Sign in to follow this  
NCFC_Number_7

Pilkington

We need a pacey left winger. who has good feet and could change a game.

Pilkington to me seems tired.

He looks over confident as well, like he can take any player on.

We don''t really have cover for him.

Your thoughts?

We just need to give pilks a rest he is overworked and needs a break just don5 play him against Petoborough and save him for Newcastle!

I was at that game and that''s what I thought him and Jackson completly changed the game! I don''t think he doesn''t like E.Bennett I just think he has found his preferred starting 11 and until they put in a completly bad performance like Pilkington is doing he won''t change it! Personally we need a bit more pace so I would play Snodgrass on the left E.Bennett on the right and Jackson as a line striker! Benno and Jacko when they came on were running the show!

I think he''s just inconsistent. He never has a mediocre game in my opinion. He''s either amazing, or awful.Some of his crossing and delivery from set pieces over the last 4 games has been pretty bad. I also think he plays a lot better against better opposition.Is he tired / jaded, or just a little complacent as he doesn''t have any real competition for his position? Either way, I agree its an area we need to improve on.

i exagerated with the Hughton hating him bit, but Bennett and Jackson did change the game. Bennett cross and then Pilkington to sky it indicated to me that he was really drained, that chance could have got us a point

What I also though that Bennett and Jacko brought to the game was enthusiasm! Something that Pilkington doesn''t have at the moment! Believe me I do like Pilkington as much as the next person but he needs a rest and we need to give other players a chance!

If you want more pace why on earth would you drop Pilks?

He''s much faster than Snod, well probably, haven''t seen Snod run much to really tell. He''s not that kind of player.

I like Pilkington and he comes up with the goods at times, but quite a lot recently he goes AWOL in games and does b*ggerall!

Why then does start every game and rarely gets subbed?

Elliot Bennett has done nothing wrong and is very effective. He should have had more chances so far. Pilkington needs a spell out of the starting line up I feel!

GP I understand that Pilkington is quick he just needs a rest for a while been playing too many games and replace him with Elliott Bennett for now until he doesn''t look knackered every game!

Agreed.After Pilk''s purple patch a few games ago he''s struggled in recent matches.Also, I was surprised he didn''t get hauled off against West Ham - he jumped out of 3 consecutive 50/50 challenges right in front of Hughton''s dugout.  He was a great deal more industrious on that front last season, or at least, I certainly noticed him putting his foot in more.PS - I''m aware that Pilks isn''t Gattuso / Roy Keane, but jumping out of tackles like the opponents boots'' are laced with the Ebola virus is not acceptable.  Maybe he''s getting jitters from that nasty injury he had shortly before he joined us...  He can be a match-winner on his day, but a rest may do him some good.