Sign in to follow this  
Chirping Canary

Potential Strikers

I''m not too sure about Murray or CMS. I''ve had a think and a few decent names spring to mind.

Jelle Vossen: Big powerful player with great finishing ability.

Gary Hooper: Haven''t heard his name mentioned all too much, bit he''d make a great signing. Not sure about the price tag though.

Kevin Doyle: Always liked him, and would get a few goals as well; with a bit of premier league experience at a decent price, he fits Hughtons philosophy.

Dieumerci Mbokani: Currently at Anderlecht, 27 year''s old and has scored 28 goals in 40 appearances; but again I''m unsure how much he would cost.

John Guidetti: My favourite, 6ft1" but is tricky and can finish. At 20 years old he has loads of potential, and scored 20 goals in 23 appearances for Feyenoord last season. He could be a risk due to a serious virus he picked up losing feeling in his right leg, and hasn''t played since. Loan deal could be possible however.

Just a few suggestions, as I''m unsure on Murray, who''s 29

years old, and CMS, both lacking top flight experience.

[quote user="Chirping Canary"] Kevin Doyle: Always liked him, and would get a few goals as well; . [/quote]

He might get a "few" goals but his record suggests it really would only be a few. He hasn''t got to double figures in any of the last 3 seasons and only has 5 goals so far this season.

Hughton is at Celtic park today......wonder who he could be watching? You''d think Hooper but I suppose it could be Wanyama or even Forster

[quote user="Chirping Canary"]He could be a risk due to a serious virus he picked up losing feeling in his right leg, and hasn''t played since.[/quote]Blimey, he sounds good. [:S]

He wasn''t my favourite, just a suggestion. Strikers are judged on goals these days, but I do admit it isn''t brilliant but he has a great work rate and brings others into the game, that''s what I suggested him for.

[quote user="starfish"]Hughton is at Celtic park today......wonder who he could be watching? You''d think Hooper but I suppose it could be Wanyama or even Forster[/quote]

I just read that CH was there on BBC Text..I hope it''s Hooper, but surely he''d cost more than we can afford? It was reported he turned down a new contract (18mths left at moment) because of Prem interest...maybe he wants to come back to England? I dare not get too excited about the Hooper/Norwich rumour though

[quote user="starfish"]Hughton is at Celtic park today......wonder who he could be watching? You''d think Hooper but I suppose it could be Wanyama or even Forster[/quote]Is CH really there? wow how''d you know that? :OMy bet is Either Hooper or Samaras. Realistically its Wanyama. I''d like Forster back at FCR though

Someone told me we''re after Jamie Mackie not sure where he heard it. Good signing if its true, doubt QPR would get rid of their only player who puts in 100% though.

Unless Hooper wants 2 more Champions league games it wil be Hooper. You dont travel all that way and accidently let slip to the bbc who you are there to watch unless you already close to a deal, surely your scouts do that. 

Mackie would be awesome, but I can''t see that happening as Harry surely isn''t that blind/stupid. There''d be plenty of clubs after him if they got relegated though and hopefully that would include us being in for him!As for CH - he watched Blackpool not long ago and nothing has come of that so far. Bowkett also said he frequently attends matches to study players etc on his off-days so I still won''t read too much into it at the moment. The man obviously loves his football!