Sign in to follow this  
NavMan

Ian Henderson

I echo that!!! the other teams might as well just give because with henderson back watch us fly!!!! The bloke is so s*** and give him one more year and he will be at colchester or cambridge!!! although to be fair he is the bright u hope for scottish football!!!

[quote]I echo that!!! the other teams might as well just give because with henderson back watch us fly!!!! The bloke is so s*** and give him one more year and he will be at colchester or cambridge!!! althoug...[/quote]

Well done, I thought I was alone.

with fans like that who needs enemies?

I, for one, would like to wish him a speedy recovery and think that with a limited sized squad any competition for places is good news. The only players I will critise are ones who play like they don''t care, ones that obviously put in the effort get my support, of course I still have opinions about their ability.

"Good to see our fans getting behind our players isn''t it, particularly our youngsters who could do with the full backing of the Carrow Road faithfull."

EXACTLY.  Why do people think he got a professional contract when plenty of other youngster didn''t make the grade and got released?  Don''t you think Worthington, Foley, Livermore, Webb, Martin etc know more about a players ability than the average fan?

Henderson is a young international footballer who is learning and needs the full backing of everyone who sits in the home section of Carrow Road.

Henderson is under 20 and in fairness played out of position. People who''ve seen reserve games comment that he''s better than Jarvis when played as a central striker.

For those who wish to berate a young prospect may I draw your attention to last seasons game V Millwall when he knocked in two quality finishes.

[quote]" Good to see our fans getting behind our players isn''t it, particularly our youngsters who could do with the full backing of the Carrow Road faithfull." EXACTLY. Why do people think he got a prof...[/quote]

So what are you saying that every player who gets a pro contract is a good player? There have been thousands of youngsters given contracts who have not even been close to being good enough and Hendo is another one of them.

He''s one of the worst players I''ve ever seen in a Norwich shirt.

I can''t understand how supporters can get on the backs of players who put in the effort, especially young players who are from this area of the world. You have to remember that he is a forward and he was played out of position most of the time last season.

I believe that once he gets a bit stronger and has the opportunity to play up front, I think we''ll have a good player on our hands. He did score more from the wing last season than any other in that position with the exception of Hucks... where ever he plays.

Yes we are doing so much damage to him by having a go on a website forum, the bloke must be shot to bits!!!!! When he is playing like any Norwich player he will receive my whole support!! I would like to add that plenty of bad players have been offered contracts and been a young hope for their international team  - ADRIAN COOTE and look where he is!!!! Sure those people do know more than the average fan and yes they have bought some good players but they have also bought some garbage in, therefore their judgement is not always 100% correct!!!

What, worse than Raymond De Waard, Fernando Derveld, Victor Segura, Shaun Carey, Simon Tracey, Dean Coney and Chris Llewellyn? (This list is by no means meant to be exhaustive - there are probably others)

Henderson is a great prospect WHEN played in his proper position - unfortunately he seems to be another to fall foul of the round pegs square holes syndrome that has plagued this club over the last few years.

No u made yourself very clear and I agree support is imperative but football relies on opinions!!! My opinion is that Henderson’s all round game is poor but that does not mean I won’t support him, the two are very separate entities!!  Supporters pay their money and have a right to voice their opinion on anything in a lawful way. If supporters did not vocie their opinion Hamilton may well be manager with Chase pulling the strings, then where would we be!!!

[quote]So what are you saying that every player who gets a pro contract is a good player? There have been thousands of youngsters given contracts who have not even been close to being good enough and Hendo i...[/quote]

Worthy Nigelton.  I suppose you were one of those "fans" who booed him at home to Bradford and according to Iwan''s book upset him, the management staff and the players at the time?

Of all the things you could have as your signature, On the Ball City, Keep the Faith, Come on you Yellows, the message you would like to be associated with more than anything else NCFC related is to slag a young player off.

Well done.

[quote]What, worse than Raymond De Waard, Fernando Derveld, Victor Segura, Shaun Carey, Simon Tracey, Dean Coney and Chris Llewellyn? (This list is by no means meant to be exhaustive - there are probably oth...[/quote]

The key words in my post were "one of" but I still think that he is no better or no worse than the players you have mentioned.

As for the "square pegs in round holes" argument/excuse, Hucks is out of position and Jarvis has played out of position on the right for us, as to has Bentley, Charlton, Helveg, Doherty, Shackell and numerous others over our history. NONE of whom have been as diabolical as Henderson. Being out of position does not give you an excuse to not be able to do basic things.

I have said this so many times and I still have absolutely no doubt in my mind whatsoever that this lad is s***e. He is destined for League 2 or probably IMHO worse.

And to all you "stop moaning at our players" people, I say this: I have tried so hard to give Hendo a chance but eventually you just run out of patience and want to see someone who is so blatantly not up to it given the boot. I give my support to every Norwich player whether old, young, expensive or cheap and give everyone a fair chance but in this case the sooner we get rid the better.

