Sign in to follow this  
ricardo

Ricardo's report v Man City

From the moment I awoke this morning with Snowy the cat laying on my chest I knew it was going to be a funny old day down at fortress CR. The little fellar knows his football and so it proved as a Holtless City found themselves a goal behind after only 80 seconds. Kompany had got away with a handball outside the Man City area and biff bam bosh a couple or three passes later there was Dzeko stroking the ball past a Bunn for the opening goal.As I have remarked before plan A goes out of the window when you concede early but before plan B could be put into operation things got even worse. I thought Bradley Johnson was fouled in the centre circle but ref Jones played on and we were treated to another biff bam bosh as Dzeko slotted in number two from Aguero''s pull back.Visions of a "Villa" type rout flashed across Ricardo''s mind as Man City seemed to pass through the shell shocked Canaries at will until Wes eventually asserted a measure of control and  City started to probe forward. On the quarter hour Snoddy was felled by Kompany 25 yards out and we were all expecting a Snoddy curler but when he dummied the ball it was Pilks who hit a low shot that deflected off the wall and into the net past a bemused Joe Hart. Back in with a chance we all thought but Man City continued to show why they are Champions and stroked the ball about with a nonchalant ease that you could not help but admire. Silva and Aguero were a class apart and City pretty much lived on scraps as they struggled to get back on terms.There was a momentum changer on 40 minutes as Bassong hooked the ball away from Nasri but slipped on the wet turf and went through the little Frenchmen. A foul yes, but not deliberate or malicious and certainly didn''t warrant the attempted headbutt. It was a yellow for Bassong but a red for Nasri and suddenly we were watching a different game. Meanwhile Moro had limped off with an injury and we had our second glimpse of Harry Kane before the half ended.Events had conspired to give City a chance as long as the didn''t chuckit away but that exactly what they did. A through ball hit Bassongs arm and fell kindly for Aguero but the finish was exquisite as he dinked the  ball over a helpless Mark Bunn. Again to their credit City fought back and with Johno strong in the middle and Wes linking up well you got the feeling that there was still a chance. Howson came on for Tetty and immediately won a corner when his stinging effort was turned behind by a diving Joe Hart. Snoddy''s long cross was headed back by Bassong and up popped Russell Martin to nod the ball home. Carrow Road was a cauldron now in complete contrast to Boxing Day and the Canaries probed for an equaliser. A few minutes later it was all change again as the City defence stopped, waiting for an offside flag that never came and Dzeko struck a low shot that came back off the near post and was deflected in off Bunn. It looked offside to me but it''s hard to tell from behind the goal, anyway it was back to square one yet again.Wes went off to prolonged applause and on came Jacko. City won another corner and after a bit of ping pong Martin whacked in his second of the day. It was all hands to the pump now as Man City pulled just about every time wasting trick in the book. You still had the feeling that here just might be another goal but despite the effort  and 5 minutes added time it just wouldn''t come.A great game indeed and slightly unlucky to get a point is Ricardo''s verdict. MOM for me Johno closely followed by Wes. All were hero''s and special praise for Johhny Howson and Harry Kane who both performed well in their cameo''s. Thankfully, that''s two of the hardest remaining games gone and plenty of points still in prospect in the new year.Happy New Year to one and all from Ricardo and Snowy the cat.[;)]

Excellent as ever Ricardo and Snowy.Sadly (not that it makes any difference) their fourth wasn''t offside, they replayed it on the str**m I was watching.Any thoughts on Moro? I thought he did a decent job while he was on, although he seemed to drift out to the right an awful lot, which doesn''t leave a lot of options when there''s only one up front.

[quote user="Nuff Said"]Excellent as ever Ricardo and Snowy.Sadly (not that it makes any difference) their fourth wasn''t offside, they replayed it on the str**m I was watching.Any thoughts on Moro? I thought he did a decent job while he was on, although he seemed to drift out to the right an awful lot, which doesn''t leave a lot of options when there''s only one up front.[/quote]There was another offside not given, later on and Pilks was booked. Did you see a replay of that?I thought Moro was doing OK before he limped off. Impressed with Kane though, he acquitted himself well and I reckon will start if Moro and Holty are sidelined.

