Sign in to follow this  
ZLF

Team 4 Monday

A traditional pre match post....  given injuries my preferred team would be (expected team in brackets)

Green

Eddy   Shackell (Flem) Charlton (Doc)    Drury (charlton)

Jonson (Stuart)    Stuart (Holt)   Damo      McVeigh

Hux                Ashton

Subs

Gallacher  Leon, Safri, Holt, Flem

i dont really know what the best team would be.

Heres one idea:

Eddy  Shackell  Fleming  Charlton

Stuart   Damo   Holt  Jonson

Ashton  Hux

What about this for size!

Greeno

Edworthy                                                             Flem  Doc                              Charlton

Stuart                                                                   Holt  francis                          Hucks

Ash   Jonson

What it will be:

GK: Robert Green

RB: Edworthy
LB: Charlton
CB: Fleming
CB: Doherty

RW: Jonson
LW: Stuart
CM: Holt
CM: Francis

FW: Huckerby
ST: Ashton

Subs:

Gallacher
McVeigh
Safri
McKenzie
Shackell

[quote]What it will be: GK: Robert Green RB: Edworthy LB: Charlton CB: Fleming CB: Doherty RW: Jonson LW: Stuart CM: Holt CM: Francis FW: Huckerby ST: Ashton Subs: Gallacher Mc...[/quote]

That looks good to me Campbell.  Although I''d still like a Saf/Damo middle two

Agreed Campbell apart from 2 players. I''d like Safri in for Holt as many other people do. And Stuart, is he really left WING material. He is 34 and i doubt he has got the pace for that position. I''d like him on the left mid position.

Stuart on the left wing works like this:

Huckerby drifts out to the left...Stuart doesn''t go on the overlap, but drives into the space Huckerby has created. Charlton provides an overlap option ocassionally, but will normally stay put to prevent Wright-Phillips having a free run down our left side. Stuart gets into the box, as does Francis and Jonson at the back post; Ashton will always be in there. That''s 4 brave players getting into the box for a Huckerby cross/pull back, and apart from Jonson they are all very composed infront of goal. That''s not to say Jonson cannot finish, he can, I''ve seen videos, but he just seems to be lacking confidence. Stuart will not be a left winger in the traditional sense...

Basically he''s playing the Zinedine Zidane/Real Madrid role...for us

As for Holt: Safri has got no match fitness, and Holt is solid in the tackle and can provide good protection. If both players are fit, then I''d like Safri in there, but Holt is the best option for the Man City game, simply because he''s fitter and fills in the gaps in our defensive third.

I''m confident that this long break will have given us time to iron out the mistakes, get our focus back and get a decent run of results together.

I''d take a clean sheet right now though!