Sign in to follow this  
York Canary

Jerome Thomas

On loan at Leeds from WBA and some clubs are interested in taking him on perm, as well as Leeds. I think he''d be great competition for Pilks on the left and looked really good earlier this season when I saw him, but fell out of favour for 1 reason or another. Pacey and tricky winger that looks to get in behind the defence. Plenty of energy too. Good alternative for us in this window?

I really don''t think we need another winger with Elliott Bennett, Snodgrass and Pilks already on the books.

You don''t think we need another winger?

What other position do we only have 1 1/2 players for? Every position has at least two players, two RBs, 4 or more CBs (plus RBs who can play CB, two LB millions of central midfielders, only 3 wingers. Of course we need another winger. Of one were to get injured, we would only have two, of one was playing rubbish what then?

[quote user="Gingerpele"]You don''t think we need another winger? What other position do we only have 1 1/2 players for? Every position has at least two players, two RBs, 4 or more CBs (plus RBs who can play CB, two LB millions of central midfielders, only 3 wingers. Of course we need another winger. Of one were to get injured, we would only have two, of one was playing rubbish what then?[/quote]

Exactly.

Thomas is mainly a left-winger and pacey - the ideal competition for Pilks. He can also play more behind the striker. Great pace and would be a good addition imo. Apparently Leeds were in talks to get him on a perm recently, but nothing has happened yet. I''d love us to jump in and get him

Another great option would be Lee Chung Yong from Bolton. Either of those 2 and I''d be trĂ©s happy. Hope we hear something soon regarding players coming in. In the meantime I look forward to the Cup game and seeing some players try and take their chance e.g Korey, Murphy''s, Kane, Butterfield, Howson, Elliott etc

Looks like Leeds aren''t any closer to signing him according to Warnock and there''s other clubs ''sniffing around him''. Wonder if we''re in there maybe