Sign in to follow this  
essexcanary

crucial away games

can we really beat palace or saints away?

palace are so good at home and southampton are finding form. hate to sound negative but these are massive games for us and i dont think we are better than these 2 teams, and wouldnt expect us to beat them at their place! we havent won away all season so how does worthy motivate them? if we win away at palace i think we''ll stay up but think we lose to southampton.

your thoughts

On the plus side though the pressure is on them to win, not for us to win.  If we come away from both with a point, palace and Southampton will be the cursing themselves as it was an ideal oppertunity to get ahead of us.  We on the other hand, would probably gladly take a point.  The key for us is to not lose these games. If we do, it''ll make things very hard

I can''t see us winning at either of those places. Our big games for me is the home ties with Charlton, Man City and Brum, all winnable

We CAN win those games away from home.  We must be due a win at Palace, what better time to get it?  Southampton will rely on Camara to get their goals and Crouchy to win the knockdowns, if we can stop the service to those two then we will give ourselves a fighting chance.  I do agree that the games against Charlton, Brum & Man City are must win.

[quote]I can''t see us winning at either of those places. Our big games for me is the home ties with Charlton, Man City and Brum, all winnable[/quote]

I agree with you Robbo - the key ones for us to get points from are the home games against mid table sides. Without those we are doomed even if we do win at both selhurst (coz we have a fantastic record there dont we!) and st marys (their home record is the best of the teams outside the top 4)  We can get results there but we will have to improve over our recent efforts and even two draws would be a good result for us.

We do need some away points to survive but unless we improve our defending this simply is not going to happen.

OTBC

yes we MUST beat CP and Soton.

Not only does that give us the 3 precious points but also - stating the bleeding obvious - means they get no points from these matches either.

Then all we have to do is match them in our remaining games point for point and i dont care whether that means beating Fulham away or Chelsea at home..

Let''s make a start on Monday !