Sign in to follow this  
AJ

Match Thread

[quote user="kick it off"][quote user="Oli"]Oh well we''ve deserved to lose after this performance. Hopefully it will act as a kick up the arse, far too complacent tonight![/quote]

We''ve hit the bar about 4 times, had one ruled out for offside, missed several one on ones and various very good chances. Im not sure how you can say we''ve deserved to lose.[/quote]

The performance has been poor, too many players look disinterested, too many hit and hope long balls, misplaced passes, poor decisions etc If we played like we''re capable of playing we''d have won this. 1-4 this is f*cking disgraceful!

Just didn''t seem to work for us in the second half with the changes and everything. I''m more concerned about a decent premier league showing, but still 4-1 loss to 5hitty villa is embarassing !!

Plusses might see back of Barnett and avoid 2 legged semi, remember what happened to Birmingham, now 1-4.  Bring on Wigan glad no extra time.

[quote user="whoareyou"]Disappointing night but not the end fo the world.

Far more imprtant we stay up this year and the recent history of ''smaller'' clubs winning this proves it can be a very bad distraction.
[/quote]

This

We also missed a hundred million chances. Only needed to take 1 of them earlier, but everything went wrong! Hopefully that''s all our bad luck gone in 1 game and out of the way!!

should have played the fringe/2nd string & youthdont see the point in risking fitness of the first team for this competition

[quote user="technika"]should have played the fringe/2nd string & youthdont see the point in risking fitness of the first team for this competition[/quote]

To win something? You know, the whole point of football!

He''s at a bigger club now, like or not, and they demand a degree of success.

We''re quite happy for survival.

And as far as i''m concerned, Hughton''s still doing a super job for us here, it just wasn''t our night.. It''s how it goes some times.

Heh one loss in Cup and some are already shouting Hughton out...

There wasnt anything disgraceful about our loss. 2 last goals were only because we started took risks as there wasnt anything to lose anymore.

What I heard in radio we had more chances before they took the lead althought Villa had more ball. That tells our lads had decent game and this time luck just wasnt on our side. Still better lose in a cup than in a league game so hopefully we can beat Wigan in next game.

[quote user="Wings of a Sparrow"]I''m not sure how more game time equates to less fit players?[/quote]

.. because there''s more chance of injury... simples.

Bear in mind it was similar when they played Man City earlier in the tourney, it didn''t do a lot for their league form. Shame to lose in any game, but far from the ed of the world and tbh we could do without all the extra games as are now picking up injuries that we can certainly do without.

oh well, a bit of a gutter, but I''d rather be in our position than theres. (easy for me to say as not at the game tonight though).

It proves that CH has it right in the league with not only his team selection but the formation.

I''m certain we''ll be the happier team come May.

[quote user="Oli"]]

To win something? You know, the whole point of football![/quote]very few give a 5h1t about the league cup anymore, i dont think too many would weep if it was dropped all together

we

are about to enter a very busy part of the season,  players get injured a

lot over december/january, no need to over play them and risk injury in

a nothing competition

lets hope holt is ok, i found the decisions to substitute howson and morison strange given their lack of starting time this season

Whatever any of us thinks of this result and performance, the one thing we must all hope is that this loss and conceding 4 goals, doesn''t impact on our league form.

I know all league games are worth 3 points for a win, but I really believe beating Wigan is the most important game so far.  IMHO if we beat Wigan, we will take a massive step towards survival.  It will put us 10 points above the relegation zone on 25 points with 3 tough fixtures coming up.

Disappointed with the final result but as others have said it is better for us to concentrate on the league.

Would still like to slap Lambert though:-)

May as well give up in the Fa cup, put second string out, teams will take that seriously so no chance of winning.  Expect a performance against Wigan on Sat. not good at all tonight, very very disappointed.

It seems to be the younger fans who think like this about the League Cup.

Norwich have always had a good tradition in this cup and lets be honest we''re not likely to win the FA Cup or the EPL title anytime soon. Nothing wrong with aspiring to a good run in the cup. Ask the Villa fans what they think right now and that''s how we''d be if we''d won tonight.

In all truth I don''t feel as down as I would about a League loss. I''ll be over this soon and if we win against Wigan I''ll be fliying high again as we should be in the top 10. OTBC!

[quote user="Wings of a Sparrow"]It seems to be the younger fans who think like this about the League Cup.

Norwich have always had a good tradition in this cup and lets be honest we''re not likely to win the FA Cup or the EPL title anytime soon. Nothing wrong with aspiring to a good run in the cup. Ask the Villa fans what they think right now and that''s how we''d be if we''d won tonight.[/quote]i wouldnt turn my nose up at wining the competition, but for me its not worth risking injury, fatigue or confidence of the first choice players, especially given how competitive the premiership is

[quote user="N city till I die"]What do you get for coming 10th?[/quote]

here, let me remind youhttp://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2158825/Premier-League-sell-TV-rights-3-billion-BT-Sky.html

Our unbeaten run started with Spurs in this cup, I hope we don''t now go on a losing run lol. Feel sorry for the fans that made it to the game, it''s a bad feeling losing a game especially when we let in 4 goals.Hopefully we can pick ourselves up and go again at Wigan.