Sign in to follow this  
RvWs 4 year contract

Where was the support tonight then?

Agree with the OP it was piss poor, I tried my best but it was so difficult to keep going when a lot of fans just didn''t bother.

I just don''t get the attitude of some fans though, the man stood next to me was definitely a Norwich supporter, but during the game he was quieter than a mouse would be, didn''t even clap once :S

I don''t get why these people go to matches...

I don''t get the mass exodus before the end. Where I now sit on the front row with the blanket dodgers people were streaming out in front of us. It meant you either leave with them or stay but see nothing. I''m hoping that this was people who don''t normally go.

It is always the same when the ground is full of "casual " supporters ... often too embarrassed to sing and the usual leaders of the chanting quite often missing .

Wait for saturday , normal service will be resumed ...and as for the poster who said all season has been poor ... including away support  WTF ??

Ever actually  been to a game ???????????

No ! thought  not  .......

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I don''t get the mass exodus before the end. Where I now sit on the front row with the blanket dodgers people were streaming out in front of us. It meant you either leave with them or stay but see nothing. I''m hoping that this was people who don''t normally go.

Are blanket dodgers similar to coffin dodger`s Nigel, someone did refer to me in that way recently, very unkind! There was a very large gentleman in front of me and although I hate to say it I believe he suffered from flatulance, most unpleasant as I tucked into my home made mince pie at half time. 

[/quote]

Not being funny, Nutty - but what was there to stay for after the fourth goal? That was, after all when the mass exodus happened and was all the display really garnered. Think of it as showing the club the disapointment we (Read: I) felt.

There is nothing more annoying than people moving around without good reason, blocking the view for others, having to stand up for people who''s only reason to move is to get out before the end.  I get cross with people who cause the whole row in front of me to stand up to let someone out - especially if it is to get food/drink or to leave early.   Its not the food or leaving early that is annoying - it is the inconvenience you are causing other paying fans.

Not being funny Stig but I missed the 4th goal. I can get myself up and start a ruck when people pee me off but those in wheel chairs can''t. Why would people walk and stand in front of them just because they''ve had enough?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Not being funny Stig but I missed the 4th goal. I can get myself up and start a ruck when people pee me off but those in wheel chairs can''t.  

[/quote]Now then, young man.  I''ll have you know that some of them can take on police horses.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Not being funny Stig but I missed the 4th goal. I can get myself up and start a ruck when people pee me off but those in wheel chairs can''t.  

[/quote]

Now then, young man.  I''ll have you know that some of them can take on police horses.

[/quote]

Indeed! These "Johnny-Come-Latelys" won''t know what''s hit them when the A Team are there!

[quote user="Chunky Norwich"]I thought our support was pretty good up until Villa''s equaliser and I just think the speed of it - following on from us taking the lead and giving it large to the Villa fans, only for them to turn it back at us after about 60 seconds - knocked the wind out of our sails
[/quote]

I agree Chunky Norwich. Where I sat in the Lower Barclay we were making some noise until their equaliser. After that it was much harder to be enthused to sing. I guess the cold didn''t help to get a lot of people singing but fans singing and the team doing well is a chicken and egg situation.

[quote user="barclay seats 4849 "]

It is always the same when the ground is full of "casual " supporters ... often too embarrassed to sing and the usual leaders of the chanting quite often missing .

Wait for saturday , normal service will be resumed ...and as for the poster who said all season has been poor ... including away support  WTF ??

[/quote]

Away season ticket holder actually, mate.

And the majority of the regulars i bump into at every away game agree.

I sit in the Jarrold and even though I really enjoy the facilities and the fact that I know other fans around me (who I speak to regularly at matches) the atmosphere is awful. It doesnt really bother me as when I go to away games I sample the atmosphere there but I do sometimes wish all 4 stands would sing...

[quote user="Grant Holts 3 year contract"]I sit in the Jarrold and even though I really enjoy the facilities and the fact that I know other fans around me (who I speak to regularly at matches) the atmosphere is awful.

It doesnt really bother me as when I go to away games I sample the atmosphere there but I do sometimes wish all 4 stands would sing...
[/quote]

Never gonna happen

Do we (Norwich) really have that many casual supporters to call on that can nullify the atmosphere to such an extent?

I wasn''t there, but on Radio Snorefolk, the Villa fans outsung us from the start and then throughout.

It might be strange to hear, but I wasn''t there for Villa''s goals and their managers fist pumping. It was cold, the players were tepid and the game was well finished. Nothing worth watching the stoppage time for.

I don''t agree I''m afraid stig

You should always still until the end, I payed to watch the game and I''m going to get the "finished product".

The finished product was 4-1. The only thing that MIGHT have changed was for the scoreline to be 5-1. And as I said, I didn''t go to see Villa. So with that in mind, I knew it was time to start the journey home.

I know I''m being argumentative, but surely we have just as much right to leave a poor showing from us as you do to stay and watch it for a few seconds longer.

That''s all very well if you think, but I know like Nutty I was frustrated at everybody (especially being at the back of the lower River End) grumbling and moving out. Don''t get me wrong, it was a rubbish last 15 mins and I grumbled too.

