Sign in to follow this  
pete

Ryan B plays

Seems strange decision and on which will surely really hack off Tierney.

As a professional footballer must be really annoying to have someone chosen to play out of position rather than you.

Expect he will be seeking a transfer out this month which will be a shame as he did well last season and is certainly adequate back up

Not too confident we''ll cope with Vaz Te and Jarvis on the wings especially if Russ goes to left back

It brings me no pleasure to utter it, but as far as names and reputations go, this would seem to me to be the weakest team we''ve fielded in the league since the earlier half of last season.

[quote user="rock bus"]Seems strange decision[/quote]i wont be shocked to see russell martin on the left and ryan bennett or turner at right back

but i dont see why tierney shouldnt play unless hes injured. Leaves the team very unbalanced, ill give it 5 minutes before west ham figure out the left back has no left foot and start forcing them into mistakes

but hell if city had rested players against man city and chelsea maybe holt, morison & garrido would be fit and johnson wouldnt be suspended. The points would be the same

Bunn

Bennett basssong turner Martin (?)

Howson Tettey

Snodgrass Wes Pilkington

Kane

Subs

Rudd, E Bennett, Barnett, Jackson, Tierney, Smith, Fox

Bench starting to look thin, with johnson, holt, moro, whittaker and garrido out.

Not wanting to be overly pessimistic but things are not looking good at the moment. 3 defeats on the bounce and now having to go away without half of our first choice team. Holt, Garrido, Whittaker, Johnson and Ruddy all missing today and Morison from the bench. It is certainly the moment for the likes of Howson and Kane to step up to the mark but I can''t help feeling that if we don''t get some players back from injury soon, or even lose one or two more, then we may get dragged right back into it.

[quote user="ron obvious"]Korey''s on the bench!

Could be significant?? ...[/quote]Don''t think so, he''s just moved up onto the bench because of the places freed up through injuries hasn''t he?

Don''t forget Ruddy and Surman are also injured

Bassong is left footed and can play left-back. I think Hughton''s pulled out Garrido as he''s the smallest member of our defence and we''re playing against West ''f***ing hoof it'' Ham. All of our back four are now 6 ft + which will come in handy as we deal with the inevitable aerial bombardment of a Sam Allardyce side.     

Garrido is not on the press association injury list, so I would presume, unless it''s not been announced yet, that he has simply been rested today

[quote user="Scooby"]Not wanting to be overly pessimistic but things are not looking good at the moment. 3 defeats on the bounce and now having to go away without half of our first choice team. Holt, Garrido, Whittaker, Johnson and Ruddy all missing today and Morison from the bench. It is certainly the moment for the likes of Howson and Kane to step up to the mark but I can''t help feeling that if we don''t get some players back from injury soon, or even lose one or two more, then we may get dragged right back into it.[/quote]TBF, Allardyce says Wet Spam are in a similar place because of injuries. Goes with the time of year I guess.

Tactical decision. Now we have four 6ft (ish) defenders along the back. Should help counter West Hams very obvious approach.

Good to see Smith back in the picture. Hope he does well if/when he comes on.

Tierney may well not be best pleased about this and it could signal that his days here are numbered. However, as it is clearly a tactical decision, an intelligent and professional footballer should understand regardless.

[quote user="rock bus"]Seems strange decision and on which will surely really hack off Tierney. As a professional footballer must be really annoying to have someone chosen to play out of position rather than you. Expect he will be seeking a transfer out this month which will be a shame as he did well last season and is certainly adequate back up[/quote]

There may well have been conversations along these lines already.  Tierney out and another LB in - ideas?

I would snap up Luke Shaw of Southampton, but I feel he''ll probably be too pricey for us

[quote user="shefcanary"]

[quote user="rock bus"]Seems strange decision and on which will surely really hack off Tierney. As a professional footballer must be really annoying to have someone chosen to play out of position rather than you. Expect he will be seeking a transfer out this month which will be a shame as he did well last season and is certainly adequate back up[/quote]

There may well have been conversations along these lines already.  Tierney out and another LB in - ideas?

[/quote]
Jonathon Parr. Starting LB for Crystal Palace. Can play LB or LM and self-identifies as a wing-back. Also happens to be a Norwegian international...

Hughtons craziest decision yet if a centre back plays left back and Tierney on bench!!! If it goes pear shaped and costs us, he will get a lot of flak me thinks!!!

[quote user="baldyboy"]Hughtons craziest decision yet if a centre back plays left back and Tierney on bench!!! If it goes pear shaped and costs us, he will get a lot of flak me thinks!!![/quote]
Not really, West Ham aren''t known for their tricky and beguiling play, they play direct and good height and aerial strength will be key to the defensive plan. Also Matt Taylor plays RM and he''s not particularly quick or skillful, but he is a damned good crosser. Maybe the extra height will come in handy at blocking is in-swinging crosses as he checks onto his left foot?