Sign in to follow this  
NavMan

Ian Henderson

Well Notts, I think that a quote like "The bloke is so s***"  is fairly spiteful and unnecessary, unless s*** means something polite and I have miss predicted your partially written word?

Nav Man, look at an earlier thread left last week about the academy!

I feel shocked by the amount of people defending players purley because of the fact that they play for City, and I am not just talking Hendo.  If we face facts, we have only a few players who would get a place in any other premiership sides line up.  Its just so easy to say ''oh well, we are doing better than in previous years cos we are premier league''.  I bet man city supporters never felt like that.  Lets get some AMBITION going.  Hendo is not good enough for premiership football at the moment, but then again, if he and youngsters like him are not given a chance (in their correct position!) then we will never know.  Shackell has bags of talent, but where is he?  So easily to tread carefully carefully isn''t it, but never mind, Leeds, Wolves and Leicester next year!

IMO Henderson is significantly worse as a right midfielder/winger than Jonson, who at least covers well defensively and adds a physical presence to the midfield.  Jonson has been at best OK in the prem but Henderson was not good enough at championship level  - a significant difference.

Henderson is lightweight, poor in the tackle, unable to pass accurately and petrified at crossing the half way line.

Hendersons future is as a forward and he deserves a chance, as crow has, to make some appearances there too.  However loan period will do him more goodthan anything once he is fit again.

OTBC    

Marty, Must admit u have got me there, perhaps my choice of language is not the best but I think it was just born out of frustration. Still don’t rate him and think he will not amount to much in football. I would love to be proved wrong because he is local and supports Norwich but that does not give him any divine right to be good enough to play for Norwich. The consensus seems to think he is not up to it, although I agree he should be loaned out to further test his capabilities.

Good banter though!

FLUFF

What a valid point you make - how on earth will we ever know if any of the "kids" are good enough if they never get the chance to play and develop. It''s no good sending them to Peterborough or Northampton to get some match practice as the second division is as far from the Premiership as the reserve and youth team games are.

These guys need blooding - they need to be played IN position and given the chance to get the experience they need to become the players that potentially they could be...

[quote]It does strike you as funny though that along with all this best training/coaching/acadamy facilities in the world etc etc etc that we never seem to produce anybody who can 1. Get in the team and s...[/quote]

Those ARE points to ponder Navman ! ..........  maybe some changes in the staff are needed ?  

Henderson scored three goals for us  last season , which , in my book , is not bad going for  a sprog !!  ....  there`s often an underlying reason why  a bright prospect   stops performing  ....  maybe Delia  can  have a chat with him  ?   .... you know  , like a mother...............................

I know I`m going to be beaten  up on this , but  , all things being equal ... Hendo could well surprise a lot of you  !!! 

I sincerely hope he does Sheded because if he can come on strong then it will only be good news for all concerned.  Personally I put him in the category of Jamie Cureton - a little lightweight for the Premier so get a few more steaks inside him and who knows.

Slagging off players from your own or any other team is one of football''s time-honoured traditions. Long may it continue. Henderson''s an easy target as he''s not really very good, looks like he''d be blown over in a stiff breeze and talks like a chav, innit?

[quote]Slagging off players from your own or any other team is one of football''s time-honoured traditions. Long may it continue. Henderson''s an easy target as he''s not really very good, looks like he''d be bl...[/quote]

You should also add that he also looks like Spencer Moon off Eastenders!

[quote]Slagging off players from your own or any other team is one of football''s time-honoured traditions. Long may it continue. Henderson''s an easy target as he''s not really very good, looks like he''d be bl...[/quote]

We all do it Marmite !   .....   by the way  there was another  " lightweight "   player who    the " brains "  in  Notts county  [ check their position now ]  decided was " too small  and lightweight" ...............  have a guess who that might be !! 

[quote]It does strike you as funny though that along with all this best training/coaching/acadamy facilities in the world etc etc etc that we never seem to produce anybody who can 1. Get in the team and s...[/quote]

Danny Mils, Darren Eadie, Craig Bellamy, Chris Sutton, Robert Green...

Yup, you''re right about the academy - nobody ever makes the grade. Not even worth a place in the reserves.

And for what it''s worth, this thread and its attacks on Norwich players is a damn disgrace. I''m no big fan of Hendo, but the treatment dished out on here is appalling.

Call yourselves City fans?

[quote]Danny Mils, Darren Eadie, Craig Bellamy, Chris Sutton, Robert Green... Yup, you''re right about the academy - nobody ever makes the grade. Not even worth a place in the reserves. And for what it''s wo...[/quote]

Yeah you''re right, we should get behind our players. I happen to think that if the crowd would have got behind Carey, Coote, Coney, Rosario, Derveld, De Waard, McGovern etc. they would have all been superstars!Get real. If a player is rubbish, then he''s rubbish. Nothing to do with the crowd. Lets be honest, would the crowd have got on his back in the first place if he was any good? No. The reason they have is because he''s crap.

Worthy ,I suspect there are Tuareg tribesmen sitting round camp fires asking "Is Henderson that bad".Has this subject[and player]not been flogged to death?

[quote]Worthy ,I suspect there are Tuareg tribesmen sitting round camp fires asking "Is Henderson that bad".Has this subject[and player]not been flogged to death?[/quote]

Yes Nolegs my friend, it most definitely has. I just can''t resist getting the last word in Did I mention that I don''t rate Henderson?

Worthy Nigleton, I don''t think a player has to be rubbish for "fans" to get on their backs, otherwise our whole team is rubbish since every player has been slated at one time or another here. but what do I know, I''m only a Sunday afternoon bruiser! I only say that because both my Saturday 11-aside and Sunday 6-aside teams are top of their leagues! I agree Henerson can be a little lightweight but you can''t fault his effort, it''s not as if anyone else is setting the right wing alive this season is it?(I know he is not a winger).

Well whatever this boy is, he can now claim to have drawn out the the longest string of posts about any one player on this Forum !

Hmmm now I''ve gone and made it even longer, sorry !