Sign in to follow this  
Fiery Zac

Cudicini

I really hate it when people start threads that''s a rumour from someone down the pub or ''my contact at the club''......but this is exactly that (and I haven''t started one before - so be nice).

Have heard we''re in for Cudicini on a 3 month loan deal. (apologies if mentioned elsewhere)

Would make sense, Hughton unlike Lambert doesn''t ant to rely on inexperienced (and looking more and more likely likes he''s never going to get any unless we sell him) Rudd, and if Ruddy isn''t going to be back until end of March a loan GK would make sense, Cudicini is 4th choice at Surs, although I''d expect Gomez (if he''s actually still there?) to try and force a move for himself, as he won''t even be second choice for a couple years. Carlo hasn''t had much game time at Spurs and could be a bit rusty, can''t really remember how he''s done in his most recent appearances, And nowadays may be no better than Rudd, but Hughton knows best.

interesting - that would suggest there is not much confidence in Bunn to be honest.    If thats what Hughton thinks then Cudicini is a good option.

Not sure we can sign for a 3 month loan in the prem - i have a notion that it can only be until the end of the season - but with Ruddys injury taking longer to heal than expected (perhaps suggesting it may be longer than end of March / beginning of April)  it would probably be a sensible move.

We only have one loan player (Kane - Garrido from Italy counts as a 1 season short term contract so not counted as a loan) so we can bring one more in - my preference would have been a striker though - or return Kane to sender if a better option comes up.   With Kane not making the bench behind Jackson I am not sure we can rate him too highly

I think he would be a fantastic signing, however, I am under the impression he''s probably on pretty hefty wages

Again, no thanks.

Cudicini has been nothing more than a back up keeper since 2006. He has played 20 matches for Tottenham since 2009 and has not been able to displace any one of the three keepers in front of him.

He is not better than John Ruddy and would probably cost a fortune in wages which would not be worthwhile paying for a backup.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]interesting - that would suggest there is not much confidence in Bunn to be honest.    If thats what Hughton thinks then Cudicini is a good option.[/quote]Why would hughton have signed Bunn if he didn''t have condidence in him Zippo?

it depends why CH is concsidering bringing him in - if its cover for Declan then it seems ultra cautious but still understandable (if expensive) if its to play each game then that would suggest he is not happy with Bunns form and is looking for cover.   Just a hypothesis - nothing else.

Personally I would stick with Bunn & Rudd as I think they are more than capable enough

My hairdresser told me after the Chelsea game, that he heard that Ruddy was Arsenal bound for a fee of around£10 Million.

not sure I can see Ruddy leaving while still injured?    maybe during the summer?

Of course he needs to be fit again. But nevertheless a tremendous opportunity for him.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

interesting - that would suggest there is not much confidence in Bunn to be honest.    If thats what Hughton thinks then Cudicini is a good option.

Not sure we can sign for a 3 month loan in the prem - i have a notion that it can only be until the end of the season - but with Ruddys injury taking longer to heal than expected (perhaps suggesting it may be longer than end of March / beginning of April)  it would probably be a sensible move.

We only have one loan player (Kane - Garrido from Italy counts as a 1 season short term contract so not counted as a loan) so we can bring one more in - my preference would have been a striker though - or return Kane to sender if a better option comes up.   With Kane not making the bench behind Jackson I am not sure we can rate him too highly

[/quote]Kane has just come back from injury, and was on bench last game or gsame before so we can