Sign in to follow this  
drinks

NCFC 03/04 v ITFC 04/05

Which players in the current Ipswich first team would have got into our Championship winning first team of last season?

Below is what I think our 03/04 first team was, and to the best of my knowledge, the Ippo’s 04/05 side:

Norwich 03/04: Green, Drury, Fleming, Mackay, Edworthy, Huckerby, Holt, Francis, McVeigh, Svensson, McKenzie.

Ipswich 04/05: Davis, Wilnis, De Vos, Naylor, Unsworth, Miller, Magilton, Horlock, Westlake Bent, Kuqi

Magilton instead of Holt?

Bent ahead of Svensson?

I think Unsworth, Magilton, Westlake and Bent would find places in our starting line up to be honest. Probably at the expense of Mackay, Holt, McVeigh and Svensson.

I agree with Unsworth for Malky, Westlake for McVeigh but think Bent for Mackenzie would be a better swap.

OTBC

Maybe I was being a bit harsh on Holt v Magilton.

Magilton didn''t get much of a look in, in the two derby games last season, did he? In fact Magilton was particularly pony in the game at Carrow Road IIRC.

Kuqi has scored a few goals this season, but I like Svensson’s overall game better.

[quote]I agree with Unsworth for Malky, Westlake for McVeigh but think Bent for Mackenzie would be a better swap. OTBC[/quote]

I think ZLF is right.  I''d keep the majority of our team.  I would''ve liked Darren Bent though.  You never know; we stay up, they stay down and it could become a reality!!

" the Ippo’s  "

the farkin ippos !

never heard a City fan refer to our cockney wannabe, local business cheating, council tenants as the ippos

......... and hopefully never again !

[quote]" the Ippo’s " the farkin ippos ! never heard a City fan refer to our cockney wannabe, local business cheating, council tenants as the ippos ......... and hopefully never again ![/quote]

I thought "Ippos" was the name of choice for ITFC fans.

Anyway, back to the subject of this thread. How about Joe Royle v Worthy. I''d take Worthy over JR any day.