Sign in to follow this  
Hackedoff

7th

.......and that is a fantastic achievement for all concerned at the team.

Absolutely brilliant. Great performance to weather the start of the second half and turn it around again (even if we should have been at least one more goal up by half-time).

[quote user="Icecream Snow"]2 points off a Champions League spot!....please no one take me seriously [/quote]why not?Spurs and Everton have failed to beat us this season, so have Manchester united and Arsenal...We will finish above Arsenal AND liverpool this season, one of those teams has spanked us... if we somehow did sneak into 4th and make the CL qualifiers can you imagine the uproar? "Little" norwich finishing ahead of the big boys? arsenal and Liverpool are mid table teams.. maybe Football is changing...

Lets not get ahead of ourselves. We''ve had to work very hard to get into 7th, I''ve no doubt we can stay there or climb too. But we''ve got a run of tough fixtures over Christmas, one game at a time!

[quote user="AJ"]Lets not get ahead of ourselves. We''ve had to work very hard to get into 7th, I''ve no doubt we can stay there or climb too. But we''ve got a run of tough fixtures over Christmas, one game at a time![/quote]

Not getting carried away JUST enjoying the moment :-)

One love OTBC

[quote user="AJ"]Lets not get ahead of ourselves. We''ve had to work very hard to get into 7th, I''ve no doubt we can stay there or climb too. But we''ve got a run of tough fixtures over Christmas, one game at a time![/quote]Come on AJ, don''t get all sensible - hop aboard the euphoric NCFC party train!! All aboard !! Wooo hooooo!!!!!!!

Hughton and the players have exceeded my expectations - Garth is right - it''s time the game took him and Norwich City football club seriously.

In fairness though, Sliced Bread did take his team to the Champion''s League final.   :)

An amazing achievement particularly when considering how the season started, down to brilliant management and a group of players who give 100% and actually play for the shirt! Let''s enjoy this while it lasts, as to maintain it will be way beyond expectations and like climbing Everest after reaching base camp.

[quote user="Dubai Mark"]An amazing achievement particularly when considering how the season started, down to brilliant management and a group of players who give 100% and actually play for the shirt! Let''s enjoy this while it lasts, as to maintain it will be way beyond expectations and like climbing Everest after reaching base camp.[/quote]

Whose expectations are you talking about?     Hughton''s history was of getting teams to play good football all over the park and in the process getting the players to play at their best level consistently.    It actually isn''t a surprise that he is doing that at Norwich.   He inherited a good squad and has built on it.   Also, maintaining the way we are playing at the moment is, I believe, not going to be beyond expectations - Hughton''s consistent approach  gives the players confidence and will encourage them to continue in the same vein for as long as he is manager.  

LDC, well being 100% honest my expections* and many others I''m sure. Regardless of how we have done to date, it would I''m sure in many peoples eyes be an amazing achievement to sustain this league position until the end of the season, not sure why you feel the need to shoot me down on this opinion, simply just give yours and I will respect it.

I question just how many people can genuinely say that they would have predicted us to be in seventh after trhe run of games we have just had and to sustain it until the end of the season.

* for the record, my expectations at the beginning of the season were......Full confidence in CH and despite having a stronger squad and playing better than last season, expected expected us to finish perhaps a little lower than last season due to this seasons league being stronger (Thought that at the time, but dont see the league any stronger than last now). 

[quote user="Dubai Mark"]An amazing achievement particularly when considering how the season started, down to brilliant management and a group of players who give 100% and actually play for the shirt! Let''s enjoy this while it lasts, as to maintain it will be way beyond expectations and like climbing Everest after reaching base camp.[/quote]

Umm - don''t most climbing teams who get to Everest base camp expect to reach the summit ?

[quote user="Dubai Mark"]

LDC, well being 100% honest my expections* and many others I''m sure. Regardless of how we have done to date, it would I''m sure in many peoples eyes be an amazing achievement to sustain this league position until the end of the season, not sure why you feel the need to shoot me down on this opinion, simply just give yours and I will respect it.

I question just how many people can genuinely say that they would have predicted us to be in seventh after trhe run of games we have just had and to sustain it until the end of the season.

* for the record, my expectations at the beginning of the season were......Full confidence in CH and despite having a stronger squad and playing better than last season, expected expected us to finish perhaps a little lower than last season due to this seasons league being stronger (Thought that at the time, but dont see the league any stronger than last now). 

[/quote]

I wasn''t shooting you down, DM, just wanting to check whose expectations you were talking about.   If you''re talking about your own expectatons, that''s fine, but too many people imo think that we should expect to be near the bottom of the table and fighting for survival.   It has been clear that we have been a team/club on the up since McNasty/Paul Lambert came in.    Hughton was the ideal candidate to take that on further.  

Why do people have such low expectations?  Because the media says so?  Because statisticians so?   I prefer to look at the evidence of what actually is happening on the pitch - and even at the beginning of the season there were clear signs that things were changing for the better - despite two poor results - Fulham/Liverpool.  Two poor results!!  In the whole season to date.   I don''t count Chelsea as they were just much better on the day.  Yet people were shouting for Hughton''s head a few weeks ago.   

I''m back on my hobby horse so I''d better get off again, but the words "above expectations"  gets me going....................................