Sign in to follow this  
ZLF

match thread

Makes you wonder what the result would have been with Holt fit? Lacking up front (nothing new there). Good overall performance but we looked like boys against men for most parts. Ah well at least we weren''t humiliated - much better than 1-6!

There are a few things to be disappointed about, but overall I think the lads done well. Their heads didn''t drop when we went 2 nil down and we never stopped fighting.Even though we lost, well done NCFC.

fact is we kwpt fighting to the end which is a sign of a good team and something that some suggested was only because of Lambert

Game against westham will be important but if we win that can see a good second half to the season as well

[quote user="Carra Rud"]Makes you wonder what the result would have been with Holt fit? Lacking up front (nothing new there). Good overall performance but we looked like boys against men for most parts. Ah well at least we weren''t humiliated - much better than 1-6![/quote]Or even if Moro had stayed on - I  though he was having a decent game till he was injured.

[quote user="R.W. Renskay"]Still very promising signs for the next few games coming up [/quote]

yes and no - it was against 10 men and that was a poorly as we have defended in a long time.

however the fighting spirit is good and we now have a run of games where we can and will get points.

starting tuesday we need to get back to defending as we have been, and improve passing and attacking...

Some of the comments I''m seeing on Twitter and facebook are disgusting.

Half way through the season were 11th and have 25 points. 8 from the bottom three and I don''t see them winning three with us losing three any time soon.

We played well with good spirit against two teams in the top three, only a few days apart from eachother. And we only lost by one goal in both!

Ambition is great but it''s not worth losing touch with reality for.

I just love all these dumb comments like "Ruddy would have saved that" or we''d have been ok if Holt was playing. For goodness sake, you can''t go though life looking at things in that way. You have to accept how things are & deal with it.

[quote user="technika"][quote user="Canary Wundaboy"]We''ve run out of strikers?Only Jackson is left on the bench, and he''s not Premiership quality I''m afraid.[/quote]i agree hes not premiership but id prefer to see city go 442 with him and kane when losing 3-1 against ten men than play negative 5hite like this in the hope of nicking something

hughtons choices are highly questionable

if villa sack lambert tonight id have him back in a heartbeat[/quote]You could turn out to be right about the sack for Lambert sooner rather than later. Do you still want him back? I suspect you''re in a smallish minority there.

I suppose if a certain Zambian was sitting in the crowd this evening for that game he would have been quite impressed with what he saw

...At times anyway

[quote user="Nuff Said"][quote user="technika"][quote user="Canary Wundaboy"]We''ve run out of strikers?Only Jackson is left on the bench, and he''s not Premiership quality I''m afraid.[/quote]i agree hes not premiership but id prefer to see city go 442 with him and kane when losing 3-1 against ten men than play negative 5hite like this in the hope of nicking something

hughtons choices are highly questionable

if villa sack lambert tonight id have him back in a heartbeat[/quote]You could turn out to be right about the sack for Lambert sooner rather than later. Do you still want him back? I suspect you''re in a smallish minority there.[/quote]

yep. i think he would be doing just as good a job, maybe better (who can really say). whats done is done and his time is over but i find a lot of hughtons choices bizarre during a lot (not all) games and its very rare we see him throw caution to the wind and really give it a go which is frustrating.today being a good example. should have switched to 442 against 10 men who we got nothing from in the end anyway, i think it was there for the takingi am also massively confused as to why in every game they come out in the second looking scared and end up playing 20 minutes with their backs against the wall, and generally looking like a different and much worse team (see the last 6 matches), wtf is going on in that dressing room ?

im really hoping for a marquee signing in january, maybe even 2 or 3 that allow him to apply his ideas how he really wants to

[quote user="R.W. Renskay"]I suppose if a certain Zambian was sitting in the crowd this evening for that game he would have been quite impressed with what he saw

...At times anyway[/quote]

Earnshaw on his way back?:P

[quote user="paul moy"]I''d have Lambert back too. I just prefer gung-ho football....[/quote]Whereas I prefer not being relegated....Each to their own.

watching lamberts team was much more entertaining, and the position at the end of the season is likely to be about the same (i think everyone would be happy with that)

it doesnt matter as whats done is done, but it still all feels a bit square pegs/round holes at the minute, ill bet the squad looks a hell of a lot different at the start of next season

[quote user="Nuff Said"][quote user="paul moy"]I''d have Lambert back too. I just prefer gung-ho football....[/quote]

Whereas I prefer not being relegated....

