Sign in to follow this  
Canaries Utd

Score prediction Norwich v Chelsea?

I''d be surprised at the same result as last season, we have goals in us, and on recent evidence I suspect Chelsea do too!

I''m finding this game really hard to call, the amount of traveling Chelsea have done in a couple of weeks is phenomenal, surely fatigue will catch up with them at some point? But they must also have the most buoyant changing rooms in the Premiership.

''You have a Russian crook, we have a super cook''

Norwich 1:3 chelski

A draw would be a massive result tho.

Any points against the big boys are a bonus.

I''m hoping chelski start to feel the burn of long flights and constant games. OTBC.

well we  will have to keep a better back line than we did at the weekend where we were regularly out of shape and tettey and johnson will need to be on their game - however there is no reason why we cant get something out of this game - its as likely as us losing IMO.

It would be prudent to have the issue of goal difference in the back of our minds and set up accordingly. Having said that I think it could be 1-4.

Probably our toughest game to date but i think we can give them a battle. A hard fought draw.

I had forgotten just how many goals chelsea score against us - averaging  3 goals a game - the same as Citeh!

These games will test our defensive mettle - but I am confident we can get something from these.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

I had forgotten just how many goals chelsea score against us - averaging  3 goals a game - the same as Citeh!

These games will test our defensive mettle - but I am confident we can get something from these.

[/quote]

Yes, but 2 of those games were with Lambert in charge, and the last one was before CH had got the defence sorted out-I''m going for 1-1.

They won''t get eight but apart from last year''s 0-0 at Carrow Rd Chelsea usually get at least three against us home and awayIf we''re lucky we''ll get away with a two goal defeat but in the bigger picture, unless we get a morale-sapping tonking, who cares ? Games like this and the following Saturday against Man City are expected to go the way of the opposition.Come Saturday evening and it''s still 25 points but from 20 games I won''t be losing any sleep over it

[quote user="Mr Angry"][quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

[/quote]

Yes, but 2 of those games were with Lambert in charge, and the last one was before CH had got the defence sorted out-I''m going for 1-1.

[/quote]

Sadly these predate PL by a long way - these are over 6/7 fixtures!  That is a lot of goals against what are really bogey teams...

like you though I am hopeful of a draw! 

There has been a lot of 4-1''s if i remember right,over the years. I hope not this time.

wasnt that many years ago we used to P*ss on chelski with regularity.3-0 at carrow road, 3-2 at the bridge, 2-1 at the carrow...those really were the days.

[quote user="Herman "]There has been a lot of 4-1''s if i remember right,over the years. I hope not this time.[/quote]

Not even a 4-1 to us?

Steady on sir. I personally think we will surprise a few. Mostly our own by the looks of it.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]wasnt that many years ago we used to P*ss on chelski with regularity.

3-0 at carrow road, 3-2 at the bridge, 2-1 at the carrow...

those really were the days.
[/quote]

3-2 at Stamford Bridge was a great game, probably the most memorable one ever for me. 2-0 down at half time and Flecky went off kissing his Chelsea badge (it was his first game against us since leaving). Dave Beasant gave a pantomime performance in the second half and we went top of the league with the win. I went straight down to Soccer Scene in Carnaby Street after the match and bought my first football shirt.

Happy days!

Thank goodness Chelski didn''t get nine against Villa. Wouldn''t want the scum to have to share the record for the biggest defeat in the premiership.

2-3  .. I just can''t see us getting anything based on recent second half performances. Chelski will take the title IMO so no disgrace. [;)]

Sticking with my trusty Early November season''s scores predictions -

A Norwich v Chelsea ( 2 - 3 )

H Arsenal v West Ham ( 3 - 0 )

H Villa v Spurs ( 2 - 1 )

H Everton v Wigan ( 2 - 0 )

H Fulham v Soton ( 2 - 0 )

H Man U v Newcastle ( 2 - 0 )

H QPR v West Brom ( 2 - 0 )

H Reading v Swansea ( 1 - 0 )

H Stoke v Liverpool ( 1 - 0 )

H Sunderland v Man City ( 1 - 0 )

Couple of those sound crazy, but Ill stick with these... :-)

These are my Talksport predictions which are definitely somewhat of a contrast to yours, Surfer [:D]

Home Team Prediction Away Team  Banker InsuranceRESPTS
Everton Wigan   x326/12/12 (15:00)
Fulham Southampton   x326/12/12 (15:00)
Man Utd Newcastle   x226/12/12 (15:00)
Norwich Chelsea   x226/12/12 (15:00)
QPR WBA   x326/12/12 (15:00)
Reading Swansea City   x326/12/12 (15:00)
Sunderland Man City   x226/12/12 (15:00)
Aston Villa Tottenham   x326/12/12 (17:30)
Stoke City Liverpool   x326/12/12 (19:45)