Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Would you take 17th at the end of the season?

Nope.

We are better Han QPR, Reading, Suthampton, Wigan, Villa, and quite probably the likes of Fulham, Snderland who are very inconsistent and then similar to Newcastle, Swansea, West Ham, just below Stoke and WBA (Liverpool as well i suppose) in terms of overal ability/tactics and results.

[quote user="ricardo"]I''d take it now. Survival is the only target this season with so much loot at stake.[/quote]This.Added to which, people seem to have *very* short memories. With all the turmoil over the summer with Lambert AND Holt, then the dreadful start to the season and given the need to repay significant loans this season, 17th is a great achievement.

Hanging on by our fingertips??

8 points off bottom 3, 8 points off top 6. We''re doing ok and i would be disappointed, but not totally unhappy,if we finish 17th.

Definately yes and I said so before todays game but I think theres more chance of us finishing higher though we can''t get complacent!

I''d take 17th but still think we are capable of 7th. We''ve underperformed in the last three games IMO but we are good enough to be above all bar the top six from what I''ve seen.  

people need to realise 17th will always be the aim for norwich, might have the odd mid table finish but we just aint got the money other teams have. we spend what we earn nothing else

[quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="ImDrunky"]I would be ok with finishing 17th if it means staying up. [/quote]Unless they''ve changed the rules, it does[/quote]Not sure you understood that saying.Basically I''ll be happy finishing 17th.

I''m still looking at overhauling last season''s points total and position. Obviously I''d be happy with survival as a minimum, but I''m hoping for much more this season after seeing how Hughton has developed this team and seeing our new style of play. I just hope we get another striker in asap with the current injuries we have

[quote user="MAJESTIC"]people need to realise 17th will always be the aim for norwich, might have the odd mid table finish but we just aint got the money other teams have. we spend what we earn nothing else[/quote]Not necessarily. Just look at Everton, they never spend a lot and do quite well. I think in time, we could be finishing in the top half.I don''t think any team need to spend millions on players, buy smart and you can still do well.

Not sure why this is even a question? Of course 17th would be acceptable. To finish there we will have collapsed to am unimaginable, if not unprecedented, degree so 17th will be a relief.

Despite 3 consecutive defeats we should still target 40points, probably by end Feb, and hopefully onto 50 and beyond. That is what we should aim for and is reasonable to deliver

If the question is, if we were offered 17th now, would we take it - my answer is an unequivocal yes. The riches that await all those clubs in the PL next year are such that survival is essential. That achieved...well then we can really push on.

Of course this is all nonsensical - its one game at a time and battle to the end.