Each to their own.
[/quote]

So under Hughton we''ll never get relegated and under Lambert we will be relegated. I don''t believe that for a moment.

weve sacrificed a leaky defence and more goals for less goals and a more solid defence

the more solid defence is still conceding goals and losing games though and watching some of the games is painful (reading away was probably THE worst premier league game ive ever seen)

i think city will still end up between 11th and 15th, theres enough about them to stay up again, but i also think it would have been the same with lambert and it would have been a hell of a lot better to watch

and he took risks, made changes, and knew that subs need more than 7 minutes to make a difference

january will be interesting, need some quality up front and a couple others to bulk the squad out, apart from howson the bench is hardly confidence inspiring at the minute

[quote user="Herman "]He''s sure doing a bang up job at Villa.[/quote]

they will come good eventually, wether he will be allowed the time to do it is another matter. Very different situation to Norwich though, it was 100% his team, villa is a w.i.p with kids and a bunch of over paid old gits that dont really want to play for him

hes a great manager, even if you dont like him

[quote user="paul moy"]

[quote user="Nuff Said"][quote user="paul moy"]I''d have Lambert back too. I just prefer gung-ho football....[/quote]Whereas I prefer not being relegated....Each to their own.[/quote]

So under Hughton we''ll never get relegated and under Lambert we will be relegated. I don''t believe that for a moment.

[/quote]I''m not claiming to be able to predict the future both here and in the parallel universe where Lambert didn''t leave, but, looking at our performance in the last quarter of last season and Villa this, I think we''re better off with Hughton. Added to this is the fact that I think we''re in less danger of Hughton destablising the club by having a hissy fit and walking out.

Of course i liked him. I had three of the best seasons ever watching City under him. But we are Hughtons team now and it''s about time some of you accept that fact.

Well if you want to watch a Lambert team, the address is: Villa Park, Trinity Road, Birmingham, West Midlands B6 6HE and the cretinous morons who haven''t given Hughton a chance since he''s been here are more than welcome to bugger off there.

And just to whet your appetite, here are some views from the Villa fans on Lambert:

"Lambert is the worst tactician I have ever seen. You are right, this is worse, a lot worse. Chanting his name is embarrasing, his transfer policy, his selections, his man mangement and his tactics are pathetic. He is even starting to come across like a copmplete tit in his press conferences now. No wonder he cant get a perfomance from the team, he has got to be one of the most depressing and uninspiring people I have ever heard speak. He is way out of his depth and he knows it"

"Really? None whatsoever? One could argue that he hasn''t been able to change the team or tactics much due to injuries, but one could also argue that he had an entire summer to bring in some new faces and decided to buy a load of youngsters who have never played at the top level in any country, let alone the Premier League. What was he thinking when he bought so many youngsters? We could all see we needed more mature and experienced players thrown into the mix. I''m not saying being a football manager is easy, far from it, but having a mixed squad of youth, experience and quality is just common sense. I really think this could have been avoided, poor form Lambert."

"I think relegation is looing more and more likely as the weeks go by, and our crap players and crap manager can''t really do anything about it. Like one extremely long, drawn out car crash with a muppet at the wheel."

"I''m just back from VP and hand on heart that is sadly the worst Villa side I have seen in 25 years. There is no hiding from it."

"I''m sorry, but were there no other players in world football who PL could have bought instead of a bunch of lower league players!? Surely there was some experience who could have helped to steady the ship this season. Lambert''s transfer policy and his shite formations are costing us."

"It''s all on Lambert. He should have bought an extra CB in summer. His other buys should have been better. He shouldn''t have stuck with a broken formation that already caused us to concede 12 in two games. He should give at least some minor impression that he knows what he''s doing. Bottom line, he should have these players playing better. He''s not good enough."

Plenty more where those came from...