Sign in to follow this  
DumbleDelia is Magic

Mid to early 30s??

So Nige has come out and said that he thinks we could stay up with a points tally of "mid to early 30s".  We have 20 points at present.  Therefore to get, say 34 points, we would have to have results like this in the final run in:

• Man City (h) WIN
  • Chelsea (h) LOSE
  • Bolton (a) DRAW
  • Arsenal (a) LOSE
  • Man Utd (h) LOSE
  • Crystal palace (a) WIN
  • Newcastle (h) LOSE
  • Charlton (h) WIN
  • Saints (a) DRAW
  • Birmingham (h) WIN
  • Fulham (a) LOSE

Do you think we could double our games won total in the last 11 games of the season?

Surely Nigel is being too negative here. He is predicting, before the end of Feb, that the team that finishes 17th will get c.33 points. If that''s us, that''s 13 points from the last 11 games. Yes, that''s far better than we''ve achieved to date, possibly realistic but hardly ambitious. So he''s already forecasting that we shall drop 20 points over the remainder of the season; presumably in Nigel''s mind this includes the matches against the top 3. How does this fit with the players who, when interviewed, say they set out looking for 3 points in every game? Now at least they''ll know that their manager doesn''t really believe it. Bit of a blunder I reckon, Nigel

I think you are right northern canary, and i am optimistic that we can get something from the home game against newcastle. Watching them this season they are nothing special and their best player is now at celtic