Sign in to follow this  
Hog

Player in medical

De kans is groot dat FC Utrecht het in de tweede seizoenshelft moet doen zonder Jacob Mulenga. Volgensd de Engelse website SuperSport.com staat de Zambiaanse spits op het punt een contract te tekenen bij Norwich City. Mulenga zou momenteel in Engeland verblijven voor een medische keuring. Ook zou d.

I''m struggling to fathom that. Is it stating Mulenga is having a medical with us today? Really hope we act sharpish during this window.

It''s in Dutch, Google would only translate a bit at a time:

...Jacob Mulenga pursue careers in Premier League''Vandaag at 8:39. The likelihood is great that FC Utrecht in the second half of the season to do without Jacob Mulenga . Volgensd the English website SuperSport . com is the Zambian striker on the point one contract to sign for Norwich City . Mulenga ...

...City . Mulenga was currently staying in England for a medical examination . would also d ...

I''m on mobile so it was a bit fiddly to stick it through translator. Cheers for doing so. Too many articles keeps cropping up for us not to be at least chasing the lad, i''d be over the moon if he was indeed undergoing a medical.

So a web site called supersport.com says he''s having a medical.

I wonder if they got it from another web site?

Looking at SuperSport.com the report is a couple of days old. I wonder if the Dutch website has just picked up on it?

We''ll find out soon.

Just more reported hearsay, nothing concrete. It translates as follows:

"There is a good chance that FC Utrecht will have to cope without Jacob Mulenga for the second half of the season. According to the English website SuperSport.com, the Zambian centre forward is on the point of signing a contract with Norwich City. Mulenga is currently reported to be in England for a medical. ...."

As McNally assured us a couple of days ago that no bids had been made up to that point, it would seem that we have put our skates on! Or has he come on his way to Africa, with a view to our making a bid later?

1. Don''t believe reports which are basically saying that another website said something - it''s a circular non-story.

2. Don''t believe McNally when he says the club haven''t made bids for players

3. If Norwich are sensible (which I believe them to be) then they should sign any players destined for the ACN before the tournament and before they are witnessed by hundreds of scouts and clubs in one of the largest football competitions in the world - just makes good sense.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

1. Don''t believe reports which are basically saying that another website said something - it''s a circular non-story.

3. If Norwich are sensible (which I believe them to be) then they should sign any players destined for the ACN before the tournament and before they are witnessed by hundreds of scouts and clubs in one of the largest football competitions in the world - just makes good sense.

[/quote]

The truth

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

[/quote]

Dear me, Bethnal, that is SO cynical. I believe everything all football CEOs say. But I have just trawled through McNally''s twitter whatsit and - for those who slagged off Doncaster for wasting time corresponding with fans - McNally has tweeted or retweeted more than 90 times since Christmas. And often in a fairly combative way. Which is fine; combative is admirable. Except that that I''m not sure it is such a brilliant idea to retweet stuff exonerating or praising particular players, as he does with Bunn.

In other news he is asked about one of my many hobby horses, which is reintroducing a pre-adult band for casual tickets, and give the non-committal reply: "We will look at casual pricing."

[quote user="York Canary"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

[/quote]

The truth

[/quote]

So we sign a player before he goes off to ACN for a month when we need somebody immediately to cover for Holt. Makes sense !!!   Doh !!!!

[quote user="paul moy"][quote user="York Canary"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

[/quote]

The truth

[/quote]

So we sign a player before he goes off to ACN for a month when we need somebody immediately to cover for Holt. Makes sense !!!   Doh !!!!

[/quote]

Or we don''t sign him and he has a blinding tournament and his value shoots up and someone else signs him! Doh!!

The season finishes after the ACN - so he would still be able to make a contribution afterwards. I believe Norwich signed Howson when he was injured and wasn''t fit until March, a player is for longer than just January.

[quote user="paul moy"][quote user="York Canary"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

[/quote]

The truth

[/quote]

[/quote]

So if a quality player is available at the right price but not available for a month we should forego the potential that he might offer us over several seasons?

