Sign in to follow this  
Nexus_Canary

Moro - Can we now all agree ?

Stupid first post, I don''t agree with you, Morison has not been given a chance this season, he needs a run in the team first, he has shown what he can do last season. He is clearly lacking confidence. Just because he has not played for a long time people are saying get rid, you all obviously cannot see a good player when we have one.

I think some of the criticism being levelled at Morison on here is really unfair. It is very difficult to play virtually no part for around 3 months and then to return to the starting line up firing on all cylinders. You only have to look at how long it takes Holty to find his range after no playing for a while to see that.

I will be the first to admit that Morison has had a very disappointing 2012. Particularly given the high standards he set himself at the start of last season. However as things stand he is a very valuable member of the squad. We have settled into this 4-2-3-1 system and it works well for us. He is the only viable alternative we have if Holty gets tired, injured or loses some form.

Some of the messages on here of the ilk of ''If Villa want him I''ll drive him there myself'' show a lack of class IMO.

No one is saying Morison is as effective as Holt, particularly with Morro having not played much this season. However, you could see how disappointed he was after WBA on Saturday and I don''t doubt his commitment to the Club and to wanting to do well, and he also made a really vital contribution last season with a double-figure goal haul which is not to be sniffed at for anyone in this division.

When I see someone like Jose Bosingwa at QPR, refusing to even sit on the bench, I am thankful that we have a bunch of committed lads at our Club, and I count Morro among them. Let''s please try to remember that.

I hope Holty returns today and I don''t doubt that we need to look to strengthen this area of the squad, certainly next summer if not January.

But don''t expect me to slate Morison. I get behind all the players.

OTBC

[quote user="Beefy is a legend"]Some of the messages on here of the ilk of ''If Villa want him I''ll drive him there myself'' show a lack of class IMO. No one is saying Morison is as effective as Holt, particularly with Morro having not played much this season. However, you could see how disappointed he was after WBA on Saturday and I don''t doubt his commitment to the Club and to wanting to do well, and he also made a really vital contribution last season with a double-figure goal haul which is not to be sniffed at for anyone in this division. When I see someone like Jose Bosingwa at QPR, refusing to even sit on the bench, I am thankful that we have a bunch of committed lads at our Club, and I count Morro among them. Let''s please try to remember that. I hope Holty returns today and I don''t doubt that we need to look to strengthen this area of the squad, certainly next summer if not January. But don''t expect me to slate Morison. I get behind all the players. OTBC[/quote]

That''s why you''re called "Beefy" then. [:D]