H Liverpool v Villa (3-0)

H Man Utd v Sunderland (2-0)

A Newcastle v Man City (1-2)

D QPR v Fulham (1-1)

H Stoke v Everton (2-1)

H Spurs v Swansea (3-1)

D West Brom v West Ham (2-2)

D Reading v Arsenal (2-2)

Are game is Big, Wigan will know it is is a big game for them. they can take three points from a rival and I expect them to be fully up for it and from scouting trips they would have seen a defence let in a few goals in the Swansea and Aston villa games. So they will feel positive. It will be great to actually get three points from a genuine relegation rival so far we. Have fallen short of beating those teams that are in the bottom few places.

We were due a loss and hopefullyhave got it out of our system now. I feel more confident now v Wigan after the Villa game. I think you will see some changes and a good response from us but a Wigan side that is always capable of giving a good game

Moses caused havoc against us last year, without him I feel they are an easier side to beat.

I think we will win 2-0, Holt and Johnson, and back to the clean sheets!!

Saturday is a big game for us - we need the points and we have to show recovery from the Villa match.

I would feel more confident iif we were playing a top half team on Saturday, and while we should beat Wigan if we play at our best, I suspect that a scrambled draw may result - 1-1- or 2-2, but much depends on how many of the injured will be back. If Tettey, Bennett R or Turner, and Wes are all back, e might shade a win, but we seem back to our old low-scoring ways!

Fancy us to win very comfortably. 3-0 or 4-1. Have a feeling tettey will shine, as will Snodgrass.

Ridiculous. We have one bad game where we played a fairly weakened side in a cup game the players really didn''t seem to want and suddenly we''re back to our "low scoring ways". Might I remind us we scored 4 at the weekend?

Without key defenders the whole thing falls apart, granted. This could be our undoing, and could see saturday turn into a "score one more than you" affair. But your reasoning is unfounded.

A return to 4411, a more consistent performance and a stressful 2-0 win... coz we never make it easy.

Wigan seem to have a bit of a defensive crisis so if we can make that count we should be able to come out on top. That said we''ve come up against a lot of teams who were supposedly down to the '' bare bones '' and it''s gone wrong. Last season we apparently only had to turn up to walk away with the points but in the end were lucky to escape with a draw.I think we''ll win by a couple though.

I also think they''ll struggle as a result of their defensive injuries. 3-1 City. 2-0 up at the break, Kone to pull one back before Holt seals it.

0-0  I think that we have relied on our defenders too much for goals recently and that we may soon see a run of games where we will struggle to find the back of the net.

And you all moan at Lawrenson...

Bassong has scored three, Turner I think has scored two and Whittaker one - and then we have our midfield and goals from up front. I wouldn''t say we have been relying on our defence to score at all. Put simply, you''re talking out of your *rse.

[quote user="Thumbelina"]0-0  I think that we have relied on our defenders too much for goals recently and that we may soon see a run of games where we will struggle to find the back of the net.

[/quote]

We are not "relying" on our defenders to score goals - it''s something that is planned - part of the modern game & is working really well for us. We defend as a team & attack as a team. It''s been a long time since we''ve had goals coming from the defenders - Turner usually gets 5 per season so can expect some from him as well. With our team structure do you expect Holt & Hoolahan is create & score all the goals on their own ? They would have to beat up to 8 opposing players from open play. It shows we are replicating what we do on the training ground thru to match day from set pieces.

Back to the predicting the score - if Tettey & Hoolahan are back for Saturday we will win - we need Hoolahan at the very as least. Do not (those who) underestimate Wigan as you did Villa. Without Hoolahan it will still be difficult to break Wigan down. Without those 2 it would be fingers crossed.

" I''d say it''ll be a 2-1 Sunderland Déjà vu "

Seems like you were on the money there R.W.