Sign in to follow this  
Nexus_Canary

Moro - Can we now all agree ?

sadly the fastest he ran all game was to retun the ball to Foster for a free kick in the 92nd minute....

we need to spend on some firepower and move Simmo and Moro on im afraid...

Think thats a bit harsh on Simeon jas. A much better footballer, quicker and more dangerous. I feel he has something to offer the squad but Moro? Oh dear!

[quote user="Thirsty Lizard"]You''re watching with your eyes closed as usual Nexus.

Your post is the most predictable in history. Yawn, yawn.[/quote]I guess I missed the step overs, Cruyff Turns, blistering pace and work ethic which led up to his Hattrick today then ?

Things didn''t go his way today but I think Houghton cost us that game as he wasn''t prepared to make attacking changes when they were needed. It was clear from 65 minutes onwards that we were out of the game as an attacking force. He was happy to take a point but we were never going to keep it 1-1.

Moro was shocking, quite simply put. All of those balls that were fed through to him that he just didn''t bother with...

Quite a shocking second half actually, really really dissapointed.

Just not good enough. Not even championship class. Can''t remember him winning a ball in the air from our goalkicks etc.

Other glaring weaknesses today. Pilkington virtually non-existent in second half and Bunn must come of his line. Possibly should have taken one of the crosses where goals resulted.

I''ll be glad if Morison moves on just so we dont have to keep having these "i hate Steve Morison" posts. Unfortunately we all know how this forum works and someone else with have to step in to be whipping boy for the experts.

The thing is Nexus that unless he does step overs, Cruyff turns, blistering pace and work ethic you''re going to hammer him.

He wasn''t brilliant today, but he wasn''t terrible either. He did some good things and some bad things.

But you''re watching with your eyes closed.

The moment I heard Lukaku was playing I basically knew we were going to lose. Nothing to do with Morison. Go figure.

No. Poor team performance, he didn''t play well but neither did the team, that''s not his fault.

Being kind, I don''t think he is suited to the way we play under Hughton. Jackson the same.We are lucky that Holt stayed fit as long as he did.

That must be Moro''s final chance

He contributed nothing today, didnt pressure their defence, couldnt be arsed challanging for any headers, the half chance he had he never looked like scoring

So dissapointing to see someone plsy with such little passion, every time he gave a free kick away he was laughing

Also, should never have brought Wes off and Jackson coning on was far too late

[quote user="Thirsty Lizard"]The thing is Nexus that unless he does step overs, Cruyff turns, blistering pace and work ethic you''re going to hammer him.

He wasn''t brilliant today, but he wasn''t terrible either. He did some good things and some bad things.

But you''re watching with your eyes closed.

The moment I heard Lukaku was playing I basically knew we were going to lose. Nothing to do with Morison. Go figure.[/quote]Ok then, What does Steve Morison offer us ?What are his strengths ?What in your opinion has he done for us ? And Im not going to even bother giving you the time of day if you refer to his start last year ( over 12 months ago ) or "that Goal" vs Arsenal.

Priceless stuff Nexus. You ask me a question and then try and dictate what i can and can''t say in my answer.

I presume your next question will be "when you did stop beating your wife?"

Morison offers nothing

No passion, no workrate, doesnt seem to link up well, too slow to make any sort of impact once he gets in behind

I can handle him been not good enough, but cant accept his lazy approach and lack of workrate

Good point , well made.He''s probably only worth a soggy packet of Quavers now after today :( We should have sold him last month for that half eaten Curley Wurley ! :(

Suggest you have a read of this website, Nexus Canary.

http://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/

I agree with the need for a striker come January, but the way you argue is flawed in every clichéd way possible.

[quote user="Thirsty Lizard"]Priceless stuff Nexus. You ask me a question and then try and dictate what i can and can''t say in my answer.

I presume your next question will be "when you did stop beating your wife?"[/quote]when you did stop beating your wife?

He looked tired tbh in the 2nd half. Chasing around doesn''t really suit him compared to Holt. He''ll never be as good as him and that''s obvious, but it wasn''t his fault that we lost today. Both goals were massively soft. Bunn should have caught that shot or got a full connection on it over the bar (or even 2 hands) and Garrido''s jump was a real fairy attempt..proper garbage lol. Apart from that we looked solid as always and Snoddy looked really bright down that wing and put in a real shift. We definitely miss Holt and Ruddy, but everyone knows we can''t replace them with equal quality. Bunn has been good so far and as I say, I think Moro was tired today (hasn''t had a run), but it''s obvious we could do with a better choice off the bench to replace Holt.

So if Morison goes on a fine run of form and nets a few goals, will you change your tune on him CDMullins?

You know, much like you did with Wes "not good enough for the Championship" Hoolahan? Personally I don''t think any of our other strikers are good enough at this level (jury out on Kane), but fairly pathetic how some people always need a squad whipping boy.

[quote user="Alan_Grey"]Suggest you have a read of this website, Nexus Canary.

I agree with the need for a striker come January, but the way you argue is flawed in every clichéd way possible.[/quote]Does my anvil of truth hurt ?

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="Alan_Grey"]Suggest you have a read of this website, Nexus Canary.

I agree with the need for a striker come January, but the way you argue is flawed in every clichéd way possible.[/quote]Does my anvil of truth hurt ?[/quote]

OK you have to be doing this on purpose, nobody in real life is so stupid.