Thanks for the report Ricardo, from my vantage point on my little boat on the rather rough and bumpy stream, it appeared to me that Pilks was booked for dissent arguing a cause where a foul was given against Garrido I think.I must agree that Silva and especially Aguero were amazing today - we really had no answer for them, but that is what to expect when you play the champions of the premier league!For us I thought Wes had a good game again, and BJ was fighting for everything (again, again!) and like you said Howson really rose to the challenge when he was introduced. But unfortunately I felt that for every player playing well, we had another player who wasn''t at their best, and to beat that team today we needed everyone to play well.Give my regards to Snowy - I arrived back from a wedding in Doncaster today to find that my cat, JT, has left home in disgust of my absence!

Great read Ricardo as ever, just a little bit frustrated by the Bunn og...John Ruddy would''ve done better. But he made an excellent save a little later... Just think we might have salvaged a point with our two big guys in the team Holty and Ruddy...what do you reckon...Ricardo and Snowy....???

[quote user="ROBFLECK"]Great read Ricardo as ever, just a little bit frustrated by the Bunn og...John Ruddy would''ve done better. But he made an excellent save a little later... Just think we might have salvaged a point with our two big guys in the team Holty and Ruddy...what do you reckon...Ricardo and Snowy....???[/quote]Yes Rob, Holty is always a miss but you have to give it to Man City, 10 against 11 evened it up but they have some fantastic players. Silva is pure silk to watch and Aguero has incredible close control in tight situations. After 5 minutes I thought we were in for a hammering but the boys shew a lot of character to almost pinch a point.At the halfway point of the season Ricardo and Snowy are well pleased with how things are going. I see West Ham will be without Nolan and Collins on Tuesday so I am hopeful of a result there.

I''d thought it was off-side too as did many around me. Not seen a replay yet. Much more exciting game. Shame we didn''t get a point which I felt we deserved. Got to have been 1 of Johnson''s best games for us. Shame his final blast was so high. Russel Martin as striker against West Ham anyone?

Enjoyed your report Ricardo and agree as per usual. Despite losing it was a very decent performance that won plenty of plaudits from the pundits on the live coverage over here. I agree, two big pluses were Harry Kane looking decent which is crucial considering Holt and now Morison''s injuries and Howson looked excellent in the time he was on the pitch, again a bonus considering Johnson''s suspension, shame because that was a MOM performance today and against world class players. Happy New Year to you too....

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="ROBFLECK"]Great read Ricardo as ever, just a little bit frustrated by the Bunn og...John Ruddy would''ve done better. But he made an excellent save a little later... Just think we might have salvaged a point with our two big guys in the team Holty and Ruddy...what do you reckon...Ricardo and Snowy....???[/quote]Yes Rob, Holty is always a miss but you have to give it to Man City, 10 against 11 evened it up but they have some fantastic players. Silva is pure silk to watch and Aguero has incredible close control in tight situations. After 5 minutes I thought we were in for a hammering but the boys shew a lot of character to almost pinch a point.At the halfway point of the season Ricardo and Snowy are well pleased with how things are going. I see West Ham will be without Nolan and Collins on Tuesday so I am hopeful of a result there.[/quote]Yes, quite good news that, I''ll be at Upton Park roaring the Canaries on! Hoping for a good result there, but we''ll need to be at our best against their strikers... Hoping Holty will play...

Think the one your talking about is Garrido ran up, as ball was being played. Looked offside, but the moment he kicked it was onside.

[quote user="Its Character Forming"]Thanks as always Ricardo

Any views on Harry Kane from anyone? Not mentioned so did he get into the game at all?

Cheers[/quote]Very impressive yesterday IMO. He looked a lot stronger than he was early in the season. Good workrate and good passing ability.