Sign in to follow this  
Peter

Stop Press Ipswich to get a University

Suffolk have received £15m funding for new university in Ipswich, 7,500 students.

Could they recruit all these from BinnerLand, difficult to think why anyone would choose to go to Uni in Ipswich, at least UEA in 80''s offered top flight footie and still boasts a vibrant City, but Ipswich what, help me out here !

Yeah, but to be fair, any crappy old town can get a Uni these days, esp since all the Polys changed their ststus to Universities.With all due respect, even Milton Keynes has a bleedin'' University. I''d hardly say "The University of Ipswich" an imposing academinic feel...I mean you can''t even say it without smiling. Besides which, its a contradiction. And oxymoronic.Still, envy is a strong motivator.Cheers,pieman

[quote]Yeah, but to be fair, any crappy old town can get a Uni these days, esp since all the Polys changed their ststus to Universities.With all due respect, even Milton Keynes has a bleedin'' University. I''d...[/quote]

If Lowestoft College ever becomes the University of Lowestoft, I''ll dress like a Lowestoft College attending chav for a month.

Dammit! I just remembered my cousin went there...

People are flocking from all over the world to do their degree in binology. And is it true that Sheepshagger will hold the chair of business management?

I shall look forward to the prospectus

Geography Studies

Learn how Ipswich is actually part of Greater London and it''s fans are in fact all born in the eastend

History

The only club to have won the European Cup, Miss World, It''s a Knockout and the boat Race six years running in the 70''s, to have provided five of the country''s last Prime Ministers and to have been the late Queen Mum''s second favourite club -  nb course ran as fortnightly six hour lectures by a chap in specs wearing an anarak and a blue and white bobble hat

Languages

Learn Binmanese - that strange hybdrid of broad suffolk, mock cockney and fluent stupidity

Suffolk Cultural studies

Research the numerous cultural landmarks of Ipswich - The signed picture of Keith Deller in the Donkey and Jellied Pub and errr........... that''s it

All they need now is an airport, a cathedral, a castle and perhaps one of the regional TV stations to relocate there. A few fans that make a bit of noise wouldn''t go amiss either.

Perhaps the new Buni (Binners uni) could help out there as well.

[quote]They''ll never be a CITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They''ll never be a CITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]

and they dont seserve to be, if i had my way, they would be a village of farmers............ oh wait a minute, they already are

[quote]I shall look forward to the prospectus Geography Studies Learn how Ipswich is actually part of Greater London and it''s fans are in fact all born in the eastend History The only club to have won...[/quote]

There is also:

Media Studies

A course in how to deal with the footballing media. Suited to all Joe Royle wannabes.

Sports Science

Learn how to play football
(Actually we don''t want this at all!)

We should not forget that our Suffolk cousins are not lacking in self-confidence. When the UEA started to validate degrees from Suffolk College, they promptly called it a University College and were made to withdraw it. This is the only example I know of such a thing happening. On failing to become a city on a recent occasion, someone in authority said he was disappointed and suprised! Ipswich doesn''t do modesty.
I hate to think what would happen if they should change places with us Look East would be quite unbearable.

Not so much unbearable as un-listenable as I''m sure they would round up some local simpleton (they''re others ?) to read out the news in a Jamie Oliver type accent.

Any shots of farms or the countryside would be banned (they don''t exist in suffolk apparently) and most of the sports section would be taken up with endless dronning on about their ''glorious history''

Headlines would always be about some projected development for suffolk (that never would happen).

" Ipswich to get airport "

" Tower Bridge to be moved to the Orwell

" His Lordship claims club will be solvent by easter "

About Binglia anyone ?