Sign in to follow this  
lincoln canary (& Golden Coppel)

Wes and tettey

Have to agree with that today. The team did great but these two made a huge difference!!! Job done, good result!

I thought both of them were absolutely different class.

In this run of 3 straight wins I think we''ve actually improved from the matches before on this unbeaten run. As well as Wes and Tettey, Snodgrass and Pilks are really starting to perform well.

Very encouraging and now 7th place in the table. Dare we dream of Europe?

The spine of the team was needed in the summer, bassong, tettey and holt. Perfect spine with a few creative players off that and solid professionals, Whittaker, garrido and turner at the back.

Tettey has been that midfielder we have needed for so long, he is rightly first choice.

I totally agree with you. Tettey has been the link between the back four and the midfield which we missed so badly last season. He''s our Makélelé - he floats around from start to finish, makes tackles, has an unbelievable coolness with the ball and his passing is consistent. The only difference is our Alex likes to take a shot at goal. Whenever he''s in the team I feel much more relaxed. He''s most certainly winning my vote so far for POTS.

I''d say Bassong is our player of the season, he has been incredible and our results when he hasn''t played tell you all you need to know.

But to be fair, Tettey since getting in the team has been inspirational. I just think that lately Snoddy and Pilks have really come to the party and we are looking a much greater goal threat suddenly.

Also agree that Garrido and Whittaker have really improved us too.

[quote user="Beefy is a legend"]I''d say Bassong is our player of the season, he has been incredible and our results when he hasn''t played tell you all you need to know. But to be fair, Tettey since getting in the team has been inspirational. I just think that lately Snoddy and Pilks have really come to the party and we are looking a much greater goal threat suddenly. Also agree that Garrido and Whittaker have really improved us too.[/quote]

Agree with this particularly. Was getting worried that we might need more pace on the wings with our current system, but those boys have really stepped up and just when we say they aren''t getting goals or producing, they come straight back at us with goals and assists. That is absolutely crucial with Holt by himself up front

Wes pulled off an awesome piece of skill in the first half that surprise surprise wasn''t shown on the highlights. Those idiots in that studio (i''ve stopped saying the name of the programme) would have been drooling over if it was Rooney or Aguero.

I think it was a deflection or maybe a lofted pass, can''t remember, but he took the ball out of the air, controlling and turning on a sixpence, all in one sublime movement. He was pretty much unplayable all afternoon.

I guess as they continue to more or less ignore us beyond saying "oo look, Norwich won again, didn''t they do good" we will at least continue to be underestimated.

I agree with Beefy, not that I''m knocking anyone else, but Bassong is head and shoulders POTS so far. His stunning tackle at the end yesterday won us two points on its own.

[quote user="a1canary"]Wes pulled off an awesome piece of skill in the first half that surprise surprise wasn''t shown on the highlights. Those idiots in that studio (i''ve stopped saying the name of the programme) would have been drooling over if it was Rooney or Aguero. I think it was a deflection or maybe a lofted pass, can''t remember, but he took the ball out of the air, controlling and turning on a sixpence, all in one sublime movement. He was pretty much unplayable all afternoon. I guess as they continue to more or less ignore us beyond saying "oo look, Norwich won again, didn''t they do good" we will at least continue to be underestimated.[/quote]

Sounds beautiful..gutted they didn''t show it. You''re right - if it was a more known player then it''d be on showboat or something lol. Ah well, the less they know about his skills the better for us.