Sign in to follow this  
SwindonCanary

Super Chrissy Martin

He''d probably drowned his sorrows a bit as well.

Sorry Chris but you do have a bit of a reputation.

Those were encouraging words though. He seems to be very highly rated by one who should know. Can Swindon afford to buy him I wonder?

Lack of fitness i could understand but being overweight there is no excuse. This is his job and he should in the best possible shape. Think most people agree that he''s talented but his attitude stinks. Maybe the penny has finally dropped for him.

Lets hope Swindon find the money to but him cause it''ll be best for him and the club if he continues his career elswhere!

"Lack of fitness i could understand but being overweight there is no excuse. This is his job and he should in the best possible shape."

I''ve heard that said about another one of our strikers, but by Christ will you get some abuse if you post it about him.

It does look bad on Norwich if we have players here that are not fit. We must have ''Sports Science'' and dietitian staff at the club who look after this sort of thing.

[quote user="QHcanary"]"Lack of fitness i could understand but being overweight there is no excuse. This is his job and he should in the best possible shape."

I''ve heard that said about another one of our strikers, but by Christ will you get some abuse if you post it about him.[/quote]

This!

I can think of one certain striker who comes back from pre=season larger than ever each season!

100% agree paul moy - his attitude reminds me of ian henderson

these boys are not the pro''s like drury or lappin - if you have ever met one of these outside of football they are gentleman, our children went to the same nursery school and they were intelligent and had a personality - unlike chris martin.

swindoncanary: Yes, the club have a first class management team, which include sports scientists and dietitians. The fact that Chris Martin was overweight despite these things being in place is probably one of the reasons they got rid of him.

Not sure its another stick to beat the club with.

[quote user="he likes paella "]100% agree paul moy - his attitude reminds me of ian henderson

these boys are not the pro''s like drury or lappin - if you have ever met one of these outside of football they are gentleman, our children went to the same nursery school and they were intelligent and had a personality - unlike chris martin.[/quote]

Very harsh. Have you ever met any of the players outside of football? Chris Martin was put on pub watch because of one drunken night out. He was young and immature. He is clearly growing up now and has a young child. He should t be tarnished by actions years ago. Get off his back!

Crikey, he''s my height & heavier than me, and I''m 1 year short of half a century old and haven''t kicked a ball in anger in 7 years, but I do like a gallon of ale on a night out. That ain''t muscle packing either. Shocking. C''mon Chris don''t f#ck this up it''s probably your last chance as a pro.

Good post Lincoln. If his attitude was as bad as some have portrayed then he would have been flogged*,not just loaned,a long,long time ago. He has been under five different managers since he came through and none got rid. Do they know more than some of us?

Anyway hope Chris does well in his career, even though it''s more than likely not here.

*Flogged as in sold rather than the regular beatings he gets on here.

Totally agree with Lincoln !

I might add that with Moro and Holt injured it''s surely not inconceivable that Chris Martin could be needed in the green and yellow shortly.