Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Korey Smith

Has anybody been keeping a look out for Korey. It would be good to know how he developed down there. Plenty of game time which is a positive.

Also what about young Tom?

Adeyemi seemed to be starting most games and then started coming off the bench instead. Don''t know what''s happened now (injured?) but don''t think he was in squad for last game. Korey has played every game there apparently and doing well. He says in that article that CH has people watching him and they''ve told CH that he''s doing very well so that''s a good thing at least. Forgot they''re both 21

Cheers York. It has been a case of out of sight, out of mind regarding our loanees this season, personally. Might have to trawl other forums....

Korey really has made a difference to Yeovil''s form. Since he arrived at the club results have improved (which has been the case for Adeyemi at Brentford before he got injured and Francomb at Wimbledon before he came home), so you can see why they''d want him to stay longer.

What has been interesting and impressive about Korey- if we include his spell at Bradford last year- is his ability to play a variety of midfield roles with great dexterity and with his usual tenacity, energy and high technical skill.

Both at Yeovil and Bradford he has been deployed as a box-to-box midfielder, a disciplined holding midfielder and a right-sided midfielder.

When he was at Bradford, one game I watched that really sticks in my mind was the visit of West Ham, which the Londoners won by about 4 goals. Korey was playing as a holding midfielder and, for me, was the best player on the pitch by quite some way. Everything West Ham did came from the wings, as they quickly learned that Korey (a 20 year old) wasn''t letting them (big and brutal West Ham) into the centre. His distribution was good, tackling excellent and his skill on the ball was often great. His team-mates simply were not on his level. Inexplicable, Korey was replaced on the hour mark and that''s when Bradford really capitulated.

He has put in similar performances in for Yeovil this year. I only remember that game because the lad was a shining light in a poor team on a very bad day.

Is he ready for the Premiership? Only one way to find out and chances are he will get his chance in the busy Christmas period. He''s match fit, sharp and undoubted raring to go. If Hughton judges him ready, I see no reason to question that judgement.

I live in Yeovil and get to a few games (mainly away games to have a good day out). Was on the coach to MK Dons when he''d signed and thought it was a very strange move at the time. Its quite clear that Korey is a cut above the rest of a rather average team and its no wonder most fans down here are somewhat concerned what the next month holds without him. Played CM most of the spell and sometimes plays a bit more advanced. Far too good for league 1 but not sure he''s quite ready for the premier league just yet. Another loan spell in the championship after christmas would do him a world of good.  

I wondered why Adeyemi had suddenly dropped out of the Brentford team, it took some finding out but had a thigh problem apparently, which was more niggly than anything.  He''s not been rushed back either (not sure if that is Norwich''s decision or Brentford''s) but i think is now available for selection although has been out since beginning of November.

Korey''s found his level, League One/Lower reaches of the Championship. Another candidate for the exit come January and I''d wish him well. Always gives 100%. A great servant of the club in the lower leagues. Nolonger a youngster and never going to figure in the Premiership, sadly.

I very much disagree with that.

He is a cut above Yeovil and was a cut above Barnsley (I got it right this time!) last year.

He has shown that he is more than capable of excelling in the Championship and that was last year and he''s still only 21 (which is young enough to still be termed "a youngster")

I believe he can make it in the top flight. I may be wrong- I''m wrong about many things (see above). Regardless, I think Korey has earned the right to at least try.

[quote user="Mungo Bumpkin"]

Korey''s found his level, League One/Lower reaches of the Championship. Another candidate for the exit come January and I''d wish him well. Always gives 100%. A great servant of the club in the lower leagues. Nolonger a youngster and never going to figure in the Premiership, sadly.

[/quote]

Oh do shut up.

Mungo Binner at it again writing people off at the age of 21! Not a youngster?! LMFAO. So he''s a veteran now is he? He''s still at an age to play in the Under 21s so I think you need to take a minute there..Korey never really got a chance with us in the Championship although I remember he came on against Swansea and looked impressive and almost scored straight away. I agree that a spell in the Championship would be good, but at the same time he''s been there with Barnsley and did well and sometimes people can step up more than you expect. I think he''d be potential cover for Tettey and Johnson, but who knows what CH is thinking. If he''s playing better than everyone else in his current team then surely he needs to go up a level to improve further? Adeyemi was always highly rated and classed as having the right physical attributes to be a good player. He''s almost a year younger than Korey I think so has even more time to improve and hopefully gets a chance in Championship next

I think I''m possibly closer to Mungo than a lot of you on this one. 21 isn''t old, but why is he only playing League 1 football? If he''s going to make the step up to the prem in the next year or so, you''d have thought there would be a midtable or bottom half championship side willing to give him some first team game time.

