).

My only caveat is he must have the right attitude & buy into the club ethos, because, in my view, that''s what a club "is".

no chance for newcastle as he is the wrong nationality and as other posters have said he has been on peoples radar for a long while.

given that and SLs willingness to sell its no surprise that they have leaked our offer/interest in an attempt to secure more interest & an increased price - who is surprised at that?

I think if he were to join he would be a step up and the jewel in our crown, putting players who have come up from league 1 into perspective.

It seems a few members of this board have seen that our squad depth is a bit weak for this division and I do believe that a number of our squad players have, with the great leadership team ethic, reached the pinnacle of their careers and that is fantastic.

I certainly feel a player of his calibre would be our star and all eyes of Europe would be watching and ready to pounce as he shines in our team.

But quality leads to hopefully more and the sooner we bring that in the sooner we can build a team to be on the upper edge of mid table as this league is not as strong as it was as Swansea has proved.

If this came off that is what we could be looking at rather than safety and picking up good players, I think we need that creative edge and genuine wide player to cause defences problems and provide for RVW

Sorry I think with those new quality additions we can move to upper mid table. Current situation we can mid table to safety. But this type of player is a step up from graham and hooper.

And I agree of course the club are going to look to show any interest however small as it will alert many more. Isn''t that what a club and agent would want to do.

Holty''s agent realised that he was not as admired in the English game as he thought and we still signed up. The only interest was public by west ham but I can''t see him in their first team now anyway.

But this is an exciting prospect and if interest is there we are clearly looking to build at another level. Lets hope we continue to look at players of this calibre, European gems and move forward this and the next window.