Sign in to follow this  
Blurboy1980

Holt's Hamstring....

Someone behind me said he got a cut on Tuesday there and that was probably what was hurting at the end. I hadn''t heard about a cut before though.

He''s got a week to recover, did he go straight down the tunnel? If he didn''t then it was probably just a bit sore and nothing too serious, hopefully.

The dude on the stream said it was his Knee BB - it didn''t look like a hamstring when he stopped - he sort of slowed down and stopped rather than come to an abrupt stop.

Mind you this is Grant Holt, and I''ve heard that his hamstrings will be used to support the new Firth of Forth suspension bridge, and that if his hamstring did snap, the sonic boom would be so loud it would lay low all buildings within the outer ring road!

Holt had some treatment in the first 10 minutes against Villa, couldn''t have been too serious cause he played on and was fit for today.  Hopefully its something minor...

Seemed to come off as a precaution, and did look a little sluggish at times today.

Could have been cramp or anything. Hopefully the pinkun media guys will have asked the Hoo!

He went straight down the tunnel. Fingers crossed as I''ve seen him look worse and still appear for the next game... 

Blurboy - it''s ''Hughton''.

As for Holty - he did get a cut against Villa on Tuesday when Chris Herd dragged his studs down his leg - a nasty little challenge. Whether that''s got anything to do with today''s injury I don''t know.

This could be a blessing without realising... If Moro now gets a run of games and starts banging them in A) he will be high on confidence and get fans off his back, B) push holt for the starting spot.

Definitely looked like a hamstring from where I was stood, he didn''t seem to pull up to badly (unlike Barnett for example) so fingers crossed it''s weeks rather than months. Good opportunity for Moro to step up to the plate.

My opinion was that Holt pulled up just in time to not let it be a major injury.  However I think we can count him out for next week.  Hope he doesn''t do any dancing tonight at the players Xmas party.

Certainly looked like a ham string from where I was sitting. You could see his frustration as he took the arm band off.

Holt is our icon. He has been by far our most influential player for the last three seasons. Without him we have struggled.

Unless the board are prepared to invest in a quality, proven striker I can''t see anything except relegation. We''ll lose the next four, probably without scoring - it is critical that Holt''s replacement is in the team for Newcastle.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]Unless the board are prepared to invest in a quality, proven striker I can''t see anything except relegation...[/quote]We''re doomed I tell ye, doomed, DOOMED! [:''(] [:''(] [:''(]

[quote user="Miss Jane Marple"]Are you watching BBC2 perchance, my dear lappinitup?[/quote]Nooo! Just offering Highland Canary a sympathetic ear to ease his depression. It is almost Christmas after all. Goodwill to all men and all that. [:D]

[quote user="NWC"]The dude on the stream said it was his Knee BB - it didn''t look like a hamstring when he stopped - he sort of slowed down and stopped rather than come to an abrupt stop.

Mind you this is Grant Holt, and I''ve heard that his hamstrings will be used to support the new Firth of Forth suspension bridge, and that if his hamstring did snap, the sonic boom would be so loud it would lay low all buildings within the outer ring road![/quote]l m a o

Hughton has said Hamstring strain which if im not mistaken isn''t too bad compared to a tear - Diame''s 3 months out as an example.

Couple weeks I would hope for though would still miss Chelsea and Man City, a real shame as he does do it against those top teams normally.

I remember watching the beam back of that game in the Russell Allison Lounge, when Holty pulled up I thought that was our chances of automatic promotion gone. If you''d have told me we''d be a couple of points off the Champions League spots a little over a year and a half later I''d have laughed in your face. Funny old game.

I recall him having hamstring strains before too and he always came back quickly. Just hope it doesn''t ''go'' one day! If he has to rest up then I hope he takes the advice and does so. Fingers crossed he''s ok though. Moro can handle the lone role I''m sure. Everyone has to step up

I seem to remember that we were around 7th in 1994 but were relegated, a significant contributory factor being the loss of Gunn. With Ruddy out and, our talisman injured, the omens look ominous indeed.

Hope hes not hurt, we will miss his work rate :( Moro can not perform like that. Did make me laugh to see Hughton go postal at the Welsh lump for not chasing a ball after he had been on for about 1 minute.

[quote user="Militant Canary"]Quick question, Highland: Have you ever felt positive about anything ever?[/quote]....i''m sure he''s positive he is right. poor, deluded cretin.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]Certainly looked like a ham string from where I was sitting. You could see his frustration as he took the arm band off.

Holt is our icon. He has been by far our most influential player for the last three seasons. Without him we have struggled.

Unless the board are prepared to invest in a quality, proven striker I can''t see anything except relegation. We''ll lose the next four, probably without scoring - it is critical that Holt''s replacement is in the team for Newcastle.[/quote]Not sure if serious or just complete f*cking idiot...

[quote user="Highland Canary"]I seem to remember that we were around 7th in 1994 but were relegated, a significant contributory factor being the loss of Gunn. With Ruddy out and, our talisman injured, the omens look ominous indeed.[/quote]

@HC We only went down that year because four teams instead of the usual three got relegated at the end of that season.

[quote user="pyjamas"][quote user="Highland Canary"]I seem to remember that we were around 7th in 1994 but were relegated, a significant contributory factor being the loss of Gunn. With Ruddy out and, our talisman injured, the omens look ominous indeed.[/quote] @HC We only went down that year because four teams instead of the usual three got relegated at the end of that season.[/quote]

NO - we would have been relegated anyway