Sign in to follow this  
Cheeky Monkey

Iwan

Emotionally yes it would be great to have him back, but we know nothing of his coaching abilities.  OK he will soon have all the right coaching badges but that does not immediately translate into him being a good coach or the right person for the job.  If it happened I''d be pleased but I''m equally happy to leave it to Worthy to judge the suitability of Iwan to the needs of the club.

August 64

should never have let him go.... same as malky

Welcome back defently!

As Player/Coach, but im sure many people will be after him.

[quote]should never have let him go.... same as malky Welcome back defently! As Player/Coach, but im sure many people will be after him.[/quote]

IWAN AND MALKY ARE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR THE PREMERSHIP

surely that shouldnt be allowed.

Flooding...............

I think we get the message after one, maybe two times......

but not 10 times

and all in caps..........

I would suggest that he is definately not going to be good enough to play for us anymore, no matter what league we are in. That''s more to do with the players we now have at the club. However I think that it would be nice if the club offered him a coaching role, even if it was just for a season, just so he can steady himself again as it seems, from the article, to have all gone tits up so to speak.

>As Player/Coach, but im sure many people will be after him.<

He said it himself that the mighty Cambridge United were interested in him, on loan. I somehow think that the Premiership is a little beyond his capabilities.

[quote]IWAN AND MALKY ARE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR THE PREMERSHIP IWAN AND MALKY ARE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR THE PREMERSHIP IWAN AND MALKY ARE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR THE PREMERSHIP IWAN AND MALKY ARE NOT GOOD ENOUGH ...[/quote]

George Bush isn''t good enough to be The President of the United States, but he is.

God bless America ! (and Malky & Ewan)

Oh, and Norridge

iT WOULD BE GREAT TO SEE HIM BACK AT THE CLUB, BUT NOT AS A PLAYER.

[quote]surely that shouldnt be allowed. Flooding............... I think we get the message after one, maybe two times...... but not 10 times and all in caps..........[/quote]

You got the message? Good, perhaps other Norwich fans will as well and we won''t get the old...

"WHERE R U IWAN/MALKY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????!1111"

horses**t every time we lose.

They WERE great players for our club. Time to move on.

[quote]>As Player/Coach, but im sure many people will be after him.< He said it himself that the mighty Cambridge United were interested in him, on loan. I somehow think that the Premiership is a litt...[/quote]

well, lets say we dont get out of the bottom 3..........

Where has all the Iwan dissing come from? He knows he won''t play Premiership football, I know he won''t play Premiership football and you know he won''t play Premiership football.

The suggestion was that he takes a coaching role. You have to start somewhere and Iwan knows the club inside out - he''d be perfect for it, even as an assistant trainee coach.

No-one suggested he''d play in the team if he came back

The question was would I like to see him as a coach at the club?  It would be good for him to be back at the club but I would want to be sure that we need a novice coach and that he is amongst the best novice coaches around.  

There is no place for sentimentaility in football - if we employ him he has to be able to do the job better than any other candidate - not just because he has attained legendary status as a player.  Very few players become good coaches at any level and the number of failures is significant - Bobby Charlton, Mark Lawrenceson, Chris Waddle & David Platt anyone?

Would I want him back as a player?  Never - last season he proved that he was not up to a full season in the fizzy pop so would not hack it in the prem, and a further season on means that he would struggle even more in the championship.  If he is looking to play then league 1/2 are about right.  That does not dim his contribution to the club as a player though.

OTBC

Nobody is dissing Iwan.  The emotional stuff about him returning in some sort of coaching capacity is understandable but ultimately it should and could only happen if there is a position, he is the best person available for it, and it works for all concerned.  Knowing the club inside out does not count for that much in the calculation, and being popular with the fans counts for even less.

August 64

I would like to see Iwan in a Bryan Gunn type role. Think he would put 100% in & promote the club well.