Sign in to follow this  
USA Canary

Tetty and Hoolahan and Whitaker

Has anyone heard the fitness status of Tetty and Hoolahan for this weekend against Wigan?  We really missed them last night at both the top and bottom of our midfield.  Hope they aren''t out for too long.  Also, what about Whitaker?

Tettey apparently has a slight groin strain. Hoolahan got a knock late on at Swansea and Whittaker felt a hip niggle which had kept him out of training early in the week. None of them are major apparently, but no doubt no hard news will be forthcoming until Hughton''s Friday press conference.

I think that a bit of fatigue is setting in from the number of niggles we''re getting so maybe time to introduce one or two sets of fresh legs, Elliott Bennett for example.

After last night''s game I wouldn''t be totally surprised if there were a couple more on the injured list. As has been mentioned on another thread BJ picked up a knock quite early on and didn''t look 100% for the rest of the match.

Also Holty went down with what looked a bad injury early on too. Thankfully he was up again after a couple of minutes and soldiered on, only to pick up another knock after a nasty challenge by Chris Herd.

Morison went off, apparently injured, too.

Looks like others will have to step up to the plate and do a job for us.  Hopefully, this (...and last night) doesn''t disrupt our momentum and we can keep our undefeated run going.

The toll of lack of rotation is hitting a little now, with all these ''knocks''.

Will be interesting to see how Hughton copes with a busy Christmas period coming up. Wonder if he''ll do a ''McCarthy'' against Man City and field a weakened team - highly doubt it personally, but with 6 games in 21 days it is obvious that players will have to be rested here and there.

Agree that we miss Tettey badly.We have the players to cover for Wes, or at least we should have in Snodgrass, Benno and Butterfield. All three of them could do a job in the hole if given a run of games there.  Tettey and Bassong are the two players that we can''t do without right now. We have plenty of talent in the squad and Hughton needs to find a Plan B. Did he expect to go through the whole season with a first choice 11 and only using the rest of the squad as very late substitutions when his hand was forced?I''m looking forwards to seeing how well we will meet the challenge of a few enforced changes.

Agree that these three have been immense in the unbeaten run. Whittaker''s goal was class and he seems to have developed a good partnership with Snodgrass (also useful to Scotland). Tettey has certainly been missed in the last two games and I doubt that so many goals would have been conceded had he played. Wes just brings another dimension to any game, but wish he was able to score more goals.

I think the significant signing of the Summer was Bunn, this signing backs-up the theory that Hughton is trying to build a squad rather than a first 11 (unless he sees Bunn as a replacement to Ruddy). However, like most, you do have to question his rotation abilities. It''ll be interesting to see what happens when the likes of Tettey lose form (it happens to them all at some point), will Hughton continue to play Tettey or will he rotate.The exclusion of Barnett after Liverpool and Chelsea and the removal of Turner earlier in the season suggests rotation.[quote user="Thumbelina"]Agree that we miss Tettey badly.We have the players to cover for Wes, or at least we should have in Snodgrass, Benno and Butterfield. All three of them could do a job in the hole if given a run of games there.  Tettey and Bassong are the two players that we can''t do without right now. We have plenty of talent in the squad and Hughton needs to find a Plan B. Did he expect to go through the whole season with a first choice 11 and only using the rest of the squad as very late substitutions when his hand was forced?I''m looking forwards to seeing how well we will meet the challenge of a few enforced changes.

[/quote]