[quote]Worthy Nigelton. I suppose you were one of those "fans" who booed him at home to Bradford and according to Iwan''s book upset him, the management staff and the players at the time? Of all the things ...[/quote]

My signature is to be said tongue-in-cheek (although I do mean it) just because I''m not a fan who views our team through yellow and green glasses doesn''t mean I''m not a true fan.

I HAVE NEVER BOOED ANY OF OUR PLAYERS AT A GAME INCLUDING HENDERSON. I am entitled to voice my opinion on him as a footballer, that is all I am doing. Notts Canary has summed it up. If fans didn''t voice their anger or dislike at certain things we''d be stuck with Chase, Hamilton etc.

Point taken on board Notts, and you are right in saying that people should be allowed to voice their opinions. It''s just I think people''s critisism of Hendo is a little premature, and at this moment in time not really needed. He''s not played all season and when he played last season it was out of position.

I think supporters only have the right to be critical when a player when he is not doing the business of a run of games in his favoured position. I personally don''t think he''s done that badly considering his role last season on the right. How many were complaining when he knocked in those two great goals at home to Milwall?

Well done? How can you say well done to Henderson. I''ve never seen him play well. I agree with everything Worthy Nigelton says. He is rubbish.

And it is absolutely great (not) that Henderson is coming back from injury. Everyone is acting like he is our saviour and he is going to keep us up. I hardly think thats going to happen. If anyone is its going to be Francis Green or Deano.

Hendo is rubbish.

Where have I said he is our saviour Damo for England? Pick out a quote that says that! I haven''t said that he will make a huge difference if he was playing. I don''t think he is good enough for the first team, however people seem to be very hard on a player who is young, and hasn''t played very often in his favoured position. Just let the boy mature a bit, he wouldn''t be in the England U19 team if he is as crap as people are making out. Also take note of where he plays for England!Oh and good luck finding that mp3... yeah

Is Henderson that bad? Well, I don''t think he is. Get fit soon Hendo, and prove the doubters wrong.

What a pointless, spiteful thread. The guy plays for Norwich, not Ipswich, people!

Personally I think a thread like this is a complete disgrace.  To pick on a young player in this way tells us far more about the spite of the poster than it does about the player.  We all have favourites and those who we are not so sure about amongst the players but we all support City and all who play for the team.  I am glad that so many have stood up to be counted in condemning this kind of blind prejudice.

August 64

Ok, everybody has an opinion, but I have to say that some opinions here seem pretty banal in my opinion. I understand constructive criticism but not criticism of a player who has barely played this season and has not been given a chance, this sounds a little more vindictive to me. It seems that people always need some player to slate at any one time, we seem to go through the whole team picking a new player to slag off each week, maybe that''s the average mentality of football fans, maybe I am over estimating their intelligence?

Give the guy some support in his recovery and let him have a go before ripping him to pieces. Football is a confidence sport and i''m not surprised we are near the bottom if the players read this dross. What a capricious lot you are.

[quote]Ok, everybody has an opinion, but I have to say that some opinions here seem pretty banal in my opinion. I understand constructive criticism but not criticism of a player who has barely played this se...[/quote]

Marty: I seem to recall that we''ve been here before, yes?

So this post is spiteful.  What you mean like the postings that absolutely slated Gary Holt and yet when he was injured the same people were stating how much the team missed him.

Yeah right - nothing like double standards

Don’t thing the post has got spiteful at all, in fact I think it has been a good one with everyone sharing their opinions.

Marty, I would like to ask that before Hendo was injured why he was hardly ever playing, simply because he is not good enough and took weak for the premiership. I also take issue with the fact that

“we seem to go through the whole team picking a new player to slag off each week, maybe that''s the average mentality of football fans, maybe I am over estimating their intelligence?”

Have to say I love booing our players who r not good enough!! Get real I wish like last year that all the players were good enough for the respective division, that was great but the facts r we have only got 20 points for a reason!!! I think it’s a mark on your intelligence that your happy to accept this, as fans we can expect!

QUESTION TO EVERYONE: WOULD HENDO GET IN YOUR TEAM IN HIS FAVOURED POSITION?

Ian Henderson was rubbish last season and booed for most of it, so seems a little pointless even bothering about him this. I am sick of all this ''he''s only young'' rubbish, its about time the academy produced because along with Jarvis I bet 2/3 years from now he''ll be kicking around with the likes of Llewlyn, Sinclair, Coote, Forbes and any other rubbish we''ve coached to nowhere over the last 10 years.

It does strike you as funny though that along with all this best training/coaching/acadamy facilities in the world etc etc etc that we never seem to produce anybody who can

1.  Get in the team and stay there

2.  Seems remotely good enough to do the first point.

Even in the first division we did not get anybody break through stay there and impress anybody significantly to say ''this kid is going somewhere''.

Strange