Sign in to follow this  
Baldyboy

Is Bunn the new Morison?

seems like it from some of the posts on here!!! Having watched the game again I cannot see how people have blamed him for our defeat to Man City, but then again seems people have to have a go at some player or another. He was unlucky with the last goal and the 2nd was not his fault either, if he had not come out he would be slated for that too. the problem appears to be because he isnt the same as Ruddy people moan much the same as because Morison isnt the same as Holt he gets stick.

Not yet the new Morison. The latter had many games and early last season seemed to be Premiership quality. Unfortunately after injury his performance tailed off - did he come back too early? I still have my doubts about Moro as a Premiership player.

Bunn has had only a few games, and although his errors have cost us goals, and points, it may still be too early to pass judgement. We forget that in his first season John Ruddy had some iffy moments and made some glaring mistakes. Ruddy has improved vastly since then, as shown by his international selection. We must hope that for the next three months Bunn can learn to cut out his errors in judgement, and learn to punch the ball! (or will CH go for an experienced keeper on loan?)

The big question is whether Bunn will improve enough to become main goalkeeper here or in another Premiership club. On this the jury is surely out, although it has to be said that his size makes it difficult, and at the moment perhaps lapses in decision making and/or concentration. I was worried by the length of time Ruddy would be out when his injury happened. Bunn will surely learn as he plays, but....

I''m not confident with Bunn in between the sticks at all at the moment. He isn''t the worst goalkeeper I''ve ever seen and probably sums up second choice pretty well, but my god doesn''t he make Ruddy look so much better. Well, unless Hughton feels he can give Rudd a go Bunn has untill March to get better. Who knows, he might even keep Ruddy out by then...

I think the two are completely different. There is no question with Bunn''s attitude or commitment and difficult to see where he has let us down. The goal at WBA he was clearly fowled and against Man C he was badly exposed(reluctant to say it not Bassong''s best game) Rob Butler clearly sticks the knife in at every opportunity and this has not helped!

Probably the best Morison has played before coming off at the weekend but without comparing him to anyone the problem is his attitude and work rate especially when we are up against it and need the effort most!

[quote user="Yellows"]Is it possible not to have a scapegoat at all?[/quote]

He''s not as good as Ruddy. That''s why he''s our back up keeper. That''s it. People need to deal with that and support him.

"I think he is the new Morison neither are scoring regularly at the moment"

A bit harsh - Bunn has scored more recently than Wes, Morison, Holt and Jackson - ie all our strikers (and thats the order they have last scored in).

Just a shame it was an og....

Is Rudd the new Asda?

I dont think so, I have not heard any rumour that Ameobi was spotted in him???

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]Is Rudd the new Asda?

I dont think so, I have not heard any rumour that Ameobi was spotted in him???[/quote]I did hear Carl Cort was collecting trolleys in his car park.