The world doesn''t end in January, nor does the Premier League season. It''s called "planning for the future". Try Googling it.

[Quote] I believe Norwich signed Howson when he was injured and wasn''t fit until March, a player is for longer than just January. [/Quote]
We also signed Ryan Bennett and loaned him back to Peterborough for a month

[/quote]

The truth

[/quote]

[/quote]

Look, none of wants to be fair to Paul Moy, but he did use the word "immediately" for a pretty good reason.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"][quote user="paul moy"][quote user="York Canary"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

[/quote]

The truth

[/quote]

[/quote]

Or we don''t sign him and he has a blinding tournament and his value shoots up and someone else signs him! Doh!!

The season finishes after the ACN - so he would still be able to make a contribution afterwards. I believe Norwich signed Howson when he was injured and wasn''t fit until March, a player is for longer than just January.

[/quote]

Understand your logic B&G, but Moy is right, we need a striker in immediately, anyone who has seen our last handful of games can tell you that. We have one premiership standard striker on our books and we have no idea how long he is injured for.

If we had to wait till march we could have been dragged into a relegation battle by then, we need to pick up points, and quickly.

I am all for bringing in an african striker but he would have to be accompanied by another signing who can go straight in to the match day squad. I fully expect to see a CMS type of signing and one of these many African players we been linked with.

Another point B&G, i personally think players such as those mentioned in this thread will have been thoroughly scouted by the top teams already, i am no so sure their prices will inflate as much as you may think after the ACN, which is why perhaps it would be better off making such a signing till the summer, giving them time to gel with the squad.

Who knows though, i would personally like to see 2 strikers and a DM come in, but i doubt we will see anymore than 2 signings, very rare to see more than that in Jan.

So are we restricted to just one signing.

In my opinion we only have one Premiership striker so we need at least two to be signed in January. One of those could easily be an ACN player and one, CMS, would be available straight away.

[quote user="Yellow Wall"]So are we restricted to just one signing. In my opinion we only have one Premiership striker so we need at least two to be signed in January. One of those could easily be an ACN player and one, CMS, would be available straight away.[/quote]

No, we are not restricted to one. And I am hopeful/confident we will get two in. But Moy''s point about needing one straight away (and I would add someone who can fit straight into English football) is valid.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

[/quote]

Dear me, Bethnal, that is SO cynical. I believe everything all football CEOs say. But I have just trawled through McNally''s twitter whatsit and - for those who slagged off Doncaster for wasting time corresponding with fans - McNally has tweeted or retweeted more than 90 times since Christmas. And often in a fairly combative way. Which is fine; combative is admirable. Except that that I''m not sure it is such a brilliant idea to retweet stuff exonerating or praising particular players, as he does with Bunn.

In other news he is asked about one of my many hobby horses, which is reintroducing a pre-adult band for casual tickets, and give the non-committal reply: "We will look at casual pricing."

[/quote]

Purple,

I think he just got a new smart phone for Xmas and was testing it out as he was bored at home.  I expect him not to be so visible on Twitter over the next 30 days apart from announcement of REAL news.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"][quote user="paul moy"][quote user="York Canary"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

[/quote]

The truth

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Exactly..

and a dog isn''t just for Christmas..wait a minute..

[quote user="Yellow Wall"]So are we restricted to just one signing. In my opinion we only have one Premiership striker so we need at least two to be signed in January. One of those could easily be an ACN player and one, CMS, would be available straight away.[/quote]

Wahey! I''d certainly hope we''d get more than 1 player especially if Moro or Jackson go out. It''s clear that we are after a striker regardless of who moves out so it makes all the sense in the world to get another when Jacko and C.Martin are out of favour

SSN Twitter update is now reporting

TransferNewsLatest

Zambia international Jacob Mulenga is in England for a medical ahead of a move to Norwich from FC Utrecht.