I won''t say he''ll never play in the prem, because as we''ve seen with Holt anything can happen in a career. However, is he going to get a chance with us? Personally, I can''t see it. Maybe as a squad player backup but I''m not sure. Hopefully he can prove me wrong though!

Every time I''ve seen Korey I''ve been impressed. It''ll be interesting to see how Hughton develops him, hopefully taking him up to Prem level. I believe he has the ability, energy &, perhaps above all, attitude to make the grade. His whole persona just seems so Norwich that he would fit the club''s ethos perfectly. I really, really hope the lad makes it.

[quote user="ron obvious"]Every time I''ve seen Korey I''ve been impressed. It''ll be interesting to see how Hughton develops him, hopefully taking him up to Prem level. I believe he has the ability, energy &, perhaps above all, attitude to make the grade. His whole persona just seems so Norwich that he would fit the club''s ethos perfectly. I really, really hope the lad makes it.[/quote]

Exactly what you said. I think one of the hardest things for him has been nailing down a preferred position. Whenever I''ve seen him play he''s done well in each position, but his best (imo) seemed to be the more defensive midfield or box-to-box role. The energy and tenacity he has is his best asset. I really hope this stint at Yeovil improves him and he at least deserves a chance in the league above (like he got with Barnsley last season, but unfortunately got injured I think).

Adeyemi played the 2nd half for Brentford in their last game and they''re 2nd in the League and looking good. It can only be a good thing for him to be involved with a team going for promotion

[quote user="York Canary"]

[quote user="ron obvious"]Every time I''ve seen Korey I''ve been impressed. It''ll be interesting to see how Hughton develops him, hopefully taking him up to Prem level. I believe he has the ability, energy &, perhaps above all, attitude to make the grade. His whole persona just seems so Norwich that he would fit the club''s ethos perfectly. I really, really hope the lad makes it.[/quote]

Exactly what you said. I think one of the hardest things for him has been nailing down a preferred position. Whenever I''ve seen him play he''s done well in each position, but his best (imo) seemed to be the more defensive midfield or box-to-box role. The energy and tenacity he has is his best asset. I really hope this stint at Yeovil improves him and he at least deserves a chance in the league above (like he got with Barnsley last season, but unfortunately got injured I think).

Adeyemi played the 2nd half for Brentford in their last game and they''re 2nd in the League and looking good. It can only be a good thing for him to be involved with a team going for promotion

[/quote]

Korey is back with City this week and to have talks about his future. Any news yet?

OTBC

[quote user="Mungo Bumpkin"]

[/quote]

Too good for your lot then.

He is a perfect understudy for Bradders in my eyes. He has energy, is good in the tackle and a reasonable passer.

In the 2009/2010 season he was one of our key players at just 18 years of age. I remember his injury coinciding with a relatively poor run in form that year. You could say League one is his level but ask yourselves how much did Bradley Johnson stand out in league one that season and how wrong has he proven us since?

21 is still very young for a central midfielder and too early to write him off

Sadly, I think it''s going to be quite a short conversation.

"Take a seat Korey. Fancy a hobnob? Now, about your future at the club. Let me cut to the chase. You haven''t got one. Get on the blower to your agent and tell him you need a change of scenery. Best of luck. Don''t let the door hit your @rse on the way out.

agreed mungo he has had enough time to show he has potential or purpoise at the club and he has failed. bye bye korey

I would certainly take Korey, ahead of Surmon, Fox, in terms of being an understudy... to BJ/Tettey/Johnny. Wouldn''t be a ''bad'' reserve imo (assuming you wish to have another defensive minded player).

However, that would be upto Korey to sit on the bench waiting for a chance... which may never come. So depends how much of his career he wishes to put on hold, or would he prefer to be playing in the championship / top end of league1.

Still think adeyemi is a better player. But we do need to bring in better players than we have. If Bridcutt is mentioned as a target then Korey is going to be left out.