Sign in to follow this  
Jacko

Ricky van Wolfswinkel

An article (see below) has now appeared in the said Portuguese daily. It claims we have offered 7 mill. euros up front, plus 3 mill. euros in add-ons. The club president wants any interested clubs to put in bids of 10 million euros + by Sunday.

I thought initially this thread was a joke, but the Diario de Noticias is a quality newspaper in Portugual (akin to the Times or Telegraph in the UK), so it looks like there really is something in this.

Norwich ofereceu 10 milhões por Van Wolfswinkel

O Sporting recebeu uma proposta de 10 milhões de euros para a venda de

Van Wolfswinkel, apurou o DN. O 13.º classificado da Premier League está

disposto a pagar sete milhões de euros a pronto, mais três milhões de euros por

objetivos a definir.

O Norwich pediu a Godinho Lopes uma resposta até domingo e, sabe o DN, o

presidente dos leões está disposto a vender o ponta-de-lança holandês, exigindo

aos clubes interessados uma verba entre os 10 e os 15 milhões de euros.

Van Wolfswinkel, recorde-se, foi adquirido por 5,075 milhões de euros em

2011 e entretanto o Sporting já vendeu 50% dos direitos económicos do holandês,

por 2,537 milhões de euros, e, posteriormente, mais 15% por 975 mil euros. Os

leões, portanto, receberiam apenas 35% do valor da possível venda ao Norwich.

Saiba mais na edição desta sexta-feira, 25 de janeiro, do DN."

Sorry, I mistranslated in haste. It''s Norwich who have asked the chairman of the Wolfwinkel''s club for a reply by Sunday.

And said chairman has asked any other interested clubs to put themselves forward with bids of 10-15 million euros.

lol - I remember suggesting him at the start of the month.    Would be a quality signing but he was on the optomistic end of the scale.   Always thought he was a better option than Hooper,  suits our style more and he has been attracting interest from the bundesliga as well as the better players here.   

Googleytranslated -

English club asked Godinho Lopes response until Sunday. Lions are recetivos sale of the Dutch, but the Norwich only pay seven million in cash.

The Sporting received an offer of 10 million euros for the sale of Van Wolfswinkel, found the DN. The 13. Runners Premier League is willing to pay seven million euros in cash, three million by the goals set.

The Norwich Godinho Lopes asked for a response by Sunday and you know the DN, the Lions president is willing to sell the center-launches Dutch clubs interested demanding an amount between 10 and 15 million euros.

Van Wolfswinkel, remember, was acquired by 5.075 million euros in 2011 and though the Sporting has sold 50% of the economic rights of the Dutch, by 2.537 million euros, and then another 15% for 975 000 euros. The Lions therefore receive only 35% of the possible sale to Norwich.

Can''t work out the economics of the last paragraph though, obviously something to do with a sell-on clause.

Let''s be ''aving you! here''s the English translation for you. :D

Norwich 10 million offered by Van Wolfswinkel

The Sporting received an offer of 10 million euros for the sale of Van Wolfswinkel, found the DN. The 13. Runners Premier League is willing to pay seven million euros in cash, three million by the goals set.

The Norwich Godinho Lopes asked for a response by Sunday and you know the DN, the Lions president is willing to sell the center-launches Dutch clubs interested demanding an amount between 10 and 15 million euros.

Van Wolfswinkel, remember, was acquired by 5.075 million euros in 2011 and though the Sporting has sold 50% of the economic rights of the Dutch, by 2.537 million euros, and then another 15% for 975 000 euros. The Lions therefore receive only 35% of the possible sale to Norwich.

Learn more in this edition of Friday, January 25, DN. "

He is going to sign. His career has stalled with regards to a move to the big clubs and by coming to Norwich it will put him in the shop window, so to speak.

Expect him to be here for a season and a half though before moving on to bigger things.

Still, that''s enough to see us safe for the next couple of years.

So so hope this one comes off, best signing ever! Just hope that as it has gone public no other clubs come in for him.......

He sounds like a character from a Brothers Grimm fairy tale!My initial reaction was that this was just his agent trying to flush out any other potential suitors but the more I think about the more I think we might have a chance. This is his second season in Portugal and despite there being various stories about top clubs in England and Spain keeping an eye on him there doesn''t appear to have been any firm bids made. He might look at us and think that if he can score a decent amount of goals between now and the end of the season and then repeat the trick next season that in eighteen months time he could get a move to a really big club.

"The Norwich Godinho Lopes asked for a response by Sunday and you know the DN, the Lions president is willing to sell the center-launches Dutch clubs interested demanding an amount between 10 and 15 million euros."

In non-Google Translate:

"Norwich have asked Godinho Lopes for a response by Sunday and, the Diario de Noticias (DN) has learned, the Lions'' Chairman is willing to sell the Dutch centre forward. He is seeking a fee of 10-15 million euros from any interested clubs."

Sorry, I mistranslated in haste. It''s Norwich who have asked the chairman of the Wolfwinkel''s club for a reply by Sunday.

And said chairman has asked any other interested clubs to put themselves forward with bids of 10-15 million euros.

Thank''s for the translation "aving you".

I would interpret that final sentence as Sporting being resigned to selling him, and now trying to start the auction.

That''s both good and bad news and I am certain we would rather have kept our bid quiet

A bit more reading between the lines that "a response by Sunday" might suggest we have another target to move on to to - or a bluff to give that impression.

Long way to go still, so will keep my feet on the ground.

OTBC

"Can''t work out the economics of the last paragraph though, obviously something to do with a sell-on clause."

It translates as follows:

"Van Wolfswinkel, it will be recalled, was bought for 5.075 million euros in 2011. Since then, Sporting have sold 50% of the economic rights to the Dutchman, for 2.537 million euros, and, subequently, another 15% for 975,000 euros. The Lions would therefore receive only 35% of the value of any potential sale to Norwich. Find out more in the Friday (25 January) edition of the DN."

Just been watching some clips on You Tube, he has some mouth watering skills, but reading the

comments it looks like Newcastle could get there first.

He''s so good he doesn''t stinkel,

He''s our Ricky van Wolfswinkel !!

Please buy him McNasty 😃

[quote user="lincoln canary"]Another Biglia scenario me thinks.[/quote]

more than likely.  Shame!

Newcaslte have just splashed the cash and although the fee for Gouffran was minimal he was on 80k a week at his previous club. Not many players come to England to take a pay cut either.

[quote user="jb"]

[quote user="lincoln canary"]Another Biglia scenario me thinks.[/quote]

more than likely.  Shame!

[/quote]

Did we try to buy Biglia?

No. It was another rumour to start a bidding war imo. And it didn''t work as they are still hawking Biglia''s name around.

Where are all the poets and songster on this board? let me help you along a little and tell you his name rhymes with a previous "great" canary centre-forward. we must be able to get a song out of that [D]

According to a Portuguese Journalist we have made an offer of 10m euro''s.

Why make an offer if we are not interested in signing him?

Because that''s what some ''fans'' think our club does Henry... We just bid for players for fun with no intention of buying, just to keep fans happy which really means gives fans an excuse to moan about the club they supposedly support.

It''s not even worry with a lot of these posters, it''s just pure moaning. I can get why people might be worried, but it''s just more, and if o felt the way they did I personally wouldn''t call myself a supporter.