Sign in to follow this  
SnakepitCanary

Glenn Murray and Chamakh

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2255440/Norwich-bid-3million-Crystal-Palace-striker-Glenn-Murray.html

The latest strikers to be linked. This is going to be a long January window! Surely we would get Murray cheaper if his contract runs out in the summer.

Murray is 29, and not had prem exp. I''d like us to go for either a 29 year old with 3/4 years prem exp or go with a 25 yo or younger with no exp. 29 and no exp is to much of a risk

[quote user="I am a Banana"]Murray is 29, and not had prem exp. I''d like us to go for either a 29 year old with 3/4 years prem exp or go with a 25 yo or younger with no exp. 29 and no exp is to much of a risk[/quote]

Grant Holt? Rickie Lambert?

True. Still don''t fancy him though.

My appetite has been wetted by the couple of Africans we''ve been strongly linked with ... Mulenga and Toure.

[quote user="PeekyNCFC9"]

[quote user="I am a Banana"]Murray is 29, and not had prem exp. I''d like us to go for either a 29 year old with 3/4 years prem exp or go with a 25 yo or younger with no exp. 29 and no exp is to much of a risk[/quote]

Grant Holt? Rickie Lambert?

[/quote]

I agree age isnt the issue, but everytime I''ve seen Murray play on telly he''s general game and decision making is woeful. He is in good scoring form this season though.

[quote user="pablofarmer"]Glenn Murray sounds like a whiskey, also sounds like he is well matured![/quote]

Sounds more like he should be selling Strawberrys at Wimbledon 

NO NO NO to either of them, oh and you can stick the likes of CMS with them too.

Jacob Mulenga or Ibrahima Toure for me!

[quote user="Hog"]

NO NO NO to either of them, oh and you can stick the likes of CMS with them too.

Jacob Mulenga or Ibrahima Toure for me!

[/quote]

Have to say these 2 are top of my wish list too

We either need someone a lot better, who can replace Holt in the first team, or someone a lot younger who can learn from him.

Seems like a waste of money to buy another Morison.

Now the Times is saying we are trying to "lure" Jelle Vossen from Genk.

Another one this football ignoramus had not heard of:-

Senior career*
YearsTeamApps†(Gls)†
2007–Genk102(47)
2009–2010→ Cercle Brugge (loan)17(6)
National team‡
2004Belgium U153(0)
2005Belgium U162(0)
2005–2006Belgium U1716(6)
2006–2007Belgium U185(3)
2006–2008Belgium U199(3)
2008Belgium U201(1)
2008–2009Belgium U218(0)
2009–Belgium11

Not that excited about this one tbh.

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"]

I read that Broadstairs. Never heard of him either. I wonder though whether he is the Belgian midfielder Bowkett mentioned at the AGM?

[/quote]

He''s a striker.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"]

I read that Broadstairs. Never heard of him either. I wonder though whether he is the Belgian midfielder Bowkett mentioned at the AGM?

[/quote]

He''s a striker.

[/quote]

Thanks. I''ve not got round to checking him out. Perhaps there''s still an obscure Belgian midfielder to come then?

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"]I read that Broadstairs. Never heard of him either. I wonder though whether he is the Belgian midfielder Bowkett mentioned at the AGM?[/quote]

I think that was more a general remark to indicate Hughton''s obsessiveness rather than a reference to a specific player!

No to both for me, neither has got anything about them.

We need a striker who can not only find the net but has some good ability, skill, strength and some pace with dear I say it a bit of arrogance, someone who knows they are good. Like when Hucks came everyone knew he was the player that could change a game and when he was on the ball you sat at the edge of your seat just waiting to see what he does, we need that again.

Vossen is not a bad shout, here is a video of him. He is also 23 which makes him a good prospect.

Jelle Vossen

ok link did not work as I wanted so just copy paste into your window.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krxxyFwavBE

Vossen is a top striker. Very lethal, works hard and can play up front by himself. He''s my top choice if we were to sign anyone.

I''ve asked a Dutch guy I know about Mulenga. He said he is a great target man but doesn''t score loads of goals.

Vossen seems to know what there back of the net is. 65 goals in 110 games in his last 2 and a half season.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQAYkqe65KY

It amuses me how every window now we seem to get so excited about these exotic continental players (Mulenga/Toure etc) who very few of us have ever seen play (even on TV) and then end up feeling nonchalant about the British based players we end up linked to!

West Ham bought Modibo Maiga from Sochaux and Saints purchased Emmanuel Mayuka from Young Boys in the last window and they have done very little despite the fact that if their names were in the hat for us now or back then we would be wetting ourselves with anticipation!

All that glitters is not gold. 

And all that glistens is not yellow.

Sorry Cantiaci, not really trying to be a clever dick but I recall when I once wrote and hosted a quiz in my hotel and asked the question about which Shakespeare play this line came from.

I made the same mis-quote and was quickly reprimanded by one of the qizzers. He was a clever dick though.

I''ve never forgotten that moment.

"Sorry, folks, but the word is glisters, not glitters or even glistens."

Oops. Of course. Like I said, I''ve never fotgotten my moment.[:$]

Cantiaci has the last laugh.

[quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]

It amuses me how every window now we seem to get so excited about these exotic continental players (Mulenga/Toure etc) who very few of us have ever seen play (even on TV) and then end up feeling nonchalant about the British based players we end up linked to!

West Ham bought Modibo Maiga from Sochaux and Saints purchased Emmanuel Mayuka from Young Boys in the last window and they have done very little despite the fact that if their names were in the hat for us now or back then we would be wetting ourselves with anticipation!

All that glitters is not gold. 

[/quote]

Sadly I am one of those whose head is often turned by exotic names and the promise of unearthing the next Drogba, but I have to agree with your post, although Murray and CMS are not the answer.....

[quote user="YellowBlood"]No to both for me, neither has got anything about them.

We need a striker who can not only find the net but has some good ability, skill, strength and some pace with dear I say it a bit of arrogance, someone who knows they are good. Like when Hucks came everyone knew he was the player that could change a game and when he was on the ball you sat at the edge of your seat just waiting to see what he does, we need that again.

Vossen is not a bad shout, here is a video of him. He is also 23 which makes him a good prospect.

Jelle Vossen[/quote]Let''s just be patient and buy Benteke when Villa go down.

[quote user="SnakepitCanary"]Vossen is a top striker. Very lethal, works hard and can play up front by himself. He''s my top choice if we were to sign anyone.[/quote]

He looks like he should be in a boy band. I can see Kathy getting conflicted if we were to sign him...[;)]