Sign in to follow this  
Frodo

i do not understand the ambition of some people on this forum

why are so many people on here complaining that we need to get to europe? what is the point? did anybody look at brummy last season (which houghton managed!). they didnt get promoted due to europe interrupting them. too many games=too much fatigue and distraction!!! we should aim for a nice comfortable spot arouns 15th. then we wont get too cocky. we take it slow. next season maybe we should push for 10th and europe is within our grasp. discus.

[quote user="Frodo"]why are so many people on here complaining that we need to get to europe? what is the point? did anybody look at brummy last season (which houghton managed!). they didnt get promoted due to europe interrupting them. too many games=too much fatigue and distraction!!! we should aim for a nice comfortable spot arouns 15th. then we wont get too cocky. we take it slow. next season maybe we should push for 10th and europe is within our grasp. discus.[/quote]

To achieve maximum distance in the Discus the athlete will have to balance three components - speed, technique and strength.

This is one of those "It''s too soon for us to get promoted" threads from 2 years ago, dressed up in Premier League clothes isn''t it?

We should aim to finish as high up the table as possible, to suggest otherwise is mental.

[quote user="Frodo"]why are so many people on here complaining that we need to get to europe? what is the point? did anybody look at brummy last season (which houghton managed!). they didnt get promoted due to europe interrupting them. too many games=too much fatigue and distraction!!! we should aim for a nice comfortable spot arouns 15th. then we wont get too cocky. we take it slow. next season maybe we should push for 10th and europe is within our grasp. discus.[/quote]

What is the point?!?!?....I was fortunate enough to have gone away to all 3 European games in Arnhem,Munich and Milan and I believe that travelling abroad to watch your team in europe is as good as it gets and I would love to be able to do it again. We had it for one season in our history ,so its not as if we can pick or choose when or how it may ever come again!

As for Birmingham, their situiation was a one-off as European football isnt really geared to Championship clubs as they play 8 more games in the league as you would in the Premieship many midweek games coinciding with european which result in a fixture back log.

Oh my God its HUGHTON!

It amazes me the amount of people that STILL dont know our manager''s name. The guy who sits behind me in the Barclay still calls him ''Houghton''...

No reason why we can''t qualify for Europe.

No reason why we can''t compete in Europe and the league, we probably wouldn''t finish as high, but still...

The only thing telling is we ''can''t is what has happened to other teams. But how many other teams achieved back to back promotions, followed by 12th place, followed by 8 place nearly half way through and a quarter final?

We have exceeded expectations every year. I believe in McNallys original 7 year plan we should be getting promoted from Champ this season? Well guess what, we did that two seasons ago.

I haven''t seen anyone saying we should/have too/need to qualify for Europe. But it''s something we can talk about because on current form we will be competing for top half places, and if top four teams win the cups then 7th place qualifies for Europa League. Plus everyone is so inconsistent at the moment, the longer we carry on the higher up we can finish.

Lets be clear there are 2 European competitions the champions league which has untold riches for Europes elite. Even the most optimistic cannot asee us hitting top 4 spots in the years to come albeit yes i know we did one. Then there is the Europa competition made up of masses of less knwn teams. I would love the novelty of this BUT there is no money in it at all and indeed with the travel and smaller crowds i understand many even lose on it unless they get to the latter stages. In recent years Fulham, stoke and Newcastle have had interesting journeys in this competion, the fans enjoyed it but it did damage their league form exposing smaller squads. I am not saying i wouldnt love to see European football like this again but it could only be when and if we had grown as a club so that our squad could cope with it either that or you play your reserves in which case what is the point it would be a foriegn version of the capital one cup

thank you yorkshire. some sense. we need to mature and grow as a team to get to europe. if we go in now we are losing fatigue over nothing because we have no chance of winning it. we are norwich not tottenham or another midlly big team. we must remain realistic

[quote user="Frodo"]if we travel to milan we will just be sat down and spanked. there is no point.[/quote]

You don''t have a clue do you...

Are Milan better than Man.U? No is the answer... You used a stupid example, had you said Barca, Madrid, Dortmund, even Juve maybe.

We beat Man.u, we beat Arsenal, and Spurs. We are 10 games unbeaten. Celtic, who play in a league that isn''t even Championship standard beat Barcelona and qualified for the knock out stages.

If you are going to troll, try and be a bit cleverer with it please. As everything you have said is extremely flawed.

im not trolling. im totally srs. celtic were fortunate becuse lennon put all the energy into champions league. we cant. its not a measure of whos better its a measure of which squad is fitter and better

Who exactly is saying we need Europe anyway?

You''re whole thread is flawed. I haven''t seen anyone saying we should, need to, have to, even want to qualify for Europe, just that it''s a very real possibility at the moment. If we lose to WBA with Chelsea and ManC afterwards we''ll fall a couple places in the table and all talk will stop for a while.

And ''the point'' would be a chance to show what we can do against top sides across Europe. I''d quite happily travel to Bulgaria to watch Norwich in a European game. It would be something very special.

If there is a chance of european qualification then Norwich should of course grasp it - you never know when you will get another chance.

Also, if Norwich are good enough to qualify for Europe via the League, then they are certainly good enough to have a European run (possibly brief) and not get relegated. The financial gains and gains in status are more than worth it.

Anyway, if you don''t want European football what is the point of being in the Premier League?

i heard people on this forum talk about europe. i registered on here because i think thats preprostorus. i actually hope that we drop a little bit down so people stop getting so excited and happy about something which wont append

Exactly Bethnal.

I am often amazed at how some teams seem to disregard European competitions, particularly Europa League, but they try to hard to finish as high up in the league?

What''s the point of trying in the league if you don''t want the reward. That''s what Europe is, a reward for doing well in the league. If we don''t want to do well, we might as well give up altogether.

Yes Frodo, TALK about Europe. Not demand qualification like your first sentence made out.

It can happen. And am feel ashamed for you, how on earth can you be so disrespectful to the club you are claiming to support? It''s just unreal.

So when your namesake got to the misty mountains did he decide to stop there for a few years and then give Mount Doom a shot?

Frodo is either a moron, a troll, or both.

I''m also doubting that he''s a fan, as surely no canary would be stupid enough to wish we dropped down the league.

Don''t fix what''s not broken?

Well you agree we are on European qualification form then? So you do want us to qualify for Europe, unless you want to fix us to lose some games?

I''ve not seen one person say we NEED to make Europe. Sure it would be nice, as much as it is unlikely. Circumstances need to be on our favour and I don''t think they will all go that way ( cup winners, runners up)

Nothing wrong with ambition.

More to the point Frodo I think you didnt mis-spell the Snakepit, you had to look up the actual nickname for that corner of the ground - and you are indeed BlueMike, Cameldung, the wally from Villa or whatever that Leeds fan was called from a few years ago that was giving it large about them winning League , or someone of that Ilk and I claim my £5

Do you honestly think the club would try and run a European campaign with a small squad?  History is littered with examples of those that tried and failed.  Some have gone down, some almost gone down, others have gone onto bigger and better things.  By your measurement, Spurs should have been spanked in the Champions League and got close to relegation a few years ago - if anything they went on to achieve more.  It may be a struggle but Im sure the club have already got plans for if we got close to / actually qualified for Europe.  Im sure that somewhere in McNallys cupboard are plans for breaking into the top 4.  There is no point in playing sport simply to make the numbers up.  We are there to push on

With a final dismissal I hereby call into action City1st and BW''s Cat by use of that time-honoured throwing down of the gauntlet.  You, Sire Frodo, are a BINNER  [:P]