Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Give Iwan a job!.

Due to a bit of an absence, I apologise if this has already been said.

But with Iwan Roberts job at Gillingham going t*t up, could not a coaching  position be found for him at Colney?. Hell, our strikers could do with some help!.

And who better?.

Yes, I know he''s gone to Cambridge on a temporary basis alongside big Rob Newman, but he''s already stated in the EDP, that he would love the chance to come here.

Go on City, give him a job, we need him, yes?.

I agree it would be great to have him back.  But we need to be careful not to look at this through our yellow and green tinted glasses Wiz.  The guy is obviously a Norwich City legend.  But is he a good coach?  I think we need to assess this before giving him a job 

Do we even need a new coach? It would be great to have Iwan back in some capacity, but I don''t think the time is right. Neither does he have enough coaching experience to coach at a Premiership club looking to push on.

We don''t owe Iwan Roberts a living, so to give him a job purely because he''s a legend at our club, would be wrong. If we need a new coach and Iwan is the best man in terms of ability for the job, then brilliant, if not, then not for me.

There is of course the slight technical hitch that he couldn''t coach at this club yet. His UEFA coaching badge isnt good enough to coach in this league. He needs his ''A'' badge which according to the radio he is going to take in the summer.

But when he does get this badge bring him on board!

The club isn''t a charity. ** IF ** we go down this season, do we really want to be paying out wages for a coach that we don''t need? If we need a new coach I would rather the club went out and got a proven one which is going to help us.

We don''t owe Iwan Roberts a living.  Let us not forget he was the player who said he was ready to pack his case and join Cardiff. Before that his agent ( David Speedie ) said he would never again wear a Norwich shirt. Then there was the time he said if Gillingham ( not last year ) made an approach he would have to listen.

Strangely these statements were made everytime his contract came up for renewal.  Before we use the word legend so easily lets remember it has taken the last four seasons in the fizzy league for Roberts to score more goals than Chris Sutton did in one Premiership season.

[quote]We don''t owe Iwan Roberts a living. Let us not forget he was the player who said he was ready to pack his case and join Cardiff. Before that his agent ( David Speedie ) said he would never again wear...[/quote]

I''m almost speechless!.

Heartless and selfish responses (except DD) from looser posters, especially Campbell, who always disagrees with anything I suggest, on general principle it would seem.

Info for Damo. Iwan is in the middle of taking his A licence now, OK.

You all make me ashamed of City supporter''s at times like this, you really do.

[quote]I''m almost speechless!. Heartless and selfish responses (except DD) from looser posters, especially Campbell, who always disagrees with anything I suggest, on general principle it would seem. Info f...[/quote]

I hope you are joking! If not I''m glad we don''t have people like you running this club. Maybe we should bring Eadie back in on the wing as well? I know he can''t really play, but hey, we all used to like him.

I think the reason most people diagree with you is because you are wrong, not because there is some kind of vendetta against you, however calling people who diagreee with you as ''losers'' is going to help your case.

I dont think that the Colney management wants him here.  They RUSHED him through the FA course while he was here so that they could get rid of him.  On all accounts (and I have this on good authority) he was the poorest delegate that the FA coaching team had ever had!!

"IF" we needed a new coach I would expect the club to appoint the best coach available based on their coaching abilities etc and not based on sentimentality or as some kind of testimonial.

Yes he was a great servant and no doubt he was paid well for it but there were some on this board who have suggested we made a mistake releasing him. Cambridge are 92nd in the league.

I think that speaks for itself.

I''m afraid I''m with the "loosers" on this one.

[quote]I''m almost speechless!. Heartless and selfish responses (except DD) from looser posters, especially Campbell, who always disagrees with anything I suggest, on general principle it would seem. Info f...[/quote]

I''m a ''looser poster'' (Did 1st Wizard mean ''loser''? Seems he can''t ''spell'' after all!) according to somebody who pretends to be a Wizard...am I the only one who finds this funny?

