Sign in to follow this  
TDC

Our chance of Wembley this season......

Sadly gone and by the look of the draw - Bradford vs Aston Villa looks like we could of had a nice run to the final. Have to say I''m disappointed! On the plus side would rather have a better league position come the end of the season....

Nah nah we don''t want that pony trophy anyway we''re going for a real one in the FA Cup

Just you wait and see

:D

Swansea would have been a good draw aswell. Would have been 2 fantastic games to watch if nothing else.

Have to say, as we got 3 points against Wigan, I was pleased we were knocked out.

Wouldn''t fancy any opponent in the last four. Even Bradford.

Lambert will visit Wembley. That''s pretty much guaranteed, especially if they keep Benteke fit. I''d actually like to see him go and win it too. Something I never expected myself to say.

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]Have to say, as we got 3 points against Wigan, I was pleased we were knocked out. Wouldn''t fancy any opponent in the last four. Even Bradford. Lambert will visit Wembley. That''s pretty much guaranteed, especially if they keep Benteke fit. I''d actually like to see him go and win it too. Something I never expected myself to say.[/quote]

It does rather beg the question as to why Lambert appears to be taking this comeptition seriously when Villa are 3 points above the relegation zone (and less than that when we played them in the last round). Yet he couldnt wait to get knocked out of every cup comepetition when here culminating in resting players against Leicester when an FA Cup quarter final was on offer when we were fairly comfortably mid-table?

TBH, Lambert did do well in getting us promoted twice but now I don''t think he''s all that. I really think Hughton is the better manager of the two and so agree many fellow footy fans in my office!

we dont deserve to go to wembley because we didnt win the quarter final against lets face it lads a bigger team. we dont have a big enough squad and think of how tired our lads will be from a cup run which we would never win

[quote user="Frodo"]we dont deserve to go to wembley because we didnt win the quarter final against lets face it lads a bigger team. we dont have a big enough squad and think of how tired our lads will be from a cup run which we would never win[/quote]

Well done you win the most ridiculous statement ever seen on a message board.

Against Modern Football Fans...

I just don''t get this ''I don''t want to go to Wembley'' mentality on here.

Spurs , Villa & Sunderland. I loved those games and would love it more if I could go to Wembley to see Norwich with my son

Sadly, there won''t be any Wembley appearance this year as Hoots has already stated, survival in the EPL is paramount. This means they will continue to play our second string team who will get beaten at some stage. It won''t be at Peterborough but it will be somewhere. 

I think this year is all about EPL survival and the increased TV revenue.

Although, if we can have a fantastic Christmas with 8 to 10 points out of the possible twelve then that would leave us not to far away from the magical 40 point level. Then maybe a Cup run could be on the cards.