Sign in to follow this  
Gentleman Jim

Nigel says we got to be "ruthless".

I thought maybe he would have said, "alert" and "aware" as in defending,  "clinical" as in scoring  and "accurate" as in passing.  

So by elimination Nigel''s "ruthless" bit must aimed at the tackling side of the game .

Ruthless: dictionary definition
            adj : without mercy or pity; "an act of ruthless ferocity"; "a monster of remorseless cruelty"

Phew ! Does this mean we kick the opposition into submission and walk off with all the points ?

Or just yellow/red cards and more suspensions to deplete our ranks further ?    

Hmmmm.

I think it''s another case of Worthy using the wrong word. Who in the current side is "ruthless"? When was that last time we had a game where more than 1 player was booked because of heavy tackles? Worthy needs to find out the meaning of certain words before he makes a fool of himself. Like the other week situation.

Just another word to add to his list. 

We''ve heard it all before.  I seem to remember "clinical in front of goal" being suggested.  Lets hope this happens Monday night!

Come on you Yellows

[quote]I thought maybe he would have said, "alert" and "aware" as in defending, "clinical" as in scoring and "accurate" as in passing. So by elimination Nigel''s "ruthless" bit must aimed at the tackling...[/quote]

I think you''ll find Nigel was referring to my Hex''s Jim.

''Without pity'' yep, that sounds like them alright. 

[quote]I think you''ll find Nigel was referring to my Hex''s Jim. ''Without pity'' yep, that sounds like them alright.[/quote]

Ah yes of course Wiz ! 

For some strange reason I had completely overlooked that as a possible interpretation !

Not too sure how good Worthy is at this ''mindgames'' stuff.

Last time he was accusing the other team of being too ''rough'' now he''s asking our lot to get in there and mix it.

Cynics might wonder if he is not simply getting his excuses in first.

i remember Jonson using the word "adapting" befroe the man utd game.

Anyone remember his almost rugby like tackle on Scholes?     ....... and it wasnt a foul!!!