1st Wizard:

So my post was ''heartless and selfish'' was it? Sorry, but the last time I checked, Norwich City Football Club did not have a duty to employ Iwan Roberts; as others have correctly pointed out. What would be the point in getting him back here? Seriously...What''s the point? There are better qualified coaches out there than Iwan Roberts; fact. Getting Iwan a coaching role here just because he is Iwan Roberts is absolutely ludicrous. It''s a joke.

If you post rubbish 1st Wizard, then I''m likely to disagree with you. As for me disagreeing with everything you say, you''d perhaps like to notice how you agree/see the good with everything DumbleDelia says...

You''ve agreed with me a few times lately, and if you had have started the topics or raised the points I did, then I would have agreed with you. It''s that simple.

Disagree with 1st Wizard and you are a looser/loser. I recall reading a Richard Ball''s article in the EDP when he said if you want to start an argument in an empty room discuss Iwan Roberts. That would suggest not everybody holds the same opinion as 1st Wizard and why should they ?  Equally because I may disagree with other members in the forum it does not give me the right to be rude to them.

Coach ?

Coach driver more like, once he''s got his license (PSV I believe).

I''m sure he be would be a most welcome chap driving fans to away games.

Wouldn''t do much harm either bringing one (or two?) fans back to planet earth whilst he''s at it.

I agree with FTFW - as I have alrady posted IF we haver a vacancy and Iwan IS the BEST candidate then we should employ him - if not we take the best man for the job.  It is a tough world out there and Iwan has to prove that he can coach before we take him on, just like every other coach.  If he looks promising then I would love to have him back at the club - as Preston what they thought of Mark Lawrenson as a manager...

We have one of the best coaches in the country in David Williams and our first team coaches could learn a lot from him, rather than a novice like Iwan. 

oTBC

I agree with FTFW - as I have alrady posted IF we haver a vacancy and Iwan IS the BEST candidate then we should employ him - if not we take the best man for the job.  It is a tough world out there and Iwan has to prove that he can coach before we take him on, just like every other coach.  If he looks promising then I would love to have him back at the club - as Preston what they thought of Mark Lawrenson as a manager...

We have one of the best coaches in the country in David Williams and our first team coaches could learn a lot from him, rather than a novice like Iwan. 

oTBC

I have to agree with ZLF ,David Williams-we could do a lot worse than to promote him to the 1st team set up.

[quote]I hope you are joking! If not I''m glad we don''t have people like you running this club. Maybe we should bring Eadie back in on the wing as well? I know he can''t really play, but hey, we all used to li...[/quote]

SS: Okay, perhaps looser was a bit strong, maybe shortsighted would be a better word.

Name me a more prolific goal scorer currently at Colney than Iwan, that''s right, you and nobody can!.

He has experience, which is worth far more than the theory guys we already have IMO. After all, if they are so bloody good, as many of you seem to suggest, how come our lads miss so many sitters?.

I seem to recall that when Iwan left, there was a groundswell of opinion on here to employ him as a coach. What a fickle lot some of you are!.

True, they were not the newbie posters who have suddenly come on these boards, but you get my meaning.

Memo to  Campbell: The reason I agree a lot with DD is quite simple. He talks a lot of sense!, unlike some.

Also, I was not aware that I or other posters, needed an English degree to come on here, I may have some form of word blindness, like some other posters do, for all you know or care.

Take the P'' as much as you like mate, that won''t stop me posting, others have tried and failed, and you ain''t even in their league and never will be.

yeah and my dad is bigger than yours

and if you don''t agree with every one of my posts i''m not going to give the ball back.....

and take care or i''ll turn you into a toad as sure as Harewood is coming in January....whoops.

oh, and don''t forget we''re sacrificing 100 newbies at Carrow Road as part of my new spell blah blah blah

Here we go 1st Wizard, somehow seeking to diminish other people''s opinions by reference to newbies again.  Despite your pleas to the contrary you still seem to think that the more recently someone joined this message board the less relevant their opinion.  You are entitled to your opinion 1st Wizard but not one more jot than someone making their very first post.  You know nothing of the background or experience of newbies yet for some reason you dismiss their comments purely on the basis that they have chosen to post on this board  infrequently or never before.  Perhaps you should loosen your definition of losers!

August 64