But it looks pathetic and is a good thing to laugh at for Villa fans. Not to mention blocking the view.

The singing by the Aston Villa fans was very very good, there were a lot of them and they really kept it going, lots of scarf waving as well, Their singing was far far better than ours but part of that was because there were so many of them, all concentrated in one area, and many of the usual vocal Norwich fans were either not there or not in their normal seats and there was less concentration of areas in the Snake Pit and Barclay singing. Also most of them were well pissed and had come by coach, much easier to get the volume up after a few on the way down and a few more at the game!  

[quote user="Resident Canary Stig"]The finished product was 4-1. The only thing that MIGHT have changed was for the scoreline to be 5-1. And as I said, I didn''t go to see Villa. So with that in mind, I knew it was time to start the journey home. I know I''m being argumentative, but surely we have just as much right to leave a poor showing from us as you do to stay and watch it for a few seconds longer.[/quote]

Couldn''t agree more. But the point I was making was that those people who left early didn''t have the right to physically stop others from watching the rest of the game.

[quote user="barclay seats 48/49 "]

So that will be a couple of hundred fans in the barclay and snakepit

trying to generate some noise. And the rest of the 24,000 odd home fans

sitting in silence, save for the odd ripple of applause/moan, depending

on the situation. Good stuff!

There is a lot of truth in what you say young man, I think the relative few who produce the majorityof the noise at Carrow Road deserve huge credit.By the way, I met Joss on one occasion, there was never a hint of what you seem to be suggesting!

I left early just before extra time and the final goal, I have no shame in doing so, given that Norwich had decided to finish early and I wanted to get a head start on the 3 hour journey home :(

[quote user="drurys testamonials V 15"]

[quote user="Grant Holts 3 year contract"]I sit in the Jarrold and even though I really enjoy the facilities and the fact that I know other fans around me (who I speak to regularly at matches) the atmosphere is awful. It doesnt really bother me as when I go to away games I sample the atmosphere there but I do sometimes wish all 4 stands would sing...[/quote]

Never gonna happen

[/quote]Exactly, it''s never going to happen CT.If you want the join in with the singing etc then unfortunately you will have to move your seat, it''s the way it is at football grounds across the country.  Find me a club where all 4 stands sing together and I''ll hold my hands up but I doubt you will, the only time it''ll happen is during important matches for small parts of the game.What annoys me more is that the Barclay/Snakepit boys are so adamant that they make a lot of noise and sing through the games - when it''s quite blatantly obvious to the rest of the stadium that this is not true.  Personally I''m not one of the loudest fans at all, I''m more into watching the game and how the tactics are working - call me sad but that''s what I enjoy.  At away games I''ll join in because of the mentality of being an ''away fan''.That being said, after the atmosphere has been talked up so much of here/Twitter etc it was very disappointing on Tues.

Hahahahahahaha, the Barclay making noise jesus I''m gonna choke myself to death ahahahahahaha

[quote user="BWs Cat"]That''s all very well if you think, but I know like Nutty I was frustrated at everybody (especially being at the back of the lower River End) grumbling and moving out. Don''t get me wrong, it was a rubbish last 15 mins and I grumbled too. But it looks pathetic and is a good thing to laugh at for Villa fans. Not to mention blocking the view.[/quote]

There''s good treatment for split personalities nowadays

All season the lower Barclay has been quiet. Years ago it used to bounce but not anymore. In fact the only area of the ground where there is consistent vocal support is the snakepit it would be a morgue without those guys. There just seems a nervous atmosphere about the Carra this year.

[quote user="lake district canary"]There is nothing more annoying than people moving around without good reason, blocking the view for others, having to stand up for people who''s only reason to move is to get out before the end.  I get cross with people who cause the whole row in front of me to stand up to let someone out - especially if it is to get food/drink or to leave early.   Its not the food or leaving early that is annoying - it is the inconvenience you are causing other paying fans.

[/quote]

It was particularly bad in K block of the Jarrold stand with people arriving late in the stand, i.e., between kick off and five past eight.

Then at twenty five past eight we had a group trying to sit in the seats they claimed they had tickets for but another group had been relocated to these seats earlier (allegedly from a lower row) ! 

Grant Holt''s 3 year contract:

I sit in the Jarrold and even though I really enjoy the facilities and the fact that I know other fans around me (who I speak to regularly at matches) the atmosphere is awful.

It doesnt really bother me as when I go to away games I sample the atmosphere there but I do sometimes wish all 4 stands would sing...

Tangy:

Are you located amongst the Opera goers?

Mind you I wish we could recapture the atmosphere that the occupants of the Jarrrold stand had during the 2003-2004 season....when Hucks was destroying the opposition.

[quote user="drurys testamonials V 15"]

[quote user="Grant Holts 3 year contract"]I sit in the Jarrold and even though I really enjoy the facilities and the fact that I know other fans around me (who I speak to regularly at matches) the atmosphere is awful.

[/quote]

Never gonna happen

[/quote]

The occupants of the Morgue Stand...sing, you must be joking!