Sign in to follow this  
unique

Three games....three defeats....

...but the team have given a good account of themselves, and it is a relief to have got these awkward looking fixtures out of the way. Not much ground lost on the teams below, so it''s looking pretty good for 2013.

At least today has underlined to the Board the need to splash out on a quality striker.

Howson, for the little time he was on the pitch, showed just what he can produce.

Hughton was a little braver with his substitutions, and Villa''s recent results are suggesting his appointment could have been the best thing for Norwich in the long run.

Just wish we''d gone harder at City down the flanks in the final twenty minutes....but at least Nolan is suspended for Tuesday''s game......

Just played Chelsea and Man City who have world class players and we''ve given them a game of it. Bit unlucky not to get anything from them too. Losing 3 - 4 is a better than the 1 - 6 last season.

I think after the run came to an end at West Brom, the most important game was always going to be West Ham on Tuesday.

A run like that can sometimes just carry you on and even a team of poor players can have the confidence to pick up points. It''s how you respond when the run comes to an end that counts.

The Chelsea and Man City games came at a bad time, but I don''t think anyone would have been overly surprised or upset to come away with nothing from those games. The fact we have made a good account of ourselves in both fixtures is a bonus but perhaps doesn''t mean a lot.

What is important now is that we get back to picking up points in January - which isn''t an easy month by any means.

In my opinion, if we take 4 or more points from West Ham and Newcastle we''re staying up easily. Take 2 or 3 and it''s still too early to tell. Lose both or only get 1 point, and I''ll be a bit worried that we''ve lost confidence and might struggle a bit for the rest of the season.

Three games, three defeats- all by a single goal and we could have gotten something from all of them (whether we deserved to or not is a matter of argument).

3 games, 3 losses, but we still sit safely and comfortably in 11th.

What today has done has underlined certain deficiencies that can be addressed in the coming transfer window. The good thing is that, due to the battling display against Man City, we still come in to the West Ham game with momentum, a positive attitude and, perhaps, a point to prove(?).

One thing that can/should be sorted out is the silly errors in defense. Get back to basics, guys!

I''m definately in the "3 defeats in 13" rather than the "3 defeats in 3" mindset. Chelsea and Man City were always going to be tough matches, when you look at the fact that we played those 2 and Arsenal and Man Utd during the past 13 games I reckon we''re in a great position. What today has highlighted is that we still have an 8 point gap, and that we need a quality striker in January. West Ham will be the deciding factor as to whether we''re on a ''slide'' or not.At least we''re not Villa.

Plenty of reasons to be positive, then...

I wonder how Villa fans are reacting to three consecutive defeats?

Seems impossible to be ''happy'' after three defeats, but today we did not deserve to lose at all, Chelsea Werner even half as good as they were against Villa beauty of the way we played and we weren''t useless at WBA. All top teams (this season anyway in WBA case).

I agree that we''ve come through the last three games in pretty good shape. Something at West Brom would''ve been nice but against two teams stuffed with class players we''ve lost to both by the narrowest of margins when both Chelsea and Man City have to be regarded as probable '' no pointers ''.Things are certainly still looking bright and there''s absolutely no need to panic.

[quote user="city-till-i-die"]Ill rephrase it......13 games 3 defeats !!!

Any supporter would of bit their right arm off for that with man utd and arsenal in that lot !!![/quote]Excellent. Of course.Had we Arsenal away, Chelsea home, Man U away, Man C home, Spurs away we could well have seen 5 consec. losses but it shouldn''t detract that we are probably better off this season than last. Hughton''s doing a great job IMO and Lambert is getting in a terrible tizz... and to think Villa paid us to take him !! :-)

After four defeats in five games, right now it seems like we have a very long way to go. The next win can''t come soon enough.We need serious reinforcement in January to provide competition for places. Hopefully more like Bassong and Tettey, not Butterfield and Kane. Hughton always talks about the ''quality'' of opposition players. I''d like to see the club provide him with some of our own.

Lambert is the worst tactician I have ever seen. You are right, this is worse, a lot worse. Chanting his name is embarrasing, his transfer policy, his selections, his man mangement and his tactics are pathetic. He is even starting to come across like a copmplete tit in his press conferences now. No wonder he cant get a perfomance from the team, he has got to be one of the most depressing and uninspiring people I have ever heard speak. He is way out of his depth and he knows it

Villa fans not taking their current predicament very well.

[quote user="city-till-i-die"]Ill rephrase it......13 games 3 defeats !!! Any supporter would of bit their right arm off for that with man utd and arsenal in that lot !!![/quote]

quite right. what the heading should of been is "how on earth did we not get anythig from those last three games?!!"

we''ve been so unlucky. we were the worth something in every game and we got nothing. i feel gutted.

I''d hope from one point from these four games. If we can get that point at West Ham we''re still on track for survival. For me the Newcastle game is much more important - lose that and we''re firmly in the mire.

haved to disagree that we deserved something from each game, for me, we only deserved something today as we were poor at WBA and never made Cech make a save against Chelsea!

I wasn''t expecting anything different against Chelsea and Man C but I expect a point at West Ham.

Despite understandably struggling to cope with the might of Chelsea and Man City, both only beat us by one goal and were mighty relieved to see the end of the game!

Good point the 3 defeats in 13 factor, something I''d never thought about. We''d of all took that before the Arsenal game!

Our entire squad has cost less than a single player like Torres or Aguero from Chelski or Citeh. We certainly deserved something from at least 1 of the games, but we''re still 11th and only lost by 1 goal in each. I have hope for us against the likes of West Ham etc in the League

[quote user="York Canary"]Our entire squad has cost less than a single player like Torres or Aguero from Chelski or Citeh. We certainly deserved something from at least 1 of the games, but we''re still 11th and only lost by 1 goal in each. I have hope for us against the likes of West Ham etc in the League[/quote]Agreed.

Thing is that in this league ''bad'' runs are easily come by, without form really dropping at all - individually, losing away at WBA and home to Chelsea and Man City aren''t especially bad results, we just happened to have the three games on the spin; today in particular we showed huge character and ability and could,well have taken a point. If we take the same attitude to the next games we should see some sort of return.

The negative is we have lost 3 consecutive games but all 3 were tough fixtures, we have played with character and only lost each by the one goal. we have struggled to create but Jan comes at the right time and we won''t come up against the quality of Chelseas midfield or aguero each week!!

Play like that for the rest of the season and we will be fine.

Three consecutive lost games, but all against teams high in the table and by one goal on each occasion. I feel that it might have been much better, even, if Ruddy had been playing.

Not too much harm has been done so long as we start picking up points again, starting at Upton Park.